Kevin Durant sweepstakes

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Dude.

1. Most people here would agree that KD probably wouldn't consider Chicago.

2. Adding Durant would in no way hurt the team.

3. How in the hell would adding a 27-year old superstar hurt a rebuild? He'd be part of the rebuild, which would immediately make us a better team and help us attract more players in free agency in the future.

It would hinder the rebuilding process the same way the current Bulls roster does.

What, I need to spell it out for you?

You need lottery picks to rebuild. You need to trade for young talent that won't sap your resources. There are examples of successful rebuilds all around the league. Cleveland and Golden State come to mind. They both started out drafting marquee talent, then building around that talent with complimentary FAs and a star player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It would hinder the rebuilding process the same way the current Bulls roster does.

Explain how. At least make an attempt at explaining how it would hinder the process. This time, try not to include the reasons why Durant won't come here, because we all already understand that.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yep, let's be the Sixers.

I don't understand the "we need to build through the draft to find a superstar" vs just getting one outright.

This team with Durant is likely to go to the Ecf vs LeBron because the east is that bad. It would put this team in serious competition. If ownership were competent and could add another guy and Durant could get some other free agents to sign here they could beat Cleveland.

But I guess it's just better to burn the whole bridge down and wait 5 years for everyone to develop, which may never happen.

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You guys called me stupid for predicting the Bulls decline that has occurred exactly when I said it would. Now you're call me stupid about Durant. The reason is you guys live in a dream world when comes to sports. As such, you have no objectivity about players, teams, or what it takes to reach the top.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

You need lottery picks to rebuild. You need to trade for young talent that won't sap your resources. There are examples of successful rebuilds all around the league. Cleveland and Golden State come to mind. They both started out drafting marquee talent, then building around that talent with complimentary FAs and a star player.

Having the best player on the planet probably helped Cleveland.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You guys called me stupid for predicting the Bulls decline that has occurred exactly when I said it would. Now you're call me stupid about Durant. The reason is you guys live in a dream world when comes to sports. As such, you have no objectivity about players, teams, or what it takes to reach the top.

Where are these said post we called you stupid?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Or you could be Philly, Minny, New Orleans, etc.

DISCLAIMER: KEVIN DURANT IS NOT COMING HERE. WE ALL KNOW THAT.

You may now continue to read..

Adding KD to the Bulls immediately makes you a contender in the Eastern Conference. It would offer both short and long term benefits to a "rebuild". You would have essentially rebuilt to where you were 3-4 years ago with one signing.

There's not a world out there where Kevin Durant hurts your team if you're rebuilding.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Adding KD to the Bulls immediately makes you a contender in the Eastern Conference. It would offer both short and long term benefits to a "rebuild". You would have essentially rebuilt to where you were 3-4 years ago with one signing.

There's not a world out there where Kevin Durant hurts your team if you're rebuilding.

incorrect. In ChiKnoxCitys world, it hurts the team.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the idea though that Westbrook and Durant "didn't work" in OKC. OKC when healthy wasn't getting ousted by or upset in the playoffs by marginal teams. They were losing in the Finals to a loaded Heat team and losing in the playoffs to the best team of the last 15 years and what might end up being one of the greatest teams of all time. If Durant and Westbrook were in the East they would have likely made the NBA Finals for the last five years straight.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I like the idea though that Westbrook and Durant "didn't work" in OKC. OKC when healthy wasn't getting ousted by or upset in the playoffs by marginal teams. They were losing in the Finals to a loaded Heat team and losing in the playoffs to the best team of the last 15 years and what might end up being one of the greatest teams of all time. If Durant and Westbrook were in the East they would have likely made the NBA Finals for the last five years straight.
Westbrook doesn't play winning basketball. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you'll realize having Kevin Durant on your team hurts you.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Hey Minnesota might finally be good now.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just can't wait til Durant signs with L.A. so we can put this all behind us. We don't need any distractions slowing us down from our full, true rebuild. We'll call it the "Durantless rebuild" and yes, it's a true one. Well, true for the fans that think like GMs and not like fans living in some dreamland.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Having the best player on the planet probably helped Cleveland.

God you are a meatball. They had LeBron before the rebuild, then he left. He was not on the roster when they initiated to rebuild. He came back when the rebuild was complete and they had some young talent in place. How about we try thinking this out for a minute before we post childish comebacks.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
"God you are a meatball."
"Childish comebacks"

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

The Bulls have BEEN a "contender" in the east. OKC has BEEN a "contender" in the west. That means absolute shit, being a contender. To win you need a complete TEAM, not just one or two really good players.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls have BEEN a "contender" in the east. OKC has BEEN a "contender" in the west. That means absolute shit, being a contender. To win you need a complete TEAM, not just one or two really good players.

Yeah, true. Having Durant is a horrible start to building a complete team.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Westbrook doesn't play winning basketball. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you'll realize having Kevin Durant on your team hurts you.

Westbrook is eye candy. He has the athleticism to score points. His problem is he doesn't make good decisions as a point guard, is a vloume scorer, has a major ego problem and he can't hit the broadside of a barn on a regular basis. Westbrook will never win a championship, and will most likely have a short career in the NBA due to his playing style.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
God you are a meatball. They had LeBron before the rebuild, then he left. He was not on the roster when they initiated to rebuild. He came back when the rebuild was complete and they had some young talent in place. How about we try thinking this out for a minute before we post childish comebacks.

Hey, GM of the Future. That rebuild was not complete upon James' arrival. They still had to get Love. They also traded for JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, and Mosgov during the season. So where the fuck do you get this young talent already in place idea?