Losing Interest?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
No one can justify calling rose above average. You cannot take his numbers this year and just ignore them. And his numbers this year are terrible. Not average, not above. Name 10 PGs who are putting up even remotely terrible numbers. Name even 5 PGs who are more inefficient than him.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one can justify calling rose above average. You cannot take his numbers this year and just ignore them. And his numbers this year are terrible. Not average, not above. Name 10 PGs who are putting up even remotely terrible numbers. Name even 5 PGs who are more inefficient than him.

Who is ignoring his numbers? I'm not. 35% shooting at a low volume of 3-pt attempts is terrible. However, he is about #20 in the NBA in assists and is amongst the top fourth of all point guards in that category. And he is winning his match up. As bad as Rose is doing scoring-wise, his opponents have been even worse in head-to-head match ups with him in terms of efficiency as well as output. Rose is an above average point guard and measures like PER and win shares hardly tell the entire story.

W, Mudiay: 2-13 for 4 points
W, T.Parker: 6-12 for 13 points (wouldn't say Rose outplayed Parker but kept him off the line and the Bulls won)
L, G.Hill: 3-8 for 6 points
W, D.Lillard: 4-22 for 19 points (most of the damage Lillard did was at the line when Rose was on the bench)
W, K.Walker: 5-18 for 13 points.
W, Westbrook: 7-18 for 20 points
W, S.Larkin: 3-8 for 6 points.
W, E.Payton: 2-7 for 4 points
W, McConnell: 3-8 for 6 points
L, R.Rubio: 2-10 for 7 points (bad game for Rose offensively and was out assisted).
W, M.Ellis: 9-20 for 20 points (efficient game for Ellis but Rose outplayed him).
L, *R.Jackson: 9-24 for 22 points. (Rose was outplayed but did hold Jackson to an inefficient shooting night)
L, *K.Walker: 6-12 for 13 points (Walker outplayed Rose)
W, *Mo Williams: 7-15 for 19 points (Rose was legitimately outplayed head-to-head and it was his first game of the season with one preseason game under his belt. And the Bulls still won)

Underlined where Rose legitimately outplayed his match-up.

* = Rose was outplayed

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
whys that? ill happily go in the column that wishes he had chosen Chicago

My apologies as I didn't see this until just now. I'm very happy to saddle Melo alongside of Dwight Howard who are two guys that just don't have it in them to lead a team to a championship. I'm almost there on James Harden.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Who is ignoring his numbers? I'm not. 35% shooting at a low volume of 3-pt attempts is terrible. However, he is about #20 in the NBA in assists and is amongst the top fourth of all point guards in that category. And he is winning his match up. As bad as Rose is doing scoring-wise, his opponents have been even worse in head-to-head match ups with him in terms of efficiency as well as output. Rose is an above average point guard and measures like PER and win shares hardly tell the entire story.

W, Mudiay: 2-13 for 4 points
W, T.Parker: 6-12 for 13 points (wouldn't say Rose outplayed Parker but kept him off the line and the Bulls won)
L, G.Hill: 3-8 for 6 points
W, D.Lillard: 4-22 for 19 points (most of the damage Lillard did was at the line when Rose was on the bench)
W, K.Walker: 5-18 for 13 points.
W, Westbrook: 7-18 for 20 points
W, S.Larkin: 3-8 for 6 points.
W, E.Payton: 2-7 for 4 points
W, McConnell: 3-8 for 6 points
L, R.Rubio: 2-10 for 7 points (bad game for Rose offensively and was out assisted).
W, M.Ellis: 9-20 for 20 points (efficient game for Ellis but Rose outplayed him).
L, *R.Jackson: 9-24 for 22 points. (Rose was outplayed but did hold Jackson to an inefficient shooting night)
L, *K.Walker: 6-12 for 13 points (Walker outplayed Rose)
W, *Mo Williams: 7-15 for 19 points (Rose was legitimately outplayed head-to-head and it was his first game of the season with one preseason game under his belt. And the Bulls still won)

Underlined where Rose legitimately outplayed his match-up.

* = Rose was outplayed

Lol are you kidding me? You're gonna ignore things like per, ws, ts%, eFG% and bring up head to head matchups where those guys numbers were also effected by team defense and rose played terrible in all but 2 games? At least you're creative but no matter how you slice it rose has been terrible and has played like the worst starting pg in the league. By far.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol are you kidding me? You're gonna ignore things like per, ws, ts%, eFG% and bring up head to head matchups where those guys numbers were also effected by team defense and rose played terrible in all but 2 games? At least you're creative but no matter how you slice it rose has been terrible and has played like the worst starting pg in the league. By far.

I am not ignoring shooting percentage at all. I mentioned that he's shooting terribly.

However, when you make blanket statements like Rose has been playing like the worst starting PG in the NBA by far, you are wrong. Canaan, Mudiay, Jack, Payton, Russell, Calderon, and even Ty Lawson are a group of starting PGs who have all been just as bad as Rose. And a few have been arguably much worse than Rose.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I am not ignoring shooting percentage at all. I mentioned that he's shooting terribly.

