Let's clear up the trade right now

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
No, because the Niners don't get Thomas at 12. With the trade to the Bears, they get free picks and still get their number 1 player. How do you not see this???

Again, no one knew SF wanted Thomas that much. Like no one knew Pace wanted MT that much. In fact, most people were saying SF would take Adams today, and the Bears would take Thomas.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
And also, I believe Pace broke some GM codes by faking a trade down to gather information. We may have just alienated ourselves from 1/3 of the league as well.

Lol. Where has this "code" ever been stated or implied?

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
The thing is you either sit around waiting for the stars to align and you get lucky/are bad enough in the right year or you over pay. That's the price of doing business. The price is honestly inconsequential to me because two #3's and a #4 isn't really a big deal. The important question is whether or not Mitchell is "the guy." Kiper suggested he had a good shot at going #1 overall next year had he stayed in school. So, the way I look at it is this, the price in the past to go from #3 to #1 in a year with a #1 overall type QB has been multiple #1 picks. Rams got 3 for RG3 plus several other picks. If Mitchell is "the guy" then that price is honestly very reasonable. Compare the cost of this to the cost for Cutler.

Now if you don't think Mitchell is "the guy" that's a fine point. Not sure we'll know here for awhile. But teams without franchise QB's are going to remain without a rudder. So whether you pay it now for Mitchell or pay it later for some other guy you are gonna pay.
I'm fine with the notion that had Trib stayed in school ... he may well have been at the top of the expected QB draft class. But ... that's the issue with one year wonders... he may have also degressed... that's the part which worry me. But other wise I thought he was the #1 QB this year... didn't think we would or should get him though... but we do so I'm behind him.

What I don't like is that the Bears are a depth starved team.... a large part of the poor record this year was lack of depth when injuries came into play. Those 3rd and 4th round players are potential starters but definitely players toward solid depth

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Technically.... it cost a 1st, a 3rd, a 4th and a 3rd from next year. Cutler was like trading a up with a 1st and the next years 1st (since he was traded on a non draft day.

I think you just divided by zero.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubs has to be so much better than every other QB in this draft that could have been taken at better value to ever justify throwing 3 picks away.

Its entirely possible fournette goes #2 if we don't jump into it. Don't rule out collusion either, meaning Lynch has some connections and asks them to pressure Pace with some fake calls...scaring him into trading up.

You gotta have some fucking balls and just sit there, and not move up one fucking spot!!!

Of course I am mad too because I have just been a huge Fedora fan for 3 years. That is the most fun offense to watch in college. It existed before Trubs, it will exist after Trubs.

And I'm just praying we didn't not only fuck up the QB selection, but chuck 3 extra picks in the burner for no reason.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
thanks for the updates. just asking what's the source channel yo're watching?

I got an alert on my phone from the Bears app that Pace was going to address the media. Clicked on it, and it brought me right to it.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love what I'm hearing from Pace about having Mitch raised the right way. Sit him 2 years if you need to, who cares. The beauty of having Glennon now looks pure genius. Fox has his guy to try and win with now and Pace has been assured of his security by the McCaskey's so should not rush Mitch.

I could careless if the Bears are a bottom 5 team again this year and still don't start Trubisky. Remember, Aaron Rodgers would not have been who he is if he was pushed to start year 1.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Also to the knee jerkers we still have

2nd round pick
4th round pick

so we don't have a 3rd thus far. We can still trade down in the second to pick up a third if we really want one. I have no problem giving up 2 thirds for a shot at who they believe is a game changing qb. Next year there will be three good qb's and all will go top three. If we didn't get a top 3 pick we'd be SOL. I think injuries are the reason we won 3 games last year. With any sort of health and decent luck we wont be picking in the top 6.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also to the knee jerkers we still have

2nd round pick
4th round pick

so we don't have a 3rd thus far. We can still trade down in the second to pick up a third if we really want one. I have no problem giving up 2 thirds for a shot at who they believe is a game changing qb. Next year there will be three good qb's and all will go top three. If we didn't get a top 3 pick we'd be SOL. I think injuries are the reason we won 3 games last year. With any sort of health and decent luck we wont be picking in the top 6.

