Kevin White Megathread: Needs Surgery/Could Miss Entire Season

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You have very low standards and expectations. That's on you and I feel bad for you

What I have or don't have has nothing to do with the question.

Please answer the question.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
And speaking of dumbass's...right on cue as usual..............

Aren't you getting tired of getting blasted all the time for being such a moron? How you actually spew without thinking is a gift. Thank you

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
What I have or don't have has nothing to do with the question.

Please answer the question.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Don't you get tired of the Bears being mediocre year after year, only to have the guys in charge lie to you about it? I mean, if you want to compare yourself to Belichick win some games here, build some credibility, then say whatever you want. I'm sure Pats fans couldn't care less when Bill lies. But when your results are closer to the Browns or Jags, yeah it does tend to grate after awhile.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't you get tired of the Bears being mediocre year after year, only to have the guys in charge lie to you about it? I mean, if you want to compare yourself to Belichick win some games here, build some credibility, then say whatever you want. I'm sure Pats fans couldn't care less when Bill lies. But when your results are closer to the Browns or Jags, yeah it does tend to grate after awhile.
Sure. But weather or not they win or lose on Sunday, I have to work on Monday all the same. So my life is not affected. Them being mediocre is obviously not as much fun as it would be if they went undefeated every year. But that's irrelevant here.

I need you to explain to me the correlation between them lying about injuries and the ability to draft, develop, and sign free agents?

How does them lying to you mean they will win more or lose more games?

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Sure. But weather or not they win or lose on Sunday, I have to work on Monday all the same. So my life is not affected. Them being mediocre is obviously not as much fun as it would be if they went undefeated every year. But that's irrelevant here.

I need you to explain to me the correlation between them lying about injuries and the ability to draft, develop, and sign free agents?

How does them lying to you mean they will win more or lose more games?

But that's not what i'm saying. I'm just saying being lied to or talked down to by an organization that's consistently 7-9 or 8-8 and can't make the playoffs gets old. Now, i'm not missing any sleep over it, but it just makes them come off as clowns.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
But that's not what i'm saying. I'm just saying being lied to or talked down to by an organization that's consistently 7-9 or 8-8 and can't make the playoffs gets old. Now, i'm not missing any sleep over it, but it just makes them come off as clowns.
Then remove yourself from that part of it. I'll come on here to read news and participate in discussions, but even that doesn't matter much to me. Ultimately it's the games that matter. You talked about the Jags in an earlier post - doesn't Gus Bradley do the job of talking up his players to the media, despite not being the most talented team in the league? Is he lying? Do Jags fans care, or do they understand that he probably shouldn't be motherfucking his players to reporters?

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Then remove yourself from that part of it. I'll come on here to read news and participate in discussions, but even that doesn't matter much to me. Ultimately it's the games that matter. You talked about the Jags in an earlier post - doesn't Gus Bradley do the job of talking up his players to the media, despite not being the most talented team in the league? Is he lying? Do Jags fans care, or do they understand that he probably shouldn't be motherfucking his players to reporters?

I can remove myself from it, as I usually try to do when the Bears embarrass themselves, but that still doesn't change the fact that they look silly when they don't need to. I can close my eyes, but that Eagles game from a couple years ago still exists.

And there's a difference between not criticizing your players and the Bears insulting their fans intelligence. "We want character guys...like Ray McDonald." "White is day to day and the injury is minor". It's like they try to ape more successful organizations but don't really know how or when to do it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Funny because the jets didn't have a need for a 5 tech but took BPA anyways. As did the Rams with Gurley even though they have The Mason. I could keep going buy its pointless. Many teams use BPA philosophy, especially early In the draft because there are only so many blue chip prospects. Taking a lesser player to fill a need is not a smart approach for long term success.

By the same token, Williams was higher rated than players taken before him. In reality he fell due to need by teams in front. Neither view is 100% correct. You draft need when the board is close and take a non need when value demands. At least it appears that way from what I've seen GMs do.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Bears are NOT built to win next year. Period. But there are at least 8 other teams that are. We might be able to do a trade?

