Kevin White Megathread: Needs Surgery/Could Miss Entire Season

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I know some hate it, but can't help but like how Bears handled Kevin White's Injury

Consider the entire information as a whole:

1) Bears staff notices Kevin is limping even before he knows it during OTAs. They are proactive in getting him off the field.

2) Bears allow Kevin to rehab in private in case he will be able to have the stress fracture heal on its own - not letting other teams gain a competitive advantage should he be ready to take the field this season.

3) Rather than rush White into training camp, they rehab him during it, to see if he can heal on his own without surgery.

4) The minute it becomes obvious he will need the surgery (after a setback in the rehab), they don't dick around; he's getting the surgery, draft status be damned.

Fans and media might be annoyed with this.

But to a prospective player going forward who hears about this?

This projects an organization that actively is looking out for its players, and not just paying lip service to it. There are a number of organizations who would have pushed White to suck it up and he would have been hurt worse in training camp; they might have even disregarded the limp in OTAs.

I love it because it shows even in a bad situation, the team is smart enough to do right, by the team and by the player...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Can't really blame Pace for this. Just terrible luck. Though truth be told I wasn't really expecting a ton out of him as a rookie. Luckily they still have Jeffrey and royal and hopefully someone else can step up.

That other someone will be M.Bennett and M.Forte.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would be annoyed if we didn't have great WR depth and talent

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah they did a masterful job of keeping him off the field. If only jerry angelo had done the same thing with chris williams. #newEra

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Srs are there any WR FA options out there worth a look?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I thought I just read somewhere where in a recent interview, white said he didn't have any fractures.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
How is this his fault?

It's not. The Kevin White injury doesn't really change anything. The Bears are bad either way. They still have a lot of good drafting to do before the team can become good again.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Yeah they did a masterful job of keeping him off the field. If only jerry angelo had done the same thing with chris williams. #newEra

The difference there is, you knew Chris had a bad back when he was drafted. Kevin hurt himself during OTAs.