Lavine agrees 4 yr 78 million with Kings (Bulls to match)

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
I think a lot of guys would put numbers in Houston's offense. A better comparison is Victor Oladipo. Very similar career stats. Same with Aaron Gordon. LaVine could take a similar leap.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Bulls fans, more than fans of any other Chicago teams, tend to really over value players on the team.

Perhaps in hindsight this would have never happened, but I remember the Kobe to the Bulls things where people would never give up Luol Deng for Kobe.

If i remember correctly it was kobe that vetoed any trade that included deng. He didnt want to go to a decimated team.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If i remember correctly it was kobe that vetoed any trade that included deng. He didnt want to go to a decimated team.

Good lord this message board today...

Maybe I'm just tired today.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think a lot of guys would put numbers in Houston's offense. A better comparison is Victor Oladipo. Very similar career stats. Same with Aaron Gordon. LaVine could take a similar leap.

Victor oladipo plays defense so no its not a similar comparison.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Victor oladipo plays defense so no its not a similar comparison.

You are the one who brought up PER with James Harden because we both know he doesnt guard a fly. Dont hide behind D with Oladipo because of similar PERs. Lavine is too young and athletic to pigeonhole and write off. Besides, nobody guarded in Minn before Thibs . Defense is a team effort anyway. I suspect everyone's PER and D will improve with Carter and Dunn in the mix.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Good lord this message board today...

Maybe I'm just tired today.

I can't attest to what fans wanted, but he is right about Kobe not wanting to come if Deng was included (and Lakers weren't gonna do a deal without Lu). Truth is Kobe used us as leverage to get what he wanted in LA.

If push came to shove, a deal may have gotten done. However Ex-Laker Player/GM Jerry West gives them Pau Gasol for what was essentially nothing at the time. Kobe got what he wanted and the Chicago thing was dead.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Lavine is 23 years old and has potential. The Bulls weren't winning shit with or without him and I don't think this decision hampers the potential of signing a big name in the next couple of summers (not that it's happening anyway).. The NBA is trash right now and the East is trash too.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
You are the one who brought up PER with James Harden because we both know he doesnt guard a fly. Dont hide behind D with Oladipo because of similar PERs. Lavine is too young and athletic to pigeonhole and write off. Besides, nobody guarded in Minn before Thibs . Defense is a team effort anyway. I suspect everyone's PER and D will improve with Carter and Dunn in the mix.

Just...stop. Lavine and Harden are not in the same constellation, you sound like a fanboy.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LaVine never played defense in college. Oladipo did.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A simple google search would have avoided you looking like an idiot.

http://www.espn.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=Deng_Bryant

Moron, my point wasn't that Kobe would have vetoed the trade because Deng would have been part of it. My point was Bulls fans overrated guys like Deng saying that he shouldn't have been included because they felt that you can't trade Luol Deng.

Has nothing to do with Kobe, has everything to do with Bulls fans.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Just...stop. Lavine and Harden are not in the same constellation, you sound like a fanboy.

You dont know what LaVine will be.I know you dont let assets walk away for nothing. Thats bad business.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Moron, my point wasn't that Kobe would have vetoed the trade because Deng would have been part of it. My point was Bulls fans overrated guys like Deng saying that he shouldn't have been included because they felt that you can't trade Luol Deng.

Has nothing to do with Kobe, has everything to do with Bulls fans.

Actually it had nothing to do with bulls fan. The fact is bulls included deng in a trade and kobe vetoed it. It really doesn't matter what fans think. Garpax was willing to make the trade and it didn't happen because deng was included. You are making it seem like fans blocked a trade for kobe when it isn't the case.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Actually it had nothing to do with bulls fan. The fact is bulls included deng in a trade and kobe vetoed it. It really doesn't matter what fans think. Garpax was willing to make the trade and it didn't happen because deng was included. You are making it seem like fans blocked a trade for kobe when it isn't the case.

Dear God.....

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I can't attest to what fans wanted, but he is right about Kobe not wanting to come if Deng was included (and Lakers weren't gonna do a deal without Lu). Truth is Kobe used us as leverage to get what he wanted in LA.

If push came to shove, a deal may have gotten done. However Ex-Laker Player/GM Jerry West gives them Pau Gasol for what was essentially nothing at the time. Kobe got what he wanted and the Chicago thing was dead.

I think kobe was really enamored with the bulls. Deng was just the big sticking point. Lakers wanted deng and kobe wanted to play with him. Contrary to popular belief the bulls were not the ones not willing to trade deng. They offered a package with deng and it was vetoed by kobe.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bulls fans, more than fans of any other Chicago teams, tend to really over value players on the team.

Perhaps in hindsight this would have never happened, but I remember the Kobe to the Bulls things where people would never give up Luol Deng for Kobe Bryant

^^^^^^^^^^