Khalil Mack trade details

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
How are the Bears going to overcome 3 of the highest paid QBs in the league?

Ryan Pace:

hqdefault_live.jpg

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
If it is to be...it is up to Trubisky

The quest for a superbowl

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too bad Donald didn't hold out just a little bit longer.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too bad Donald didn't hold out just a little bit longer.

Supposedly his camp wanted an escalator in his contract in case another defender was paid more.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1036011135483486211

Khalil Mack and the Bears just reached agreeement on a record-setting 6-year, $141 million extension ($23.5M per year avg) that includes $90M guaranteed and $60M at signing, source tells ESPN.

Mack is the new highest-paid defensive player in NFL history.

Nice! They keep it at $23.5 like Donald, but up the guarantee a little bit. Pace is killing it, imo. I can't wait to see the annual breakdown, however.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Crazy we can work out a deal with Mack in an afternoon, but it took a couple months for ROQUAN'S....

One contract didn't have future implications on all rookie deals going forward and the other did...

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Payday! Maybe that bullshit about Bears being cheap will finally be put to rest. Glad we have Mitch on that rookie deal. Shit just got real boys.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Hey now, no disrespect my man. Its a banner day for Bears fans. Don't let my response ruin your day.

Trust me, a response on a message board does not ruin my day. If anything, I wish you would have not said no disrespect. It would have actually made my day even better if I got into it with another poster. Nonetheless, no disrespect.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
At first I was against this trade. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the 2 1sts for Cutler and the 2nd round pick for a dead guy. Surely we can get our own All-pro players with the picks.

Then I warmed up to the idea since we are a couple of players away from contending. And Pace has shown a remarkable ability to draft starters in the middle rounds.

But then I saw that we get back the Raiders' 2nd rounder in 2020 and I was floored. Keep in mind that if all goes to plan, our 2020 3rd rounder will be a late pick and the Raiders' 2020 2nd rounder will be a high pick. In essence, we're jumping almost 2 rounds instead of just 1.

And the cherry on top of all this is the Packers don't get Mack. This was probably a huge reason Pace had to get the deal done. His Trubisky plan would've fallen apart if Trub had to face Mack twice a year.

Moving forward, I'd like to see Pace trade our 2020 2nd rounders to grab a 2019 2nd rounder and draft a Right Tackle to replace Massie. And keep an eye out for an upgrade to Prince Amukamara. We also have a deep TE and WR group that can net us some picks.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
When 2021 comes around and the only talent we've acquired is a player the calber of Major Wright after two drafts y'all be seeing this move in a different light. Promise that.
Unconditionally hating everything Pace is becoming getting harder and harder to not look like a compete fool about.