Larry Borom will compete with Germain Ifedi at RT

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The issue with this is that Ifedi is not a starting caliber player at tackle. The seahawks drafted him with hopes he would one day develop into a tackle, and he never did. They let him go and he signed with the bears on a vet minimum deal. Borom will beat out Ifedi at some point this year. Unforuntately that means absolutely nothing as Ifedi is a trash can player.
Ifedi is a serviceable backup. Id rather he isn't starting and Borom outperforms him for sure though

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Heard it during the draft by a few analysts and various scouting reports
I don’t believe the Bears or the Broncos (who were set to select him with the next pick) agree.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Ifedi is a serviceable backup. Id rather he isn't starting and Borom outperforms him for sure though

I agree. I just don't really like when you trot out a serviceable back up to be a starter. I also am not impressed when someone can outperform a serviceable back up on a veteran minimum deal.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I don’t believe the Bears or the Broncos (who were set to select him with the next pick) agree.
That’s fine. Not every scout or analyst is going to agree but there’s certainly a lot of people who question his ability to play RT in the NFL. And who knows what the Broncos think, tbh? He was drafted in the 5th round…that’s usually more OG territory than OT but there’s always exceptions. I’m just hoping he could develop into a starter. RG, RT, I don’t care

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is silly to be nervous about the unknown when the known was so underwhelming.

What are the chances of the offensive tackle play being considerably worse than last year?
In my opinion, 100%...

At least until Fields gives them something unstationary and unpredictable.

I heard Jenkins say "I've always gone right at every level every game every practice since pee wee" and then I hear the bears plans for him and I think...

Only the Bears.
The old standbye. Only the Bears.

WTF?

Borom to compete at RT is another WTF?
Only the Bears.

I think Ifedi might be the best LT on the team. Jenkins is probably the best RT. Daniels and Whitehair for sure 2 of 3 inside in some combo.

I dont understand.

I think Jenkins should be RT where he will succeed, Ifedi and Borom should be fighting to prove they can hold down RG, so that Mustert and Bars can form a versatile core bench.

I don't see an adequate LT on the roster and believe this is a 15 month project to tank and come out guns blazing in fall 2022.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
In my opinion, 100%...

I heard Jenkins say "I've always gone right at every level every game every practice since pee wee" and then I hear the bears plans for him and I think...

Only the Bears.

WTF?

Only the Bears.

I think Ifedi might be the best LT on the team. Jenkins is probably the best RT. Daniels and Whitehair for sure 2 of 3 inside in some combo.

I dont understand.

I think Jenkins should be RT where he will succeed, Ifedi and Borom should be fighting to prove they can hold down RG, so that Mustert and Bars can form a versatile core bench.

I don't see an adequate LT on the roster and believe this is a 15 month project to tank and come out guns blazing in fall 2022.

This guy is your best LT?...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Don't think he takes Ifedi's job this year but you never know. May sound odd but Ifedi was much better at T than G last year.
Agree I'm very glad we have Ifedi for the RT position, and I wish we had a 1 year vet over on the LT side to compete with Jenkins

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is silly to be nervous about the unknown when the known was so underwhelming.

What are the chances of the offensive tackle play being considerably worse than last year?
If Jenkins is a complete bust...it could be worse

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree I'm very glad we have Ifedi for the RT position, and I wish we had a 1 year vet over on the LT side to compete with Jenkins
I like Borom and think he could be a fixture there in the future but it's asking a lot. I always like when the rooks take jobs because it means we improved.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Borom and think he could be a fixture there in the future but it's asking a lot. I always like when the rooks take jobs because it means we improved.
People don’t know about Wannstedt

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did he say that?
Lol......he drafted and started rookies that replaced vets and most tanked. There wasn’t a lot of competition. Just shiny new players that sucked.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol......he drafted and started rookies that replaced vets and most tanked. There wasn’t a lot of competition. Just shiny new players that sucked.
As we found out with Mitch, you can fix dumb. If not about cap, you gotta earn it.
Thing is that I like Wanni on the radio and he seems OK but I think DC was the top of his food chain. As HC you could quickly see he would become overwhelmed.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
If Jenkins is a complete bust...it could be worse
and jenkins being a bust would still have been better than if Leno had a massive heart attack on the field and died. It would be a bigger cap hit.

Playing the if game is like that. You can always one up the last person.

Just deal with the knowns (Leno & Massie were not very good and were expensive) and let the unknowns play out. Yes, Jenkins could be a complete bust or he could be a complete stud. The reality will probably end up somewhere in the middle, meaning, at worst, the same as Leno and Massie but cheaper.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
In my opinion, 100%...

Only the Bears.

WTF?

Only the Bears.

I dont understand.

Please post a link to Jenkins saying he has only ever gone to his right ever since pee wee football, seeing that he played some LT in college and he stated that he is capable of playing both tackle positions and guard positions and he has even trained at center this offseason.