Let's clear up the trade right now

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Tribs stayed in school, he could have the exact same year he just had, and get be the third QB taken in 2018.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
We had top picks in the deepest draft in recent memory and the bears traded picks....
how can you justify this fuckery?
Because the QB position far out stretches any other position. You have to get the QB right first and foremost, if you want to win.

You're bitching about a Grassu, a Deon Bush, and a Will Sutton.

If you don't get that, nobody can help you.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
If Tribs stayed in school, he could have the exact same year he just had, and get be the third QB taken in 2018.

Yeah like last year Watson was the projected top pick for this year. And the year before Christian Hackenberg and Connor Cook were sure fire top 5 picks.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
To go from 12 to 2, the Browns would have had to pay Lynch to lose his guy Thomas.

Unless Lynch had an offer for #12, a second, a 2018 second, A third and a fourth and maybe more....he doesn't drop to 12. It would have had to be HUUUUGEEEE!!!!

IF it was even close to that, and Lynch didn't have a hard on for Thomas...why wouldn't he take the Browns or Panthers or one of the other 6 deals?

Because he loses his guy. So he takes the Bears deal....and perhaps..just maybe...the inquiries in the 6 were for Fournette, or too risky at losing Thomas. He might have just stuck at 2 if the Bears don't just hand him 3 picks.

The Eagles moved up to 2 from 8 last year and gave up a 3, a 4, 2017 1st and 2018 2nd. So you can start with that. And add in another 2 maybe. But the Browns had the ammo to make that happen.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"The move that Chicago and San Francisco made, talk about would you like to be the recipient of one of those?" said Tom Coughlin, the Jaguars' executive vice president of football operations. "To get what you had in mind right off the bat and pick up those extra picks? Pretty nice deal. I've never seen one of those. Oh my gosh, nothing like that has ever come my way."

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
KC sure wanted another QB, and i bet Mitch was their 1st pick. Bears just offered more and the niners didn't have to go far. they got more picks and the guy they wanted at 3, and we got the guy we wanted at 2. Everyones happy, lol.