Laurence Holmes: Locker room already lost

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
They have carried the team the last 3 years the majority of the time. Also Fuller shouldn't be a decision when he has played well and one of our best players
It's a decision when they've managed to make his cap hit 20 million. He isn't worth that, so if they weren't able to extend him, he had to be moved unfortunately

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Hicks and Fuller are not All-Pros. That window has closed. Financially it made sense to cut Hicks as he has declining play and has become somewhat injury prone. Sucks to lose Fuller but even he wasnt without his flaws. I'd rather have got picks for them but seems like no one was willing to give up even a late rounder
even if they are not all pro level ATM they are still pro bowl and have far more pedigree than andy dalton. that’s just ridiculous. if you were willing to package all those picks for wilson you should have add on an additional pick or 2 and grab a QB in the top 5. The players are not stupid this is a joke and they have a right to be upset.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
If Holmes came out and said the lock room is excited about Dalton and the direction of the Bears, you’d be first in line to set it in stone.

dumbass Ryan pace fanboy. You’re either doing a bit or Special person. Which is it? I’m guessing big time Special person. Like locked in a cage in the basement type. The kind that makes a parent ashamed. Like hide the mirrors and move in the middle of nowhere because you’d bring shame to your family type. The type of baby that would be thrown off the highest mountain top back in 82 BC.
You have anger issues.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
even if they are not all pro level ATM they are still pro bowl and have far more pedigree than andy dalton. that’s just ridiculous. if you were willing to package all those picks for wilson you should have add on an additional pick or 2 and grab a QB in the top 5. The players are not stupid this is a joke and they have a right to be upset.

Sounds like a bunch of babies to me. Good riddance then.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
babies? maybe they want to win and see how incompetent the man at top is. you’ve never had a truly incompetent boss that lowered the moral of the employees.

Sounds like weak men

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
wait did someone really say that?

FULL CONTEXT

On the flip side, a while ago I looked at box scores from when Tucker was here. In more than 60% of the games, the "D" was holding their opponents to around less than 2Tds in the first half of those games (without much help from the "O".)

Did Tucker"D" start giving more points in 2nd half of games?....YES. Today our "D" can hold opposing teams points down for most of the game without help from the "O".

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, how is that better?

Our 2013 O was ranked 2nd in points and 8th in yards (382 per game) while the D was ranked 30th for both. Bears also ran 1828 yards, plenty of yards for a pass oriented O and dead mid pack while they were moving the chains at a 4.5 YPC clip. Problem is opponents ran for 2583. That's more than any team managed to run on O that year and over 400 more than 2nd worst. The only reason the d couldn't get off the field was because the d couldn't get off the field.

The 2013 O set team records for yards and points. Problem is that the D did the same but in the negative sense. In fact, they gave up the 1st and 2nd most points in Bears history under Tucker. To do that in a year when the O was best ever is, lets call it, special.

The disarray of the following year doesn't excuse anything.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Mel tucker sucked? CCS this past season told me he was great.

I don’t know if the word great was used but people were so down on Pagano that they pretended like Mel Tucker was the answer.

Short memories.
-----------------------------------------------

run and shoot said:

On the flip side, a while ago I looked at box scores from when Tucker was here. In more than 60% of the games, the "D" was holding their opponents to around less than 2Tds in the first half of those games (without much help from the "O".)

So first off. Ya used what Anytime23 and tardigrade were discussing to misrepresent me by pulling some old quote out of context. You won't admit it and don't have admit it, cuz it's here for ppl to see.

FULL ACCURATE CONTEXT below.......

Did Tucker"D" start giving more points in 2nd half of games?....YES. Today our "D" can hold opposing teams points down for most of the game without help from the "O".

Note: the above was from a yr ago
Ok so no where here did I say or imply Tucker was " GREAT" right ????

Now where I was going was to point out Tuckers D seem to hold teams in the 1st half, but imploded in the 2nd half. This seemed to be true in 2014 based on box scores. I'm not gonna waste time putting all b-scores in. I remember mentioning it here a while ago
Points For: 319 (19.9/g) 23rd of 32
Points Against: 442 (27.6/g) 31st of 32

Bottom line, make sure to keep things in the proper context vs yanking out one sentence and running with it.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You’ve quoted me three times now on this. I just asked a question so wag your finger somewhere else SIR

Visionman

Liked Posts:
what are these players supposedly upset about? That Pace didn’t offer all of them as part of the deal to get Wilson here? Maybe he should have...

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
at this point watching the bears feels like youre the girlfriend whos man beats you up and you look like a clown thinking hes gonna change
only to get beat up again and again
fuck the Bears

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You’ve quoted me three times now on this. I just asked a question so wag your finger somewhere else SIR

Are u talking to me? Or not? Thanks

This is focused on bearly. I'm just showing the discussion u were having with Anytime23 to put it all in context for bearly. So NO there's no "finger wagging". Bearly is the one to put me in this discussion.

Last edited: