Kirk to be traded

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
So this is contingent on resigning Ben I assume.

Nope, I've heard they want to move Hinrich even if they don't sign Ben.

Woodz

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
TheStig wrote:

Very interesting. I thought the assumption that it was contingent on signing ben was safe. We could be in for a fun (read: 35 wins) season if we lose both and replace them with a draft pick.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Quick question, can trades be made now? I read in some article that it's after the playoffs, but I thought that teams could defintely do something now. Am I confusing this with another sport or something?

J-Mart

Liked Posts:
Have you heard whether or not Hinrich asked to be traded? This seems like a total 180 from where we were at before. Paxson always implied that we can't get rid of Kirk until we figure out what happens to Gordon. Although I suppose Salmons could have changed this also.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
J-Mart wrote:
Have you heard whether or not Hinrich asked to be traded? This seems like a total 180 from where we were at before. Paxson always implied that we can't get rid of Kirk until we figure out what happens to Gordon. Although I suppose Salmons could have changed this also.
Or maybe Pax really gave more control then we think over to Foreman and he doesn't feel the same way.

I just can see us trading Kirk especially if brings back an expiring deal even if that means our team is weaker next year because of it, but this is a move that probably should have been made once we won the lottery last year.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
He was the main reason

Totally ludicrous. Wallace, Smith, and Deng were the main culprits in getting Skiles fired. It was mainly Wallace though. He absolutely hated Skiles.

Kirk is not the type of person who openly defies his coach or management. He comes to work everyday, works hard, and never complains. I don't want to see him gone, but he's our best trade bait at the moment.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Joe Smith? are you serious. Luol Deng had 16 points on 48 percent shooting thats pretty good. I agree Wallace was one of problems, but Ric Buchler has said team turned on Skiles when they continued to start Hinrich over Duhon when everyone felt Duhon should start. I also think Skiles be scared of Wallace lost alot of respect from players

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Joe Smith? are you serious. Luol Deng had 16 points on 48 percent shooting thats pretty good. I agree Wallace was one of problems, but Ric Buchler has said team turned on Skiles when they continued to start Hinrich over Duhon when everyone felt Duhon should start. I also think Skiles be scared of Wallace lost alot of respect from players

So the coach choosing Kirk to start is Kirk's fault? And please, Duhon sucks. I'm amazed he even starts for NY. Yeaaa, he played injured. Good for him. I can't believe that the team wanted a backup starting over a legit starting PG, who was their friggin' team captain!

Skiles scared of Wallace? Puh-leez. He went toe to toe with Shaq, he's not scared of anyone. Management made the concessions for Wallace, not Skiles. And if you talk to KC he will tell you the three I mentioned had a hand in getting Skiles canned. I think I'll trust the Bulls beat writer's word over Ric Bucher.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
ryguy24 wrote:
Quick question, can trades be made now? I read in some article that it's after the playoffs, but I thought that teams could defintely do something now. Am I confusing this with another sport or something?

Yes they can. You can trade as soon as your season is over as long as the other team's season is also over. However, there are some limitations on trading now (you can't trade players who's last year was this past season though they are technically on your books until July 1st). You also can't trade players with option clauses prior to the option clauses being picked up.

For all practical purposes, trades aren't really made until the draft though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well if Kirk really is going to be traded...best wishes to him. He will always be one of my favorite players. And he is in no way a jerk or a bum, what could you possibly say to back that up? The guy comes to play everyday. I would also hope that this also results in BG getting resigned because otherwise IMO we're taking a step back.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
J-Mart wrote:

I don't know if he asked, but I know he wouldn't be upset with a trade.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
TheStig wrote:

Wow, I am surprised they soured on him so quickly, I thought he was filling his role well and is a captain. I understand they don't like his salary but I don't understand the move unless you resign Ben. Neither Kirk or Salmons are sgs but at least they cover each others weaknesses.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
If they traded Hinrich and didn't re-sign Gordon, that would be insane.

You would just have Rose and Salmons. And you know Deng will go down at some point with an injury. And what if Rose/Salmons get hurt. They would be depending on draft pick for their depth?

I hope they can get the 6 pick (probably won't happen, these pre-draft rumors never seem to) they can maybe package it with 16, Tyrus, and try to get Bosh/Stoudemire. But I suppose Hinrich would have been part of any possible Stoudemire/Bosh deal.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
If they traded Hinrich and didn't re-sign Gordon, that would be insane.

