Lightfoot trying to get the Bears to stay??

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its not my business. Its not yours, either.

I'm their customer and I don't give a shit if they're worth one billion, two billion or three billion dollars. The fact you do is frankly strange, since its not like you'll ever see a dime of that money. Bootlicker mentality, many such cases.

You really think they care about what one customer prefers? Holy fuck, you are one stupid son of a bitch.

They care about what maximizes net profit.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You really think they care about what one customer prefers? Holy fuck, you are one stupid son of a bitch.

And apparently, you pointing out the obvious that they care about making money, means you care about their net worth somehow lol.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I mean... thats a totally ridiculous argument because no one is saying they're going to win more games because they moved but because you went down this hilarious path, i'll have some fun and play along.

The Vikings since opening their new stadium have won 54 games in 6 years and have made the NFCC. The 6 years prior to that they won 42 games and didn't make the NFCC. So statistics clearly show that opening a new stadium = more wins. I'm not going to look up the Lions because i dont want my computer to get cancer.

I can't believe this needs to be said but this isn't about wins. Its about revenue. It's a business. It's about being able to control your own building because they're sick of not controlling the field conditions because Miley Cyrus had a concert two nights before and decided to take a country dump on the field. And maybe they do handle football business differently with more money and a dome. Maybe players would be more likely to play somewhere where they dont have to worry about getting tackled on concrete grass 8-9 games a season. Maybe having that extra money makes it more likely that they'll eat contracts of GMs and HCs who clearly should be fired?

It's crazy that anyone would think its smarter to stay somewhere where you cant even control your own home field and you are minimizing revenue by having one of the most popular franchises in football play in the second smallest stadium in the league in one of the biggest markets in the country. Lunacy.
This is probably the only compelling reason to move, and its far outweighed by the amount of heritage they'll be sacrificing and how unbelievably secluded some anonymous suburb is compared to downtown Chicago.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

If you think I'm the only Bears fan who will be extremely dissappointed if they flee for some rural sprawl colony you are very wrong. Not everyone's primary rooting interest in the Bears is their net profit.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This feels normal.

Football is back!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If you think I'm the only Bears fan who will be extremely dissappointed if they flee for some rural sprawl colony you are very wrong. Not everyone's primary rooting interest in the Bears is their net profit.
Let me ask ya something, have you ever attended a Bears game at Soldier Field?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I agree but also believe that their pursuit of profits is entwined with the fan experience, and believe that the new stadium prospects for the fan experience will deliver for the "customers" more than what could be done and much more than what has been done with their current home field.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Let me ask ya something, have you ever attended a Bears game at Soldier Field?
Many times back when I lived in Chicago and was growing up in the city. I could picture them in a new building, but not really in a dome and certainly never in a new location. Would not be right.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I'm not sure how you deduced that my primary rooting interest is their net profit. You are special bud.

Arlington Heights is a rural area? Crazy. According to the USDA, they are not.

I'm not even going to check, but here you go! Knock yourself out.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Many times back when I lived in Chicago and was growing up in the city. I could picture them in a new building, but not really in a dome and certainly never in a new location. Would not be right.
So back when you were a child, you enjoyed the Soldier Field fan experience. I did as well. Times have changed though, have they not? The experience you had 30+ years ago is no longer accessible. Your nostalgic preferences are shared by a lot of fans I'm sure, but they'll get over it or be dead soon enough, can't keep living in the past buddy.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Bears can leave, but both the city of Chicago and the NFL will still want games played at Soldier Field. If the Bears wont do it somebody else will. Inviting this scenario where an expansion franchise moves into the actual city (the geographic center of their fanbase) and then manages to make the playoffs more than once or twice a decade is the last thing the Bears should do. At that point shorter lines for hot dogs and the honor of hosting one Super Bowl this century will seem pretty meaningless.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
So back when you were a child, you enjoyed the Soldier Field fan experience. I did as well. Times have changed though, have they not? The experience you had 30+ years ago is no longer accessible. Your nostalgic preferences are shared by a lot of fans I'm sure, but they'll get over it or be dead soon enough, can't keep living in the past buddy.
Then figure out something on the current site. Preferably where they still play outdoors, but I think I could get used to a dome. I cannot get used to them playing outside the city, and I will take the first chance I get to switch allegiances to a team who actually does play in Chicago.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

For serious.