3 or less in 2017. Bears are a complete circus. He can talk all he wants, but when Glennon is injured, the bears are 0-8, Fox is fired, his seat is hot, and ownership is demanding to see Trubs the second half of the season...he'll be thrown to the fire and roasted by the media and ownership will panic, Trubs will be a basketcase before he ever talks to a competent coach, and they fire Pace prematurely...bring in a new regime and he isn't their guy.

Daaaaa Bears.

giphy.gif

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol. Where has this "code" ever been stated or implied?

Every GM lies this time of the year. Its poker. You never show your hand. Might be one of the dumbest comments I have read on here (the comment you were replying to).

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm fine with the notion that had Trib stayed in school ... he may well have been at the top of the expected QB draft class. But ... that's the issue with one year wonders... he may have also degressed... that's the part which worry me. But other wise I thought he was the #1 QB this year... didn't think we would or should get him though... but we do so I'm behind him.

What I don't like is that the Bears are a depth starved team.... a large part of the poor record this year was lack of depth when injuries came into play. Those 3rd and 4th round players are potential starters but definitely players toward solid depth

I mean here's the thing... bears are probably going to be bad again in 2017. If they are and if Mitch is "the guy" you are then likely in a good position to trade down next year. So while I get the argument of building a deep team, the problem with that is you often end up with a 8-8 team with good players but no QB. To win long term you gotta get the QB right. Like I said if people don't think Mitch is the guy that's fine. It's probably an interesting debate but from my stand point I really don't care about depth until they get QB right otherwise you just end up in the situation the Lovie era bears often were. Good enough to be competitive but with no cornerstone offensive player.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I mean here's the thing... bears are probably going to be bad again in 2017. If they are and if Mitch is "the guy" you are then likely in a good position to trade down next year. So while I get the argument of building a deep team, the problem with that is you often end up with a 8-8 team with good players but no QB. To win long term you gotta get the QB right. Like I said if people don't think Mitch is the guy that's fine. It's probably an interesting debate but from my stand point I really don't care about depth until they get QB right otherwise you just end up in the situation the Lovie era bears often were. Good enough to be competitive but with no cornerstone offensive player.

Agreed. You take your swing. Posters and fans can rip on it if they want. Back the guy until he's proving not to be a 1st round pick. Then jeer the guy out of town. FFS, 8 years of Cutler, but this fanbase gets divided over who the fuck replaces him. It's an anomaly.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agreed. You take your swing. Posters and fans can rip on it if they want. Back the guy until he's proving not to be a 1st round pick. Then jeer the guy out of town. FFS, 8 years of Cutler, but this fanbase gets divided over who the fuck replaces him. It's an anomaly.

Did you expect anything less?

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Trubs has to be so much better than every other QB in this draft that could have been taken at better value to ever justify throwing 3 picks away.

Its entirely possible fournette goes #2 if we don't jump into it. Don't rule out collusion either, meaning Lynch has some connections and asks them to pressure Pace with some fake calls...scaring him into trading up.

You gotta have some fucking balls and just sit there, and not move up one fucking spot!!!

Of course I am mad too because I have just been a huge Fedora fan for 3 years. That is the most fun offense to watch in college. It existed before Trubs, it will exist after Trubs.

And I'm just praying we didn't not only fuck up the QB selection, but chuck 3 extra picks in the burner for no reason.

ANNND it's gone. See my post about this bi-polar fan base.

I fucking agreed with you at first. Use green font if you want to be sarcastic.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And also, I believe Pace broke some GM codes by faking a trade down to gather information. We may have just alienated ourselves from 1/3 of the league as well.
Followed by...

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And two #1's were not offered to Lynch.

I'm telling you its a bluff that Pace needed to call.

That there was a buyer with such a massive offer to make a 10 or 6 or whatever pick jump. The cost would have been prohibitive.

This is exactly why i question the move, who would pay that huge price to jump all those positions to get him? We're talking about Mitch Trubisky not Andrew Luck

MrOuija

Liked Posts:

BS you said just the other day that you though Watson was AT #36, and a few days before that you were going on about "Peterson" and Kizer. Your story changes each time you tell it.