Lions Loss was the Dagger, Time to Move on to 2023

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I agree with Flus's approach and in his decision to do what's best to build a foundation and winning culture to the practice field and in preparation.

And maybe I'm a week or two early until we are actually mathematically eliminated.

If VJJ never gets his confidence, it is what it is. But he is 25 and needs actual game reps. If the remaining games have no postseason implications, then what are we doing giving ESB and Pettis targets? The games VJJ has played in, the few times he touched the ball he looked like the most explosive playmaker we had. Who cares if he screws up.

The staff has already proved they get their feelings hurt with the whole Tevin Jenkins debacle and then proceeding to rotate him in and out.

The fact Sanborn has come in and looked miles better than Morrow, Thomas or whomever else they put at LB is telling to me. I dont thinknthe drop-off could be much more if any at all from practice squad guys.
as i said confidence is not an easy thing to rebuild if you lose it...its easy to say who cares if you screw up but not everyone thinks that way or can let it go that way, we can agree to disagree but i'd rather velus show that level of consistency in practice...if you cant do it in practice what makes you think he can do it in live reps?

as for sanborn your comparing a guy that was a stud at wisconsin and didnt get drafted due to his lack of athleticism/speed to a guy that was a DB in college who played only two full seasons and is learning a new position now...
morrow was playing out of position at MLB because of roquan and the supposed thought of him being the next leonard at WLB...morrow never played MLB for the raiders, i belive he played WLB and SLB only...

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Not the best argument considering you had to use 5 players to try and replace 1 and none of them have 200 yards receiving 10 games into the season.

Kupp just got hurt too and Stafford can't glue on to his favorite target anymore. I wouldn't be surprised of ARob has some good performances coming up
Oh, you are one fucking idiot.

I was not making an argument. I was just bringing up Robinson's numbers, which were pathetic. I then was curious if the really bad Bear receivers, not named Mooney could equal Robinson's numbers.

As for none of them having 200 yards, Robinson barely has more than 200 and he is supposed to be a #1 receiver. At least, those 5 receivers are, at best #3 receivers.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I had to look up 2018 receivers. Robinson's competition was Wims, Miller, Bellamy, and Kevin White as a glorified decoy something

I can see now why Robinson would look good for a time. but that was still 4 years ago. what has he done lately?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Oh, you are one fucking idiot.

I was not making an argument. I was just bringing up Robinson's numbers, which were pathetic. I then was curious if the really bad Bear receivers, not named Mooney could equal Robinson's numbers.

As for none of them having 200 yards, Robinson barely has more than 200 and he is supposed to be a #1 receiver. At least, those 5 receivers are, at best #3 receivers.
You literally brought up the stats of 5 WRs on the Bears roster and compared them to Robinson and said they collectively have more receptions and more yards than him. Comparing the cumulative stats of 5 dudes to 1 is dumb, yet somehow I'm the fucking idiot. Might I also add that the Rams have only played 9 games while Bears have played 10.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You literally brought up the stats of 5 WRs on the Bears roster and compared them to Robinson and said they collectively have more receptions and more yards than him. Comparing the cumulative stats of 5 dudes to 1 is dumb, yet somehow I'm the fucking idiot. Might I also add that the Rams have only played 9 games while Bears have played 10.
Yes, you are, idiot.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This might be the worst trash talking I've ever seen.

"Haha Justin Fields 8 TDs in the last 2 weeks! What an absolute LOSER OF A QB! LOL!

And the Lions are now in line to NOT draft a QB in 2023! JARED GOFF 4 LIFE!"
How many wins did you get them last two weeks spanky?
Did you forget the Lions also have the Rams #1 next year, and now an extra second too?
Plenty of ammo to move up should they decide to do it.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Did you forget the Lions also have the Rams #1 next year, and now an extra second too?
Maybe they can trade with the bears since the loser ass lions love getting the short end of NFCN trades.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Spanky...

And lol wins. Wins don't mean shit during a rebuild. You of all people should know that. Even if you are a fake Lions troll. ?

mecha

Liked Posts:
Spanky...

And lol wins. Wins don't mean shit during a rebuild. You of all people should know that. Even if you are a fake Lions troll. ?
it's true, about 8 years ago he used to discuss the Bears and even use that dirty word: "we".

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
No read the title of my post. The Lions loss was the dagger to the season. Our playoff chances are officially, mathematically, near dead. They are at 1%. Contrary to Madden philosophy, teams do try and win football ganes in hope of making the playoffs. They don't just show up and say, nope we aren't good enough to be a wildcard team, let's not try and win. They try to win, and with the schedule we had I thought it was entirely possible to win 8-9 games and be a WC team.

Additionally, It would have been nice to make the playoffs, because it means you won games when the pressure was on to win. You had guys step up and make winning plays when it mattered. For us, it would mean we are ahead of schedule and young guys were playing above expectations. That's what I was hoping and cheering for.

Losing means you aren't as good as the other team. You didn't make winning plays. Your players did not play up to expectations or were in line with low standards. I prefer this to not be the case even if it means we get a higher draft pick.

Did I simplify that down enough for you to understand?

