onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
We're seeing the fallout of making an average QB a franchise QB.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
And I'm fine with seeing the end of the Sweaty Teddy Era.

Joker85

Liked Posts:
We're seeing the fallout of making an average QB a franchise QB.

Half the league has average to below average QBs by definition and manage to not become utter laughing stocks. Jay Cutler is a clown to be sure, but the rot in the Bears goes right to the bone. There is not a single management position currently staffed by someone remotely competent. The result is a team with zero talent, zero prospects, and no hope for change as long as the ownership brain trust remains.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
"Surprisingly, the day after the Bears made the wildly popular moves to fire general manager Phil Emery and coach Marc Trestman, local antipathy for Phillips exceeded ecstasy for progress. The only place that might not have been true was Halas Hall, though nobody polled employees by secret ballot.

Everywhere else around town, and even the league, the inclusion of Phillips during Monday's news conference created a negative response that muted the positive results of change. Phillips sat next to Chairman George McCaskey during the 40-minute session. The Bears would have been better off with Phillips sitting in Libertyville. Unconfirmed reports have Jay Cutler inviting Phillips to sit next to him at his next podium appearance just to feel more appreciated."

from 2014 http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-bears-haugh-spt-1231-20141230-column.html
I don't troll. I like cutler a lot as the Bears quarterback.

100% agree with you that Phillips is an issue. His voice in the McCaskey family has been fucking this franchise for years.

Can someone find what year Ted was a vocal point in the organization and the overall record?

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:

100% agree with you that Phillips is an issue. His voice in the McCaskey family has been fucking this franchise for years.

Can someone find what year Ted was a vocal point in the organization and the overall record?

Honestly, that's fine. You really like Jay. Cool. Don't get it. But whatever. We can argue until we're blue in the face about him.

But seriously, I believe you aren't trolling (atm) if you see Phillips as the problem. Because he is.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Half the league has average to below average QBs by definition and manage to not become utter laughing stocks. Jay Cutler is a clown to be sure, but the rot in the Bears goes right to the bone. There is not a single management position currently staffed by someone remotely competent. The result is a team with zero talent, zero prospects, and no hope for change as long as the ownership brain trust remains.

And don't forget, that a QB was signed to a 126 mil contract that accomplished nothing in his own talent.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Don't care if you even are trolling bc I agree with ya.

Serious talk, Ted Phillips is the issue. I'm serious. Dude gets in the mccaskeys ears about football and that fat shit knows nothing about the game. I'll admit I was so pumped when the Bears canned trestman and emery, hired Ernie.. Then i saw Ted on the podium.. That prick.

Then ernies interview Comes out.. And it's Ted

Fat Ted was interviewing gms with ernie and George. Just what the hell does that toad need to be in the damn room for? The bro needs to like stay away from anything Bears related.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
And don't forget, that a QB was signed to a 126 mil contract that accomplished nothing in his own talent.

How much of that was Cliff Stien and Emery, though? While your point still stands, since obviously Toilet Ted had final say.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

My feelings haven't changed. He's incapable of making a good stadium deal and hiring a GM. I don't see what he brings, but at this point I suppose the family is nostalgic.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
My feelings haven't changed. He's incapable of making a good stadium deal and hiring a GM. I don't see what he brings, but at this point I suppose the family is nostalgic.

hes been around the family along time and I think they find him to be family.

I like George a lot, I do. I just wish he would have the fucking balls to fire Phillips from anything Chicago Bears related. At the very least the man shouldn't be Chicago Bears president.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:

Exactly. He's been on payroll since 1984. He managed to be on staff and apparently the McCaskeys' think he holds some magic fucking key to 1986. He gets put in defacto after all the goddamned McCaskeys are proven fuck-ups and hires 'ol Whistlin' Dixie himself, Jerry fucking Angelo.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I want an Elway type ALPHA that will get this front office and roster righted towards greatness. And throw Fox's ass out the door if he ain't gangsta.

#makeChicagogreatagain

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
hes been around the family along time and I think they find him to be family.

I like George a lot, I do. I just wish he would have the fucking balls to fire Phillips from anything Chicago Bears related. At the very least the man shouldn't be Chicago Bears president.
I have no affection for George, really. I suppose he's better than the rest, but we all need to realize the legacy is dead, done, kaput, smoked.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Space Invader. you are now my favorite poster at CCS.

count me in

#makeChicagogreatagain

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ownership admitted that Ted Phillips was over his head when they hired Ernie Accorsi. Ted was to blame for Emery and they were not going to let him get the next GM. The Bears are now suffering from those past mistakes as the roster is depleted of talent and they are still stuck with #6. Pace was dealt a rotten hand and it will take time if he ever digs the team out from it, but make no mistake Pace is making the football decisions and not Ted Phillips.

Some bean counter in a suit has little to do with the product on the field moving forward. If you want to blame him for the stadium or the field then fire away. But he has moved out of the way and given Pace full football power, the only question that remains is can Pace get the job done. It will take time no doubt.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Don't care if you even are trolling bc I agree with ya.

Serious talk, Ted Phillips is the issue. I'm serious. Dude gets in the mccaskeys ears about football and that fat shit knows nothing about the game. I'll admit I was so pumped when the Bears canned trestman and emery, hired Ernie.. Then i saw Ted on the podium.. That prick.

Then ernies interview Comes out.. And it's Ted

Fat Ted was interviewing gms with ernie and George. Just what the hell does that toad need to be in the damn room for? The bro needs to like stay away from anything Bears related.

he's gonna be anywhere .....there's $$$ is involved. PPl. 4get this is a FAMILY-owned business.