However, when you make blanket statements like Rose has been playing like the worst starting PG in the NBA by far, you are wrong. Canaan, Mudiay, Jack, Payton, Russell, Calderon, and even Ty Lawson are a group of starting PGs who have all been just as bad as Rose. And a few have been arguably much worse than Rose.

Fair enough. At best -at absolute best- there MIGHT be 10 guys equally bad or worse than Derrick. Still makes him a below average starting PG this year.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
And jack and Payton are both better than rose this year. Rather easily too.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
By the way, I'm a big time fan of Mudiay's game.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair enough. At best -at absolute best- there MIGHT be 10 guys equally bad or worse than Derrick. Still makes him a below average starting PG this year.

Not including bench guys? Yes. But I don't think that's what you originally said.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
speaking of Rose i was low on shirts today and had to break out my "RoseBeforeHoes" shirt...those were good times when that shirt was actually truthful....now im thinking about taping Axl Rose's face on it

i noticed chitownclothing doesn't even sell it anymore...im guessing they got pressed about using roses image?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
speaking of Rose i was low on shirts today and had to break out my "RoseBeforeHoes" shirt...those were good times when that shirt was actually truthful....now im thinking about taping Axl Rose's face on it

i noticed chitownclothing doesn't even sell it anymore...im guessing they got pressed about using roses image?

The rape scandal doesn't help.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You really wanna get bummed out? Watch highlights of after he came back from the ACL. He had about 90-95% of his athleticism. He wasn't very efficient but he was working his way back and looked like he was close to turning it around before his 2nd injury in Portland. Crazy how much explosiveness he lost since then.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's to the point where I can't watch more than a few minutes before the awful ball protection, poor shot selection and the horrid defense has me switching channels. You really gotta be a fan to like this team as they are the most unlikable group in the city....led by the $20 million dollar turnover machine that can't shoot.

Too old, too slow....too bad.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Too old, too slow....too bad.

i read this with Stackey King's voice, yet i still like him he still fast but he pushes the tempo only few times during a game, stop those fucking jump shots, go to the rim

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
My apologies as I didn't see this until just now. I'm very happy to saddle Melo alongside of Dwight Howard who are two guys that just don't have it in them to lead a team to a championship. I'm almost there on James Harden.

no worries, I just got back around to the forum so it worked out well. im with you on Dwight and im already there on Harden...but Melo ill never get to that point with. I mean Melo did win that national championship his 1 year at Syracuse so he "can" win a championship. ive just always felt for the last 4-5 years he would be the potential missing piece for the bulls. especially during those thibs years I thought he would provide that scoring punch they always seemed to lack come playoff time

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
Losing interest?

I've watched the Bulls the past 30 years except last year and this year.Actually this year I watched two games and fell asleep before halftime(I live outside the US)

The problem with the Bulls is their management;always has been.

They rely too much on yes men.Heck Reinsdorf chased Marrioti out of town (long time critic) and paid Sam Smith to work with him.There is no media criticism.Tell me again who are Hoiberg's assistants?When did we know about the hiring of Hoiberg?Who was coach then. Doesnt it remind you of a familiar situation that started in 1998?

You wont even read the critisism that is deserved not even from Blogabull nor Bulls confidential because they keep on waiting if there is a bone for them to lick... media wise.

This management team has made some pretty good draft picks in the mid 1st round with Butler and Mirotic but thats about it.Derrick Rose was handed to us/them and we all know it.

What has the management team done the past years?

Traded Korver to save 500.000 dollars ( dont make me bring up those Forbes reports)
Lost Omer Asik for nothing (there was demand for Asik when the Bulls wanted OJ Mayo;we went with Bogans against Miami)
Signed a broken down Rip Hamilton
Traded Luol Deng at all time low (just like all of their trades they are for salary dump reasons)
Signed a broekn down Kirk Hinrich to a deal that enabled GarPaxdorf to bable about the tax threshold
Signed an old Mike Denleavy though it was clear that Nate Robinson and Marco Bellineli had the guts to play for Thibodaeu
Ran Tom Thibodaeu out of town

Basically this management team has assembled a roster full of soft,unathletic broken down players.With the exception of Butler,Gibson,Moore and even Hinrich the rest of team are a bunch of finesse players and you cannot have too many of them.

GarPaxdorf started a feud with Tom Thibodaeu that sidetracked the team as the players saw the writing on the wall.The way they quit during Game 6 last year was very alarming.Yet the same management team kept the same roster thinking that the coach was the problem.Of course GarPax provide all the financial championships to Reinsdorf so nothing to critisize again.

I really hope for the sake of Bulls fans around the world that Michael Reinsdorf will have the stones to fire GarPax because they've been mediocre/bad with basketball decisions.Those two egomaniacs will never attract any free agent.

Watch those two trade Bulls players at their lowest value come February.(Which alone will be an accomplishment since theu are stubborn and will stand pat)