Lions Loss was the Dagger, Time to Move on to 2023

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
you're part of the half of the board that need the concept explained. about 47 times.
No, I actually was cheering for them to win and was dissappinted when they lost due to playoff hopes. Others were spinning it, not me.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
At this point the bears offense is a run offense more because of the O Line than anything else. They can't have a traditional pass offense because they can't fuckn block long enough for the plays to develop.

The offense is going to look how it does until they make some changes in FA / the draft to get better pass pro.

Secondly, the offense is scoring points. The defense can hardly make any stops. Running the ball effectively eats up time and is resulting in the best success to scoring points. There is no reason to make drastic play calling changes at this point, it doesn't make sense any way you look at it.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
any time this jackoff posts anything it's a bad take
Anytime this guy posts it's to troll threads and to play internet bully...not actually talk Bears. He just wants to derail the topic.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Anytime this guy posts it's to troll threads and to play internet bully...not actually talk Bears. He just wants to derail the topic.
are you still crying? I'm actually talking about the Bears more than most of these whiny fucktards. it's not my fault you're an imbecile child.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
And so we get to the playoffs?

Let's just say we live in a world where this happens, let's just be moronic enough to imagine that world.

Then what?

Best thing to happen to this team is for Fields grow and this defense to keep sucking. Losses are a good thing at this point.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
At this point the bears offense is a run offense more because of the O Line than anything else. They can't have a traditional pass offense because they can't fuckn block long enough for the plays to develop.

The offense is going to look how it does until they make some changes in FA / the draft to get better pass pro.

Secondly, the offense is scoring points. The defense can hardly make any stops. Running the ball effectively eats up time and is resulting in the best success to scoring points. There is no reason to make drastic play calling changes at this point, it doesn't make sense any way you look at it.
I agree with your assessment about the OLine and appreciate the football post.

I would like to see if playing more uptempo would change things though. Who cares if we go 3 and out? I'm curious to see if defenses, particularly the DLine get exhausted trying to chase Justin and then having to go after him in hurry up offense. Don't give them time to rest, sub out, and come after Justin.

I do think we have a winning formula, but we are exposing Justin by running him so much. Now that the ganes have less postseason meaning, it seems a bit excessive. I'm proposing we work on other aspects a bit more, even if they take away from our chances of winning. I think developing chemistry with Harry, Claypool, VJJ are more important fir longterm success.

mecha

Liked Posts:

Let's just say we live in a world where this happens, let's just be moronic enough to imagine that world.

Then what?

Best thing to happen to this team is for Fields grow and this defense to keep sucking. Losses are a good thing at this point.
it's not like they're experiencing demoralizing blowout losses. problem with a lot of these people is they're too emotional. stop with this "ohhh what about their FEELINGS???" bullshit

@vabearsfan15 I've supplied you with more than enough facts regarding the Chicago Bears. I have no more "football talk" to contribute to you because you wouldn't know what to do with the information anyway. you can keep crying that I'm trolling you or whatever. props to you for not calling me someone's alt at least.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If you thought the goal was to make the playoffs this season after:
Akiem Hicks was not resigned.
Khalil Mack was traded
Robert Quinn was traded
Allen Robinson was not resigned
Roquan smith was traded

I just don’t know what to tell you. Read the room man.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

Then what?

I tend to think losses are not the best thing for the longterm future of the organization. On paper it may seem that way because of a higher draft pick.

But in reality winning teams aren't built overnight due to a high draft pick. It takes years to shift the tide. Being so terrible means you are further away in the rebuild than others. It means you have more questions than answers. I'd like to be in a position where we have more questions answered. Winning means players got the job done and you have less holes to filled.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Bears might* win 2 more games this season.

5 wins could have them just outside the top 5. Being able to trade down and land a king’s ransom while already having a franchise QB on the roster is 100000000x better than winning a stupid meaningless game that gets you one step closer to winning a participation trophy in the playoffs.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I tend to think losses are not the best thing for the longterm future of the organization. On paper it may seem that way because of a higher draft pick.

But in reality winning teams aren't built overnight due to a high draft pick. It takes years to shift the tide. Being so terrible means you are further away in the rebuild than others. It means you have more questions than answers. I'd like to be in a position where we have more questions answered. Winning means players got the job done and you have less holes to filled.
I picture you wearing a tweed sport coat with elbow patches as you typed this on a Smith Corona.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If you thought the goal was to make the playoffs this season after:
Akiem Hicks was not resigned.
Khalil Mack was traded
Robert Quinn was traded
Allen Robinson was not resigned
Roquan smith was traded

I just don’t know what to tell you. Read the room man.
Akiem Hicks was oft injured and old

Robert Quinn and Smith were only recently traded

Khalil Mack resulted in Jaquan Brisker, so hope wasn't all gone. We still had Quinn who just set a Bears sack record.

ARob - didn't agree with him leaving, but everyone here said he gave up on the team. I did expect Poles to better fill the void. I hoped at least one of ESB, Harry, VJJ, Pringle, Pettis wouldn't be duds.

mecha

Liked Posts:

Khalil Mack resulted in Jaquan Brisker, so hope wasn't all gone. We still had Quinn who just set a Bears sack record.

ARob - didn't agree with him leaving, but everyone here said he gave up on the team. I did expect Poles to better fill the void. I hoped at least one of ESB, Harry, VJJ, Pringle, Pettis wouldn't be duds.
Quinn wasn't getting sacks this year. Robinson was another emotional cunt.

byproduct of Fields tearing it up is it may attract FAs to the Bears to want to play with him. it's not something that gets fixed overnight. the current starters may elevate their game (Sanborn particularly stepped up today) or they'll be competent backups. the Bears have a long game strategy they're executing here. just be patient and don't expect them to finish the year with 10 wins for your cardiovascular health.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

And the fact there was no effort made to fill any of those voids should tell you they do not or should not care about making the playoffs this season.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Bears might* win 2 more games this season.

5 wins could have them just outside the top 5. Being able to trade down and land a king’s ransom while already having a franchise QB on the roster is 100000000x better than winning a stupid meaningless game that gets you one step closer to winning a participation trophy in the playoffs.
And Bears might have a trade partner. Or they might end up being stuck drafting some guy they could have got in the mid rounds, or they might get injured, or might just be a bust.

And say we did barely make the playoffs. It would mean we had a better roster and less holes to fill than a bottom 5 team who trades back to get two players instead of one.

Plus, we have plenty of Cap space in the future. How much nicer would it be to be a wildcard team that still has ton on money to spend and their draftpicks, instead of a bottom 5 team with ton of holes and hard time recruiting free agents