Kevin White Megathread: Needs Surgery/Could Miss Entire Season

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
Should have picked Gurley. Even healthy White is nothing special. Gurley was the one talent in this draft on offense who was once a generation.

No. We could stay with White in the 1st, or they could of gone a different direction... then draft Ameer Abdullah in the 2nd. He will be the guy teams regret not drafting in the 1st, we could, and should of snagged him in the 2nd.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should have picked Gurley. Even healthy White is nothing special. Gurley was the one talent in this draft on offense who was once a generation.

Yeah right. Drafting a guy coming off of major knee surgery isn't a risk! The fact of the matter is, no one knows whether or not Gurley or White are special or not; neither has played one down in the NFL.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:

We should have drafted Vic Beasley since he was probably the best pure edge rusher then we could have lined McPhee up all over the field. When you field the worst D in the NFL 2 years in a row and have an aging OL along with a top 7 pick, WR is a horrible pick.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
We should have drafted Vic Beasley since he was probably the best pure edge rusher then we could have lined McPhee up all over the field. When you field the worst D in the NFL 2 years in a row and have an aging OL along with a top 7 pick, WR is a horrible pick.

I think it was hard for fans to see what our front office was seeing, we were stacked at OLB prior to the draft. Sure it was with question marks (Young, Houston & Allen) but McPhee was going to start and we have three guys who don't fit anywhere else that are or have been starters.

You can argue what we should have done all day long but outside of White, the next 10 prospects we could have taken would have been considered a huge reach in any other draft year. Trea Waynes would have been my pick but more from a need/talent than just talent. White was taken because he was the next best prospect on our board. I can't blame our org for that. It makes sense and unfortunately, after the draft, shit went down hill.

Would Dante Folwer not have gotten injured had he dropped to us and we drafted him? Would Kevin White be the star of preseason if he was a Raider? You just never know who is going to get injured and which position to stack in that case. Drafting White made a ton of sense at the time.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it was hard for fans to see what our front office was seeing, we were stacked at OLB prior to the draft. Sure it was with question marks (Young, Houston & Allen) but McPhee was going to start and we have three guys who don't fit anywhere else that are or have been starters.

You can argue what we should have done all day long but outside of White, the next 10 prospects we could have taken would have been considered a huge reach in any other draft year. Trea Waynes would have been my pick but more from a need/talent than just talent. White was taken because he was the next best prospect on our board. I can't blame our org for that. It makes sense and unfortunately, after the draft, shit went down hill.

Would Dante Folwer not have gotten injured had he dropped to us and we drafted him? Would Kevin White be the star of preseason if he was a Raider? You just never know who is going to get injured and which position to stack in that case. Drafting White made a ton of sense at the time.

I beg to differ, with the mindset this was a rebuilding year, and a very good chance we would be looking for our future QB in next years draft, this WAS NOT the year to take a wide receiver in the first round, but to strengthen our O-line, possibly by trading down and gaining multiple picks.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I beg to differ, with the mindset this was a rebuilding year, and a very good chance we would be looking for our future QB in next years draft, this WAS NOT the year to take a wide receiver in the first round, but to strengthen our O-line, possibly by trading down and gaining multiple picks.

A year of a rebuild is the ideal time to take best available in the draft. And by all many accounts, White was the best available.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Teams seldom actually draft BPA, although they love to say they do. More accurate statement would be BPA in a position of need.

Funny because the jets didn't have a need for a 5 tech but took BPA anyways. As did the Rams with Gurley even though they have The Mason. I could keep going buy its pointless. Many teams use BPA philosophy, especially early In the draft because there are only so many blue chip prospects. Taking a lesser player to fill a need is not a smart approach for long term success.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny because the jets didn't have a need for a 5 tech but took BPA anyways. As did the Rams with Gurley even though they have The Mason. I could keep going buy its pointless. Many teams use BPA philosophy, especially early In the draft because there are only so many blue chip prospects. Taking a lesser player to fill a need is not a smart approach for long term success.

Of course there are exceptions. But I will counter your argument with the fact many teams trade down and pick up additional picks over picking BPA when that player does not fill a position of need for the team on the clock. And, that is a very smart approach.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Of course there are exceptions. But I will counter your argument with the fact many teams trade down and pick up additional picks over picking BPA when that player does not fill a position of need for the team on the clock. And, that is a very smart approach.

Your claim was BPA is a myth. My point stands. It simply isn't.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lest we forget, WR was not a position of need until they dumped Marshall.

AussieBear

I didnt like the white pick, nor did i really hate it - the man has (had??) upside. However, unless Willams was sitting at 7, Gurley should've been the pick. I still would have taken Gurley with Williams at 7, but given the NEEDS on D, i would have been okay with williams more than k white for sure.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Pace on radio right now lying about what the Bears knew and when about Kevin White. Says he wants to be perfectly honest with the fans. LOLOOLOLO. Pace has the potential of being a HOF liar..