Lavine agrees 4 yr 78 million with Kings (Bulls to match)

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Did people really expect them not to match? Otherwise you traded Butler straight up for Markkanen and Dunn. Way too early to not see out whether Lavine improves or not.

The trade is in the past and a sunk cost, it should not impact the ZL contract decision and analysis in any way other than to save face with meatball reasoning.

The decision to sign or not stands alone.

That said, I don’t think it ultimately matters whether they signed him or not, the team isn’t a contender with or without him.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The trade is in the past and a sunk cost, it should not impact the ZL contract decision and analysis in any way other than to save face with meatball reasoning.

The decision to sign or not stands alone.

That said, I don’t think it ultimately matters whether they signed him or not, the team isn’t a contender with or without him.

It does. It allocates cap space that could be used to get a big fish. We all know the bulls never get those so I guess your right. it really doesn't matter.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Are we going to be saying the same in 2 years when Markannen gets maxed?
If Lavine puts in the work, his contract will look like a bargain.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
I think its still would have been the best bulls could have done. Not sure why lavine is the central piece in the trade.

Lavine is a proven scorer and has elite athleticism. He was a known quantity.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It does. It allocates cap space that could be used to get a big fish. We all know the bulls never get those so I guess your right. it really doesn't matter.

The last few big fish we landed were Ben Wallace and Carlos boozer lol. I don’t think garpax can land a big fish it’s too weird of an organization

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This franchise is a joke. LaVine is a one trick pony that isn't efficient and can't play D. At least we get some highlight dunks in blowout losses!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
there was some guy on the radio this morning praising our organization for the injury clause. If Sacramento did not put that clause in, he would have signed there. Why do these "experts" never understand the facts. Restricted players negotiate with other teams, all the current team can do is match any offer. Sacramento just did us a huge favor.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Nice to see the Kings do the work to put the injury terminology in the contract. I guess thats why Garpax was waiting for a competent front office to draw up the contract, even thought I am sure Paxson will get credit for it. Same deal with the bears and Kyle fuller, let the offering team do the work I guess.

I was just wondering if the Packers front office did the Lavine contract

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
This franchise is a joke. LaVine is a one trick pony that isn't efficient and can't play D. At least we get some highlight dunks in blowout losses!

I wonder if OKC felt the same way about James Harden. The parallels between LaVine and Harden are striking. Harden was a 6th man who was a non defender. OKC let him walk over $4 million.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I don't see the big deal here. I doubt they are able to sign a good FA next year as Butler and Irving have almost 0 chance coming here. And by year two of this deal the Bulls should be able to do 2 max deals still.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
You're kidding right? They are nothing alike.

You did not answer the question. Nobody thought of him as a future MVP when he was third fiddle at OKC. And he is no defensive stopper either. I agree LaVine is way more athletic, so you got me there.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
You did not answer the question. Nobody thought of him as a future MVP when he was third fiddle at OKC. And he is no defensive stopper either. I agree LaVine is way more athletic, so you got me there.

I think very many people thought he was a good player. Lavine is not as highly regarded as harden was. And the problem with okc was they already had westbrook and kd and didnt want to go in to cap hell. They didnt think he was a bad player.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
I think very many people thought he was a good player. Lavine is not as highly regarded as harden was. And the problem with okc was they already had westbrook and kd and didnt want to go in to cap hell. They didnt think he was a bad player.

OKC just made the Finals in Hardens last years. OKC cheaped out and let him walk over $4 million total. Harden's stats and Lavines stats in Minn were very comparable. The only difference was Lavine got hurt.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Not to mention LaVine is nowhere as efficient as Harden was, LaVine is around 14 in PER in his career. Harden was around 18 by this point in his career and was ascending. LaVine has plateaued. Its not a legit comparison by any means. Harden was putting up great stats on a good team while LaVine has put up padded stats on atrocious teams. And has a knee that is fragile as well.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bulls fans, more than fans of any other Chicago teams, tend to really over value players on the team.

Perhaps in hindsight this would have never happened, but I remember the Kobe to the Bulls things where people would never give up Luol Deng for Kobe.