Yes, teams in the NFL do indeed show up to the games with the goal of winning those games. Very true. And very astute too.

Look, I understand your other points about winning plays and having the experience of those winning plays but this team has SO many holes, just so many freaking holes that the other side of it, the draft picks are just more important than having a record of .500 or above, making the playoffs and getting beaten in the wild card round. And it's not even close in terms of importance.

This teams needs talent, they need 1st round draft picks and without those kinds of guys on the field, they are ultimately not going to be able to do what this city wants them to do.

It's as simple as that. Your way might create a team that can get to the playoffs but most people want more than that. It's not going to happen this year or next or the year after next but this city wants more.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The Chicago Bears do play in the NFL and like every other team, they have a mathematical chance to make the playoffs until they are officially eliminated.

And yes, I thought they would have beaten teams like the Commanders and Lions and still be in good position to get a WC spot. Easiest schedule in years. It would be a shame to think we were ever that bad of a team.
They have had the 9th toughest schedule in the NFL so far

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I had to look up 2018 receivers. Robinson's competition was Wims, Miller, Bellamy, and Kevin White as a glorified decoy something

I can see now why Robinson would look good for a time. but that was still 4 years ago. what has he done lately?
You already know that answer. Robinson is a guy who does the least amount of effort to make the most amount of money possible. Maybe he is really a future business tycoon but he sure isn't a guy to count on as a football player.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You already know that answer. Robinson is a guy who does the least amount of effort to make the most amount of money possible. Maybe he is really a future business tycoon but he sure isn't a guy to count on as a football player.
Another guy who just doesn't really pay attention to the games ^^^. Robinson was great coming here off injury, then things soured. Football is also a business for the players, idiot.

Go sit and spin and get splinters, old man.

mecha

Liked Posts:
terrible thread 1/10 (-9 points due to shitty future outlook for Chicago Bears)

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Its not that I thought the Bears were actually going to be a really good football team, but moreso that they would exceed the 3 win/bottom 5 expectations. I thought 8-9 wins were very possible and that it wouldn't take much to win with our soft schedule. Previous seasons we took care of teams like the Commanders, Giants, Lions, Falcons, Jets, Texans. So far we are 1-3 against those teams

My biggest whiff was that I thought Bears would be able to find at least one decent receiver from the assortment of guys they brought in. I thought a new scheme, playcaller, and improved Fields would make the difference in the passing game and we would be able to fill the void of Arob considering he did have a down year. But nope, the receivers have been dreadful.

Fields is putting it together, but now is too late because we didn't provide him with decent receiving help in the RZ gainst the Giants/Commanders, proceeded to lose, and then felt the need to be sellers at the trade deadline.
1) How in the hell did you ever think the Bears had a chance at 8 or 9 wins when Poles turned over 70% of the roster and replaced starters with backup talent in the hope of mining a gem or two. This was always going to be a throw away season while looking towards 2023.

2) Fill the void of Robinson?? Not following you on that one, in fact the Bears dodged a bullet there. He was bad in 2021 and he has bottomed out in 2022 even when paired with a Super Bowl QB. Robinson never was a fast WR or one who could gain much separation, and now what little speed/separation appears to be gone.

3) Still whining about not giving Fields enough help...........please, overpaying for WR help was never in the cards with the limited cap space Bears had last offseason. BTW the Poles was always going to be a seller at the trade deadline. No matter what Quinn was always going to be traded sometime this season and Poles was not willing to overpay for an off -ball LB.

mecha

Liked Posts:
1) How in the hell did you ever think the Bears had a chance at 8 or 9 wins when Poles turned over 70% of the roster and replaced starters with backup talent in the hope of mining a gem or two. This was always going to be a throw away season while looking towards 2023.

2) Fill the void of Robinson?? Not following you on that one, in fact the Bears dodged a bullet there. He was bad in 2021 and he has bottomed out in 2022 even when paired with a Super Bowl QB. Robinson never was a fast WR or one who could gain much separation, and now what little speed/separation appears to be gone.

3) Still whining about not giving Fields enough help...........please, overpaying for WR help was never in the cards with the limited cap space Bears had last offseason. BTW the Poles was always going to be a seller at the trade deadline. No matter what Quinn was always going to be traded sometime this season and Poles was not willing to overpay for an off -ball LB.
there's a collective that finds it totally inexcusable that Poles didn't buy a bunch of players from FA in a rebuild season. not only is this repeating the same level of shit Pace did from 2018 onward, it's just bad business and strategy. if you buy those FAs and their contracts come up when the rest of the team is good, you're just going to have to blow more money and constantly be in salary cap trouble. what Poles has done in less than a year will pay dividends later. if these knuckleheads had their way yeah, you'll make the playoffs like the 2020 team and it'll be a dead end that leads to nowhere good. that's when people get fired and you have to turn the whole team over again. as a Bears fan I'm fucking sick of that recurring pattern happening. people grabbing their vaginas over Eberflus being a defensive coach that literally announced he wasn't running the defense, Alan Williams is, and being butthurt the defense sucks after dealing expensive/potentially expensive good players for draft picks are missing the bigger picture here. people whining about the secondary when the front 7 are backup fodder. what the fuck is wrong with you people?