Los Angeles Chargers

MIKETOUHY

Liked Posts:
The whole bringing the NFL back to L.A. is just one complicated matter. But here's my thought.

People say no one attended the games. Well The Rams were in L.A. from 1946-1994. Being there that long I'd figure they had to have had some success there or maybe they would of left long ago.

Now the fact the city may have a lot of transplants and will still be loyal to their teams from the cities they came from people move around all the time and I would think any warm weather place is gonna get a lot of northern people who move there to escape the colder weather.

Is San Diego any different?

I also think stuff to do would have any impact on football attendance especially if other sports games are attended well.

One thing that maybe the problem is The Rams are one of those teams in which it's championship and Superbowl history hasn't been as great as such teams as the 49er's and Raiders.

In 1951 they won a championship and don't know about the following years but in the Superbowl era they only had one in L.A. which they lost and won one in St. Louis.

Some of the lack of attendance could have been on that and losing seasons.

I can remember The Bears before the 85 season where local games weren't aired because like now they were doing so poorly.

Why should one waste time and money going to there football teams games when they're doing bad constantly?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
It's the west coast. They have beautiful weather, beautiful women, beaches, mountains, surfing, tons of stuff to do outdoors. Nobody cares about football. Football does best in the south where everyone is inbred and in the Midwest where there's nothing to do but get drunk and watch sports.

Good rule of thumb - the more desirable somewhere is to live, the less money it will make the NFL.

Winner. Although I disagree with your "The South doesn't have beautiful women" comment. Southern Belles are phenomenal, and not nearly as stuck-up as West Coast girls.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Winner. Although I disagree with your "The South doesn't have beautiful women" comment. Southern Belles are phenomenal, and not nearly as stuck-up as West Coast girls.
Oh I know, I was just having a mini-troll. I love southern accents on women; it's my favorite of the entire western hemisphere. They're mostly really nice people too in my limited experience.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh I know, I was just having a mini-troll. I love southern accents on women; it's my favorite of the entire western hemisphere. They're mostly really nice people too in my limited experience.
They can be great but make sure her mom isn't on the wrong side of 300.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LA has proven to be unable to support two teams and this will be no different. Once again, the Chargers are stupid. They should have moved to Las Vegas or San Antonio.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should take all those teams out of Cali. Stick 1 in Vegas, maybe 1 up there in Oregon and another in New Jersey but, you know, really say they're from Jersey. Maybe the other in Utah. Bet the Mormons would get a kick out of that.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
I'm sure Rivers is going to be asking for a trade. I think he said he would if they moved to LA, and now that they hired Lynn as HC with no coordinating experience- he most definitely will. I see Coughlin going after him.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Why would anyone want to live in San Diego without the Chargers there? That town is like living Hell on Earth.

Side note: good on the citizens of San Diego for refusing to give a billionaire tax payer money to build a stadium.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure Rivers is going to be asking for a trade. I think he said he would if they moved to LA, and now that they hired Lynn as HC with no coordinating experience- he most definitely will. I see Coughlin going after him.
Rivers to Jacksonville? Haha, yeah, I'm sure that's every quarterback's dream.

I don't think anybody will be interested in taking on that big contract of the 35 year old either. Chargers can't just cut him either. Too much dead cap

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dunno though. Maybe it is a cultural thing. I know for sure though that if I moved to LA, I would still be as big of a Bears fan as I am now. I just might watch the game on the beach with my portable TV rather than in my house.

The difference is that you might be doing it alone in LA while all your friends were out doing other shit and bugging you to go with them. Maybe. Instead of everyone you know watching and talking football and bugging you to watch with them. Maybe.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
25754c649d7c6e03183118d02f0f439e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Chargers new logo looks like it was designed in Microsoft WordArt. Tools

c1-653wukaals-f.jpg

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Wade Phillips to Rams, lots of news in LA today...doubt anyone living there really cares

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did somebody say something about moving?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I hope this gets the ball rolling on contracting teams.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
All this, because your security guards can't keep their hands out of their pockets.