1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good soldier.... Got rewarded.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Up next is finding a way to ship off Bickell so they can lock up Ladd long term (during the offseason, obviously). Get that shit done Bowman!

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Lazerus is saying 3 years for $9.25mil. Definitely a lot higher than I was expecting/hoping for.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Following Danault's departure, I was hoping for 2 years & $5.5 million, close enough.

Stan is as good as any GM in the NHL, praise!

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Bickell must be gone by the end of the season. But at what cost. Krüger deserves the money.

Barring a miracle wherein he is reborn in the playoffs, BB is a Hawk next year riding the bus in the minors where we can get a discount on his cap hit.

When the Toronto and Vancouver prospective trades fell through, that was realistically our last good shot at moving him.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Barring a miracle wherein he is reborn in the playoffs, BB is a Hawk next year riding the bus in the minors where we can get a discount on his cap hit.

When the Toronto and Vancouver prospective trades fell through, that was realistically our last good shot at moving him.

Not really, if he's actually healthy going into the summer he's still a moveable piece at the draft. Especially if like Versteeg, he's paired with some other piece. A one year without you needing to retain any players with salary back isn't tough and they could as well eat anywhere up to 2 mil of the deal it can be done. They can only save 900k sending him down but can save 2 mil if they retain.

Kruger is gonna be making old Bolland monies now. 3 mil or 3.3 is the range of defensive shut down role centers. It's what a boyd gordon got and others as well.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If the Hawks can end up moving Bickell this won't seem so bad. But right now, paying a tad over $3m AAV for a 4th-line center is a bit rough for a cap-strapped team like the Hawks, no matter how good Kruger is in that role (and make no mistake, he's real real damn good in that role).

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It is a bit more than ideal, but especially after trading the potential "future Kruger" in Danoault, Danaol... danaaul I don't have to figure out how to pronounce his frenchy name they know how to say it up there where he is now, it's good to sign the D role down.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its not a question for me of if I like Kruger, its just I'm not sure we get enough production to spend that kinda money. The way the Hawks are, this means goodbye Ladd, and puts big ?'s on both Shaw, then TT.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Not really, if he's actually healthy going into the summer he's still a moveable piece at the draft. Especially if like Versteeg, he's paired with some other piece. A one year without you needing to retain any players with salary back isn't tough and they could as well eat anywhere up to 2 mil of the deal it can be done. They can only save 900k sending him down but can save 2 mil if they retain.

Kruger is gonna be making old Bolland monies now. 3 mil or 3.3 is the range of defensive shut down role centers. It's what a boyd gordon got and others as well.

There's the rub, every one knows Bigfoot is damaged goods. And cannot sustain any shred of effort. Moving him will cost a serious pick or prospect, or a bit of both. I wish.

As for Kruger, no hands, can't compare him to Bolland in his prime, similar style but Bolland played the entire rink, Krugs has dick-fingers near the goal. Btw, I am a fan of what he brings, but this was a slight overpay, nothing to whine about until the annual and inevitable cap-purge this summer.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Its not a question for me of if I like Kruger, its just I'm not sure we get enough production to spend that kinda money. The way the Hawks are, this means goodbye Ladd, and puts big ?'s on both Shaw, then TT.

Shaw is as good as gone, Q loves TT so he is going nowhere.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ladd is not going to re-sign with the Hawks after this season, even without the Krüger extension. He will look for a final big payday and the Hawks are in no position to offer that. And Krüger is much more than his production, he's a premier shut-down center in the league and starts most of his shifts in the defensive zone against the opponents top lines, killer on the PK and dots. He had an off year before he got injured, but so did everyone else apart from the Kane, Panarin and Anisimov line. Getting Krüger back in the line-up will also most likely help the Toews line, who will probably shift focus towards the offensive side of the game rather than the being the shut-down line.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
they better win it all this year....

Mattia

Liked Posts:
Well done Stan, maybe a bit overpaid but I'm fine with that. Furthermore will be key shipping Bickell and understanding how much will be the cap next year. Anyone knows when it will be set?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Blackhawks are already looking at a tough cap position next year...and that was before signing Kruger to this deal. They have seen how life is without him almost this entire year and what I have seen doesn't equate to Kruger being a $3mil a year player. I'm a fan of Kruger (outside of his stupid offensive penalties at times) and he brings a lot on the defensive/pk side of things, but I really don't think he is worth more than $2mil a year to this team. I full expect that there is a high likelihood that Shaw is gone (possibly in a deal with Bickell) and I know many had pipe dreams of re-signing Ladd/Weise but this deal makes it even that more difficult. A lot can change and maybe they get some cap luck (cap goes up more than expected, someone takes Bickell's entire contract, cap friendly deal from someone) but looking at next year's situation...and it isn't a good one.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
If somebody can find a GM to take Bickell, it's Bowman.

Solid signing with Kruger. Lets worry about next year's cap after the season. We go through this every year with people worrying about the future cap situation. Yet we keep re-loading and having parade's. Supposedly we were screwed this year and then Bowman pulled the Bread Man out of his ass.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ladd is not going to re-sign with the Hawks after this season, even without the Krüger extension. He will look for a final big payday and the Hawks are in no position to offer that. And Krüger is much more than his production, he's a premier shut-down center in the league and starts most of his shifts in the defensive zone against the opponents top lines, killer on the PK and dots. He had an off year before he got injured, but so did everyone else apart from the Kane, Panarin and Anisimov line. Getting Krüger back in the line-up will also most likely help the Toews line, who will probably shift focus towards the offensive side of the game rather than the being the shut-down line.

This is exactly why I won't complain about his contract #s. Guys like that may never make the Hall, but they're just as integral to a winning team as anyone.