Lions Loss was the Dagger, Time to Move on to 2023

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And Bears might have a trade partner. Or they might end up being stuck drafting some guy they could have got in the mid rounds, or they might get injured, or might just be a bust.

And say we did barely make the playoffs. It would mean we had a better roster and less holes to fill than a bottom 5 team who trades back to get two players instead of one.

Plus, we have plenty of Cap space in the future. How much nicer would it be to be a wildcard team that still has ton on money to spend and their draftpicks, instead of a bottom 5 team with ton of holes and hard time recruiting free agents
Rightttttt

Because the patriots, raiders, cardinals, and steeelrs are so much better off and have so many less holes by making it to the wild card last season.

Bears in 2020 really proved they had less holes by making the playoffs.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
And the fact there was no effort made to fill any of those voids should tell you they do not or should not care about making the playoffs this season.
They tried, but failed.

Ogunjobii failed physical
Signed ESB, Pringle, Pettis, VJJ, Harry, Claypool....they just haven't worked out so far
Smith and Quinn were on the roster at the start of the year.

Truth is, it took this staff too long to incorporate Fields in the run game and they failed to replace ARob adequately. This season could have easily been different.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
They tried, but failed.

Ogunjobii failed physical
Signed ESB, Pringle, Pettis, VJJ, Harry, Claypool....they just haven't worked out so far
Smith and Quinn were on the roster at the start of the year.

Truth is, it took this staff too long to incorporate Fields in the run game and they failed to replace ARob adequately. This season could have easily been different.
And they made no effort to have it play out differently. If you thought any of ESB, Pringle, Pettis, VJJ, or Harry were going to replace Robinson I have some snake oil to sell you.

They also made no meaningful effort to improve the OL this past off season.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
And so we get to the playoffs?

Let's just say we live in a world where this happens, let's just be moronic enough to imagine that world.

Then what?

Best thing to happen to this team is for Fields grow and this defense to keep sucking. Losses are a good thing at this point.
Your QB disagrees with you.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Rightttttt

Because the patriots, raiders, cardinals, and steeelrs are so much better off and have so many less holes by making it to the wild card last season.

Bears in 2020 really proved they had less holes by making the playoffs.

You make a decent point by looking at one season, but Id argue those teams are overall in better shape than bottom 5 teams and arent better off for losing now.

plus, as stated, the Bears are in a different position. They have a crazy amount of cap space next season and have a QB on a rookie deal. If we needed a QB I could sympathize more. But as it is, I think building a winning culture is a step in the right direction.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Was it over when the Gremans bombed Pearl Harbor?

mecha

Liked Posts:
you know what dude. whatever. all of these topics have been discussed like 800,000 times.

you're probably still butthurt that Lovie Smith got fired after the 2012 team went 10-6, missed the playoffs, and beat no winning teams of meaningful substance too. the Bears organization had to flip the whole Nagy team. Pace got over mortgaged on draft pick trades (see: lost the team draft picks) and ridiculous overspending on FAs that didn't really translate to difference makers. the 2020 team after getting skullfucked by Pace's tactics was an inferior team to 2018. the Bears didn't get better, they got worse. his replacement Poles was brought in to literally balance the books again. the team had one of the worst salary cap situations in the league, the roster was among the oldest (if not, the oldest), and they really had no means for changing anything in a single draft. sure, Poles could've bought Fields some receivers and offensive linemen, that's a band-aid fix for teams that are mostly complete and just need a few pieces to make a deep run. the 2022 Bears were not in that position. it would be stupid to blow money now on a season they weren't going to win anything.

there, I dropped some more lyrical knowledge on you. I'm done posting in your thread. if you still don't understand the situation it's your own fault. have a great week.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You make a decent point by looking at one season, but Id argue those teams are overall in better shape than bottom 5 teams and arent better off for losing now.

plus, as stated, the Bears are in a different position. They have a crazy amount of cap space next season and have a QB on a rookie deal. If we needed a QB I could sympathize more. But as it is, I think building a winning culture is a step in the right direction.
And I would argue they’re all the same

Not super bowl contenders. Not even win a play off game contenders. But the bottom 5 can at least add the best play makers in the draft.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Of course the QB disagrees with it. What, you want him to throw games? Of course he's trying to win. If he says anything to the contrary he gets run out of town.
He’s not just saying that. He means it. Just like every coach and every player wants to win. To say losing is the best thing for a team is absolutely stupid.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And so we get to the playoffs?

