Lester blowing it for the A's

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
LOL one bad game and Jon Lester isn't a good pitcher anymore? Last season his ERA was 1.56 combined for all of his playoff appearances. But yeah, he isn't one of the best pitcher in baseball so, whatever.

He's a bad playoff pitcher? The Cubs have to get to the playoffs first in order to see what he'll have in the tank. He will DEFINITELY improve the pitching rotation for the Cubs. Right now I don't know if the Cubs are a playoff team, Lester will only make the playoffs chances better.

For the 100th time, nobody is arguing he's a bad pitcher. I'm arguing he isn't worth what he will command on the free market. You guys need to get that through your skulls.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I've said he is worth 130 mil tops. Max should be the only one getting 200 mil plus.

If the Cubs were planning to spend 200 mil then they should be dealing with Boras then also get him to ok a 7 year deal with Bryant so he can play opening day while giving Arrieta a 7 year deal which covers his arb1-3 years.

Will that happen...good luck...

So in reality paying 130 mil for Lester is very realistic.

ChicagoBornCalifLiving

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why this is so hard for you and others to understand? Lester gave up 6 FUCKING RUNS. Had he pitched better, and that's what he's paid to do, Oakland wins that game. People seem to want blame the relief guys even though on a combined basis, they performed better than Lester.

Lester pitched like SHIT! Do you understand that part of the equation? Just because his team was winning doesn't mean it's not his fault they lost. The offense having a great night DOES NOT absolve Lester of pitching like shit.

Wow, just wow.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the 100th time, nobody is arguing he's a bad pitcher. I'm arguing he isn't worth what he will command on the free market. You guys need to get that through your skulls.

can you do my taxes for me?

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Wow, just wow.

I'm not sure what you're wowing about. If Oakland had led 20-19 when Lester came out, and the relief crew gives up 3 runs over the next 5 innings, would you seriously blame the relief pitchers? LMAO please say yes so everyone will know you're a Special person.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Nah. Blame Miggy. He just hit a solo shot. He should have been smart enough to wait until someone was on base to hit one.

LOL Miggy. .236 average in his last 3 ALDS. I guess that's worth $292 million.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Just another strawman on your part. You aren't even a very good troll. At least Rory was funny occasionally.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
And he'll go down as never having won the World Series because of that beautiful .236 BA.
Wrongful analysis. Just plain bad. #1 reason is that he has a ring. #2 reason is the following-

4 ALDS .241
1 NLDS .286
1 NLCS .333
3 ALCS .328
2 WS .189

This current ALDS - .333

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And he'll go down as never having won the World Series because of that beautiful .236 BA.

You do know he is 31. Lol, he has a 4 to 5 year stretch that can challenge any of the greats. You are either lonely and looking for attention or got off your meds recently.

Edit: I wasnt going to say he has a ring so you can keep going on with this but people spoiled it. lol

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You do know he is 31. Lol, he has a 4 to 5 year stretch that can challenge any of the greats. You are either lonely and looking for attention or got off your meds recently.

Edit: I wasnt going to say he has a ring so you can keep going on with this but people spoiled it. lol
We should have kept going with it and blamed it on Kate Upton. :D

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Ahh there is the Miggy we know and love getting blown up at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.