They should put W.Young out there on the trade market and see if they can get any good offers for him. He obviously had the knee surgery but should be fine not too long from now and a team that runs the 4-3 defense might bite.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I can remove myself from it, as I usually try to do when the Bears embarrass themselves, but that still doesn't change the fact that they look silly when they don't need to. I can close my eyes, but that Eagles game from a couple years ago still exists.

And there's a difference between not criticizing your players and the Bears insulting their fans intelligence. "We want character guys...like Ray McDonald." "White is day to day and the injury is minor". It's like they try to ape more successful organizations but don't really know how or when to do it.

You are quite the drama queen, aren't ya?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
By the same token, Williams was higher rated than players taken before him. In reality he fell due to need by teams in front. Neither view is 100% correct. You draft need when the board is close and take a non need when value demands. At least it appears that way from what I've seen GMs do.

What other teams do does not determine your draft philosophy. Someone said, drafting BPA was myth. He gave examples of teams drafting BPA. I don't remember him stating anywhere that teams draft BPA no matter what and in every situation...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A bit of common sense here. Of course what's left on the board affects your draft.

It's not one or the other. Nobody is taking Vereen in the 1st round because they need a safety. BPA is not a 'myth' but it's overstated as an absolute or best way to improve a team and while some want to emphasize and hold Nc0 to the word 'myth', I think we all know what he meant. The teams before the Jets did not all take BPA or Williams wouldn't have been there.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
A bit of common sense here. Of course what's left on the board affects your draft.

It's not one or the other. Nobody is taking Vereen in the 1st round because they need a safety. BPA is not a 'myth' but it's overstated as an absolute or best way to improve a team. The teams before the Jets did not all take BPA or Williams wouldn't have been there.

I guess I don't know who you are talking to or arguing with then. nc0gnet0 is the only one that spoke in absolutes that I can see. But whatever, carry on.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, I wasn't arguing with anyone until you created one with an odd comment about what happens before you doesn't affect you in a draft. Just giving my opinion on the topic at hand. Yes the absolute was obviously not intended to be that (because we all know better players get taken earlier than worse ones) though he's been held to it and the Jets example wasn't a great one for the reason I stated. Draft big boards are grade vs position vs need and they even change by what you took earlier in the draft. Not just grade. If you disagree, fine but I was simply stating an opinion on a message board and didn't realize I needed to argue with someone for it to count.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
LOL, I wasn't arguing with anyone until you created one with an odd comment about what happens before you doesn't affect you in a draft. Just giving my opinion on the topic at hand. Yes the absolute was obviously not intended to be that (because we all know better players get taken earlier than worse ones) though he's been held to it and the Jets example wasn't a great one for the reason I stated. Draft big boards are grade vs position vs need and they even change by what you took earlier in the draft. Not just grade. If you disagree, fine but I was simply stating an opinion on a message board and didn't realize I needed to argue with someone for it to count.

Mkay... I didn't state that what happens in draft before you doesn't affect you. But whatever. Once again, carry on.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I response to Williams falling in regards to the Jets taking him, you said: 'What other teams do does not determine your draft philosophy.' Is it a qualified argument yet?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I response to Williams falling in regards to the Jets taking him, you said: 'What other teams do does not determine your draft philosophy.' Is it a qualified argument yet?

I bolded the key word for you. You are welcome.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I guess I don't know how to help you. I say that because these people are complete strangers to you and have no bearing on your life. If they lie, so what. I just don't understand the feeling and anger people have when one organization does the exact same thing all other organizations in its field do. This is common sense in today's NFL.

This organization is one full of ass clowns. Ok, so what, I still watch and root.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

Every team "wants" character guys and every team will for go character here and there if they think it makes them better. As far as injuries, well, lying about injuries is as old as organized sports.

I can't tell if some of you are naive or just self entitled. But this is normal. If you want to go back to the revolutionary ways of trestman and his touchy feely bullshit by all means. This is normal NFL stuff. The Bears problems aren't due to not being honest with the fans and media. Its been talent evaluation, coaching and roster construction.

Personally, I think showing disdain for the media is the most honest thing a coach can do. Because they don't like the media, and pretty much every coach would prefer to not have the bottom feeding garbage hounds masquerading as journalists anywhere near their teams.

Reactions: 1ke