Kruger Extended

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Hossa is slowing down to the point where he may in the realm of retiring, the Hawks will LTIR him a la Pronger.
Then find the money somewhere else. They would play hell trying to find the energy and grit that Shaw bring every night.

It's easy to find the money (or ask the Hawks-- they're losing money).
This isn't the MLB, or pre-lockout 2004 NHL. If it was, the Blackhawks would be hoarding players like teams did before the current cap.
You can't just "find" money and make a Shaw contract work under the current CBA. He will probably be a cap casualty.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The "grit and energy" part of Shaw's game are SO easily replaceable. That's waiting in the wins directly with Hartman and there was an offchance of Ross developing but that may not be not even just for his legal situation. The Shaw quality that is toughest to replace is his flexibility to fit anywhere in the lineup and the net presence skill. They've drafted guys for that grit spot already

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The part that makes the Shaw situation dicey is that Panik and he have been the offense for a couple of games now.

Everyone else is core or makes so little money; I don't think aside from Bickell and Runblad if there's any scrub that could be moved to accommodate.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Stan has earned our unwavering support (despite the Kimmo deal which which I equate to a Gaines Adams trade, BTW), and I remain in favor of the recent transactions.

However, i get real twitchy watching Dano and Daley thriving in their new environments, ouch. Also really liked Danault and was hoping he was a cheap replacement for Krugs. Oh well.

Anyway, i remain hopeful and expect to see #19 call for a players-only meeting to wake them the fuck up and ramp up to playoff level intensity, enough with this coasting/sleepwalking, right?