Lavine agrees 4 yr 78 million with Kings (Bulls to match)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I don't see the big deal here. I doubt they are able to sign a good FA next year as Butler and Irving have almost 0 chance coming here. And by year two of this deal the Bulls should be able to do 2 max deals still.

Nobody wants to come here. You need to invest in your controlled players and hope they stay. This was a bridge for Lavine to stay. If it does not work out, dont you think there will be a half dozen teams willing to give up picks to get Levine for 18 million, when the league max superstars are making 40?

I guess we see what happens if Lavine and Dunn start talking about how bad a coach Hoiberg is.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just a move that soaks up cap space. Doesn't help us either way because we're not getting any stud FAs in their prime. Even if Lavine just ends up being a 18-20ppg player that plays no defense, that's still someone who can actually score on this sorry team.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lavine is 23 years old and has potential. The Bulls weren't winning shit with or without him and I don't think this decision hampers the potential of signing a big name in the next couple of summers (not that it's happening anyway).. The NBA is trash right now and the East is trash too.

Cant wait for the next deal, 5 years 250 million probably.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
You dont know what LaVine will be.I know you dont let assets walk away for nothing. Thats bad business.

Lol. Each NBA player is an asset with an intrinsic, subjective, and objective value. Bad business is overpaying for an asset, you may not have much life experience in this realm.

Arguing that we don't know what Lavine will be - while false on its face - also does not support your assertion that he belongs in the same sentence as James Harden.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Lol. Each NBA player is an asset with an intrinsic, subjective, and objective value. Bad business is overpaying for an asset, you may not have much life experience in this realm.

Arguing that we don't know what Lavine will be - while false on its face - also does not support your assertion that he belongs in the same sentence as James Harden.

Nobody looked at James Harden as a future MVP when he left the Thunder. He was a 6th man who doesnt play D. You dont know what LaVine will ultimately be. We will see.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I think if Lavine doesn't get off to a fast start the fans could turn on him quickly.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
People are going to be focused on WCJ,

None of this matters. It's a reassessment period. Yes, yet another one, but you can't just skip it and run off assumptions.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I read something somewhere that said Lavine was upset that he had to sign the deal with Sacramento in the first place and the Bulls didn't offer him the contract outright. But...isn't that what every team does with their RFAs? I mean, just look at Houston and Capela.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I read something somewhere that said Lavine was upset that he had to sign the deal with Sacramento in the first place and the Bulls didn't offer him the contract outright. But...isn't that what every team does with their RFAs? I mean, just look at Houston and Capela.

Was he planning on giving the team some kind of discount? I doubt it.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Was he planning on giving the team some kind of discount? I doubt it.

I bet he had the Gordon 84 million deal on his mind. He also would have had it fully guaranteed without Sacramento putting the injury terminology in the deal.

I am sure he could have just not listened to sacramento either or not taken the meeting. Its business, he should be concentrating on the real money getting a shoe deal.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I bet he had the Gordon 84 million deal on his mind. He also would have had it fully guaranteed without Sacramento putting the injury terminology in the deal.

I am sure he could have just not listened to sacramento either or not taken the meeting. Its business, he should be concentrating on the real money getting a shoe deal.

I actually do believe he feels like he should have gotten a contract without the injury clause, and that is what he's really bitching about. None of which benefits the Bulls or really himself if he *wants* to win something more than a slam dunk contest. The winning part is debatable, but really, what is not, is that Zach was paid over his valuation at this point and time and he doesn't need to buy a new house where the housing market is absolute shit.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually do believe he feels like he should have gotten a contract without the injury clause, and that is what he's really bitching about. None of which benefits the Bulls or really himself if he *wants* to win something more than a slam dunk contest. The winning part is debatable, but really, what is not, is that Zach was paid over his valuation at this point and time and he doesn't need to buy a new house where the housing market is absolute shit.
He probably didn't want the injury clause, but that's what the Bulls gained by letting him sign an offer somewhere else...shows what the market feels about him. Market value says he's worth 20M a year with an injury clause I guess. And again I point back to Capela and the Rockets...Rockets are more than happy to just match whatever offer Capela gets, probably on the off chance that some team offers him less than they were willing to pay outright.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I wonder if the bulls could have got something back for him. The got a haul for eddy curry when he was a RFA.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I wonder if the bulls could have got something back for him. The got a haul for eddy curry when he was a RA.

No Isiah Thomas to rip off.

Though i do want to know what happened to that Paxson. He ripped off the Suns for Deng that previous summer. He gave them cash and a 2005 pick that ended up being in the 20's.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Thats why I originally compared his deal to what Gordon got at 84, so I guess I cannot say I know what the injury clause is, but from where I am sitting it looks like 6 million less than the closest slam dunk champ got without having to do the work of getting a contract signed.

The contract cant be 78 with the injury clause, so how many tens of millions will be lost? Will he get 8 million a year if he gets hurt again? You gotta wonder what happens to his style of play if an injury is going to cost him 40 million dollars.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
No Isiah Thomas to rip off.

Though i do want to know what happened to that Paxson. He ripped off the Suns for Deng that previous summer. He gave them cash and a 2005 pick that ended up being in the 20's.

He really didnt rip the suns off. The suns inaccurately predicted that the bulls would be bad the next year. They lost the bet. I guess in hindsight it looks bad but not and bad as pax ripping of isiah in the EC trade and or pritchard ripping of pax in the lamarcus aldridge trade which was obvious when the trade was made.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I just hope they did it because they believe in the guy and not because they wanted to win the JB trade.