Let's just say we live in a world where this happens, let's just be moronic enough to imagine that world.

Then what?

Best thing to happen to this team is for Fields grow and this defense to keep sucking. Losses are a good thing at this point.
Stop the Sanity!

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
He’s not just saying that. He means it. Just like every coach and every player wants to win. To say losing is the best thing for a team is absolutely stupid.
Again, of course he wants to win. Everybody wants to win every week. If you aren't trying to win, you wind up hurt in professional football.

The Bears have already seen enough to know Justin's their future at QB. So while Justin the competitor wants to win now, the general manager wants to win for 10 years. It is so much better long term if they keep losing and get a top 5 pick. Then the Bears can either draft an elite WR, OT, or DL if they want. Or they can trade for a king's ransom. Either way, they're getting closer to the long term view of winning for 10 years versus the win now.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
And I would argue they’re all the same

Not super bowl contenders. Not even win a play off game contenders. But the bottom 5 can at least add the best play makers in the draft.
Ok, and say those bottom 5 teams add that extra playmaker. Are they now immediate superbowl contenders? What if they make the playoffs as a WC, then lose....I guess according to you that would be a bad thing for them...?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Ok, and say those bottom 5 teams add that extra playmaker. Are they now immediate superbowl contenders? What if they make the playoffs as a WC, then lose....I guess according to you that would be a bad thing for them...?
Do they also have $130 million in cap space? Do they also have an elite QB prospect? If the answers to both are yes, then yes, I'd say they could become Super Bowl contenders really quick.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Again, of course he wants to win. Everybody wants to win every week. If you aren't trying to win, you wind up hurt in professional football.

The Bears have already seen enough to know Justin's their future at QB. So while Justin the competitor wants to win now, the general manager wants to win for 10 years. It is so much better long term if they keep losing and get a top 5 pick. Then the Bears can either draft an elite WR, OT, or DL if they want. Or they can trade for a king's ransom. Either way, they're getting closer to the long term view of winning for 10 years versus the win now.
lol. "win now" didn't work in 2018.

anyone else notice @vabearsfan15 just keeps ignoring my fact-based/not troll posts and quote replying everyone else?

you don't want to fuck with this, do you? logic hurts too much?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Jesus man. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Eventually you have to add enough play makers (QB included) and then you eventually start to win games and start viewing play offs as a reality.

In this case the bears already have the QB. And the cap space. They’re a pass rush, an OL, and an extra weapon away from contending. That’s a lot for one off season.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Do they also have $130 million in cap space? Do they also have an elite QB prospect? If the answers to both are yes, then yes, I'd say they could become Super Bowl contenders really quick.
Maybe so, but I think it is more likely a team becomes superbowl contenders if you could say yes to both of those questions AND coming off making the playoffs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

The Patriots won't be drafting a QB but won't know whether they really have one for two more years. Belichik is certainly less than convinced. They're in last place right now.

The Raiders are most certainly not in better position than the Bears right now. They are actually one of two teams with a worse record. And they certainly don't know they have the right coach.

Steelers? They're a well run organization and I would expect them to recover before too long, but they also are in QB purgatory. Do they have one, or don't they? They drafted one last year so they won't take advantage of an opportunity to get one this year and it will be a mistake.

Cardinals? Same as above. They're committed to a QB who is so-so, and expensive, and their coaching staff is a huge question mark. They were one team bold enough to draft a QB immediately after spending a high pick the previous yearm and they were right to move on. But their prospects for being a legit contender any time soon are not great.

Every one of those teams would be far better off losing now, but the ones who sort of have a QB wouldn't draft a QB when they should so it may not help. The Raiders are losing - more than the Bears so far - even though they're not trying to. But Josh McDaniels is the Human Tank Job, so they're doing it anyway.

Mired in mediocrity is the worst place to be. The Bears for years drafted mid-round and seldom got the talent they needed. Losing stinks, but I'd rather they lose now and win later than tread water forever.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:

I’m not sure how you can make a statement that this staff is sold on Fields being their QB. Have I missed some press conference that they said this in?

We can speculate all we want. The fact is, when a team does nothing but lose, then every, and I mean every player, is evaluated in their total game.

None of us know that when they are reviewing the game film if the staff tells Field's he missed this particular play, even though one group of fans says, that’s on the online, while another says well that’s on the receivers.

As the season goes on, and the loses pule up, and play gets uglier by all players, it will influence evaluation on all players, you can book on that.