There is so much potential for what you build around the stadium on that property to create a new & better experience. They can turn it into a NFL amusement park that you and your family can make entire day of visiting.

You know instead of trudging over a railway yard in the morning to tailgate in a designated parking lot and then trudge back out that afternoon to beautiful downtown Chicago where everything is closed on Sundays and lost a ton of businesses due to events of recent years.

As a born & bred Chicagoan, this move has all of my blessings. I love the idea of the Bears finally owning their own stadium. It's way past due and worth sacrificing the downtown location.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Then figure out something on the current site. Preferably where they still play outdoors, but I think I could get used to a dome. I cannot get used to them playing outside the city, and I will take the first chance I get to switch allegiances to a team who actually does play in Chicago.

Well that's a win in my book!
The McCaskeys are simply doing this to get you of all people to stop rooting for their franchise and shitting all over this board. 4D Chess!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Good riddance. All your thoughts are insanely stupid. Yeah some people will be upset by the bears not adhering to tradition but it isn't relevant as they would thrive in their new location. And as upsetting as it is to you, they would still be the Chicago bears just like the majority of the rest of the league that resides in suburbs still retain their city names.

Also, just to rain on your parade, even if a second team comes to Chicago, it just means there would be two thriving organizations in Chicago then. All of your wallowing is wasted as the team is moving and inevitably will have a lot of financial success in this "obscure suburb."

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There's nothing to be figured out, the Bears org wants to move, has deal in place, and will move. Highly unlikely an expansion franchise moves in to your old stadium though. Do you really believe that's a possibility?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bears can leave, but both the city of Chicago and the NFL will still want games played at Soldier Field. If the Bears wont do it somebody else will. Inviting this scenario where an expansion franchise moves into the actual city (the geographic center of their fanbase) and then manages to make the playoffs more than once or twice a decade is the last thing the Bears should do. At that point shorter lines for hot dogs and the honor of hosting one Super Bowl this century will seem pretty meaningless.

The NFL owners absolutely do not want the games to be continued in Chicago, simply moving them to a new stadium that they own & control, brings billions to the revenue sharing for all of the owners(net profit again). They would 100% prefer the rural Arlington Heights site even though the league would have to disenfranchise thousands of rednecks, cowboys, and farmers and move them off their rural ancestral lands. The long walk to the barren wasteland of Western Illinois or even the dangers of living in the mentally deficient Wisconsin area could potentially kill hundreds. The amount of Natty Light spilt on the trail could alone be an environmental calamity thus speeding up the devastating effects of climate change.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
There's nothing to be figured out, the Bears org wants to move, has deal in place, and will move. Highly unlikely an expansion franchise moves in to your old stadium though. Do you really believe that's a possibility?
Of course. The city will clamor for it, they even have the stadium ready, and the NFL will be very keen to put two franchises in a city as big and as pro football mad as Chicago. This is the same league that was fine moving two franchises to LA, a city that has never really cared about the NFL and regularly sees their two local franchises outdrawn at home games by out-of-town fans.

The time it takes for the Bears to officially break ground, finish the stadium and complete the move is more than enough for the city and league to find a new tenant for Soldier Field. The Jaguars could be moved into Soldier Field next week, and what are they really leaving behind?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Also the move is no sure thing. The Bears have pulled this stunt before and then come back to Soldier Field, something I ultimately think is probably still going to happen once the threat of moving the Jaguars (or worse, an expansion franchise) to Chicago becomes real enough.