You would just have Rose and Salmons. And you know Deng will go down at some point with an injury. And what if Rose/Salmons get hurt. They would be depending on draft pick for their depth?

I hope they can get the 6 pick (probably won't happen, these pre-draft rumors never seem to) they can maybe package it with 16, Tyrus, and try to get Bosh/Stoudemire. But I suppose Hinrich would have been part of any possible Stoudemire/Bosh deal.

I think Gordon is gonna be back IMO which is great, with that said I wouldn't be upset if we ended up losing both and here's why

Kirk is good and even with Gordon gone he's still a back up and though his replacement won't be as good he will be cheaper. I also feel we're not just going to dump Kirk for nothing so we'll get something for him. Look at the rumors going around... Tech9 has said Kaman or Camby will be talked about(I'm hoping Camby) and then a Minnesota radio guy is saying that the Wolves might offer us a 6th pick for Kirk

So looking @ both these rumors it looks like we'll get something nice for Kirk

If we lose Gordon we still have Rose-Salmons-Deng plus the 16th, 26th and what Kirk gets us. next year people might worry but as far as flexibility we'll have a lot. I want Gordon back but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there any chance to see Rose, Gordon, Hinrich, Deng, Salmons, Tyrus and Stoudemire together in a Bulls dress next season?

What kind of players does Phoenix need? Can´t we give them.... let´s see .... both picks, and players like Brad Miller, Tim Thomas, Aaron Gray, Lindsey Hunter (will he play next year?), Jerome James, Anthony Robertson, or even Joakim Noah?

Hah I don´t think so. I´m kind of dreaming maybe because it´s 02:30AM here.:laugh:

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Bullseye wrote:
Is there any chance to see Rose, Gordon, Hinrich, Deng, Salmons, Tyrus and Stoudemire together in a Bulls dress next season?

What kind of players does Phoenix need? Can´t we give them.... let´s see .... both picks, and players like Brad Miller, Tim Thomas, Aaron Gray, Lindsey Hunter (will he play next year?), Jerome James, Anthony Robertson, or even Joakim Noah?

Hah I don´t think so. I´m kind of dreaming maybe because it´s 02:30AM here.:laugh:

Amare said he would love to be on the Bulls before the season start on Waddle & Silvy today. He also said he'll sport goggles with the Bulls logo on the side. Interesting note, Amare would of went to Memphis if he hadn't entered the draft. He also stressed his fondness for Vinny Del Negro.

engies

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

So the coach choosing Kirk to start is Kirk's fault? And please, Duhon sucks. I'm amazed he even starts for NY. Yeaaa, he played injured. Good for him. I can't believe that the team wanted a backup starting over a legit starting PG, who was their friggin' team captain!

Skiles scared of Wallace? Puh-leez. He went toe to toe with Shaq, he's not scared of anyone. Management made the concessions for Wallace, not Skiles. And if you talk to KC he will tell you the three I mentioned had a hand in getting Skiles canned. I think I'll trust the Bulls beat writer's word over Ric Bucher.

I dont think Duhon sucks. He did some good stuff while here & helped get Skiles system going in games. He was doing decent on Knicks until he got injured. If he's not a starter he's certainly one of the leagues best backup pg's

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
engies wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

I dont think Duhon sucks. He did some good stuff while here & helped get Skiles system going in games. He was doing decent on Knicks until he got injured. If he's not a starter he's certainly one of the leagues best backup pg's
Duhon definitely does not suck, but IMO Kirk is better. The one thing that Duhon has over Hinrich is that he's faster. So in a situation where there was a guard like TJ Ford, I bet Duhon was covering him instead of Hinrich. But really, that's the only thing Duhon has over Hinrich. Starting Kirk over him was IMO not in any way Kirk's fault unless you want to say that him just being the better overall PG is his fault. Kirk is a notch above Duhon in my book.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Hinrich is a better player than Duhon....period. I don't think that was the problem concerning Skiles and the team.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

Well if you listened to Doug's podcast Bulls Beat you would of realized that Skiles had the other players take care of Wallace for him. At practice he would swear and Skiles and just leave while Skiles made Pete Myers go talk to him