LeBron called Rose after loss

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
TheStig wrote:
I don't like it any more than you do. But Deng is what we've got, and he's better than some min contract scrub, so he'll get minutes.

See we're talking in circles here. You think that Deng is a bad fit or Kirk is overpaid makes Gordon the right choice. As I've said several times, I would have let both Deng and Gordon walk then dumped Kirk, so the badness of Deng or Kirk doesn't sway me one bit when it comes to Gordon.
No, I just think BG is a good sg that fits with the other two better than Kirk. I think you tolerate Deng in that situation till he is tradeable or you can at least get a big on a bloated deal instead.
Well he certainly wasn't a PG, which is what I was saying about not starting three primary scorers at the 1/2/3.
He wasn't a pg but Pippen did play point forward and set up the offense ;)

But seriously the point was that you can have your primary scorers be primarily perimeter guys and succeed. Its also important to note that the pg on those teams was the 5th scorer behind luc longley.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
No, I just think BG is a good sg that fits with the other two better than Kirk. I think you tolerate Deng in that situation till he is tradeable or you can at least get a big on a bloated deal instead.

Well I'd take Kirk just because he's got 2 years left so next off season we could look to pick up a big with his expiring, and in the mean time I think he can do passably at SG. As far as Deng vs Gordon, I'm not arguing that Gordon isn't a better fit than Deng (duh, Deng plays LeBron's position). I think Gordon is a pretty good fit, but given we'd only need the SG to be a spot up shooter, we could get that for the MLE in 2011.

But seriously the point was that you can have your primary scorers be primarily perimeter guys and succeed. Its also important to note that the pg on those teams was the 5th scorer behind luc longley.

As much as I think LeBron is great, whether he has the sort of game that MJ had to make that work I don't know. Being a better version of the Kidd/Carter/Jefferson Nets scares me. Especially that the Nets were better off with KMart than Carter, which seems relevant here.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
Well I'd take Kirk just because he's got 2 years left so next off season we could look to pick up a big with his expiring, and in the mean time I think he can do passably at SG. As far as Deng vs Gordon, I'm not arguing that Gordon isn't a better fit than Deng (duh, Deng plays LeBron's position). I think Gordon is a pretty good fit, but given we'd only need the SG to be a spot up shooter, we could get that for the MLE in 2011.
I just think he would be a great fit with that group and I would do whatever I could to try to get troy murphey in a 3 way for that group. I'm sure with a pick we could get that done. Maybe a 1st and Deng to Minny, Cap space to Indy and Murphy to Chicago.

As much as I think LeBron is great, whether he has the sort of game that MJ had to make that work I don't know. Being a better version of the Kidd/Carter/Jefferson Nets scares me. Especially that the Nets were better off with KMart than Carter, which seems relevant here.[/quote]
I don't think we;d have that problem, Bron is much better than anyone on that NJ team, Rose will probably be as valuable as Kidd and Noah and Gibson are better than Kristic and scrub.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Murphy is OK, I think he's be a decent option if we can get him, getting someone to take on Deng's contract might be the problem. Can't see a small market team like Minny taking him on.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I would love a front court player to be the 2nd or 3rd scorer. The question is did they have to be and could it work. We aren't talking about BG vs Bosh here. Stop with the BG defensive liability crap. In his last year here, point out some guys who lit him up? I will point out more that had bad games against him. He isn't the epitome of feistyness but he isn't a liability. Rose is worse defensively at this point. You don't want to dump him do you?

Well, VDN didn't trust BG much against Allen did he? And if he is so decent defensively, why sub him out in between plays? What sense does that make if he was half as good as you think he was...and "feistyness" is not a word, yet you have burned the damn non-word up...give me a break with that crap. You are either good or you ain't, BG ain't! He has been subbed out defensively his whole career like that...that is very unusual if he is able to hold his own defensively.

Rose is a better player than BG already. In a couple of years, he will be far superior, not even in the same galaxy. If Rose and BG play together and Rose is not good defensively, it would make sense to pair him with a player in the backcourt that can at least hold his own on the defensive end. I mean someone like J.R. Smith comes to mind, can give you 15ppg, plays decent defensively (won't get subbed out)...and can score in bunches pretty much like Gordon, and I would rather have Smith at 5mil than Gordon at 12mil. That is my point...

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
TheStig wrote:
No he wouldn't, both Rose and Bron prefer to set up team mates. He'd probably put up about 18ppg. He isn't playing with Kobe and would get about 15 shots per game, not to mention his efficency would go up. I doubt he wouldn't get shots being the only perimeter threat and having non offensive minded bigs like Noah and Gibson.

15 shots a game is more than Ben Gordon's career average, and that was mostly playing on some pretty bad offensive teams. You're telling me playing next to 2 all-stars he's going to get more shots than his career average?

You do realise despite being willing passers that LeBron took 20 shots a game and Rose 17.6 this year. Given the entire Bulls team took 83, that's 45% of the team's shots gone already. There's simply not enough shots to go around for Gordon to take 15, unless the front court and bench is never going to touch the ball.

parker got a lot better while playing next to lebron.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Why they have cap space and desperately need a wing. With how decent of a contract and player everyone here makes him out to be, there should be plenty of takers. When you have Noah at C, Bron, Rose and BG, you don't need your pf to do anything but stretch the floor and rebound. Murphy does both of those well and will come cheap.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Why they have cap space and desperately need a wing. With how decent of a contract and player everyone here makes him out to be, there should be plenty of takers. When you have Noah at C, Bron, Rose and BG, you don't need your pf to do anything but stretch the floor and rebound. Murphy does both of those well and will come cheap

Getting Murphy doesn't justify paying BG 9mil+ to spread the floor and take an occasional jumpshot, and not give you much defensively...that makes no sense...

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Why they have cap space and desperately need a wing.

They've also lost money 5 out of the last 6 years.