Losing Interest?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I would love for Rose to be out of town.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How many shitty players filled out the bench on those championship Miami Heat teams? Those players you just mentioned probably all would be the third best player on the Sixers. This team stands 3rd or 4th in the East right now. They aren't bad. But meatballs will be meatballs.

"Meatballs will be meatballs", huh? I am not talking about filling out the bench. I am talking about poor players in starting and/or players counted upon to contribute greatly to a team. Snell sucks and he starts. When Dudleavy comes back, he sucks so they are weak there over-all. When Butler is at SG, who is his replacement for key minutes.....Answer, no one. Rose can't shoot and can't set up anyone right now. Who is his back-up? Answer....... no one. Then there is McDermott, a one trick pony who cannot play a lick of defense and can't set-up anyone from the SF position. Get where I am going with this?

What they should have done in the draft was to draft one of three guys...... A shooting guard starting player. A Small forward starting player. OR, a very good back up point guard who could run the offense for the 2nd group or if they want to go small, start at point guard and move Rose to shooting guard and Butler to small forward.

On a championship contending team, the following are top 7 players......Rose, Butler, Gasol, Mirotic, and Gibson. That is it. That is a gap in talent. Right now, Noah is lost in this offense. McDermott could fill the role of a shooter off of the bench, Snell as maybe a defensive spell guy for 8-10 minutes a game, Dunleavy as basically the same role as McDermott. Portis as a 3rd string big. Whoever is left is not on a championship team at all. This is a very weak team once you get past the first six.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
:hawked:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think that I said that they are a shooting guard or small forward away along with a point guard. That is adding two skilled players and balance the team. This has been going on for years with Garfield and friend. That much is absolutely true. Why the drafting of another big to add to an already unbalanced team? Why the trade for McDermott, two for one? Why no guard and small forward then? Both of those drafts were not good ones as far as what they needed. Instead we have an assortment of below average guards and small forwards.

By the way....who wants Rose "out of town"? I don't. But I do want either a very good shooting guard and move Butler back to small forward or to get a quality small forward. And I want a GOOD point guard that can run the 2nd unit, not an over the hill terrible point guard in Hinrich.

Why people make excuses for Garfield and friend is amazing to me. This is a terrible marriage of incompetence and ego. They have done NOTHING to build a championship team and there is no excuse for it. And this team's owner is too damn cheap to hire good talent as in coaches and management. He sometimes lucks out, as in Thibs and Jackson but fucks it up every time they need a player.

And they wonder why quality free agents do not want to play in Chicago? Who would you when you have a management group like they do? It used to be that they could at least draft well but no more and it will not improve until the Goose and friend are ridden out on a rail.

Its hard to have a conversation or a debate with someone when you state that the owner doesn't care about bringing in top talent to run/coach the team...and when he does bring in top talent...its called luck. How the hell is finding Phil Jackson "luck"? Do you know the story behind that? Evidently not. There was no luck. Jerry Krause saw potential in Jackson NOBODY else saw.

As far as pursuing free agents...what free agents did not come here because of management? Carmelo? Lebron? Who???

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
GarPax has done nothing to build a contending team.

Except drafting a league MVP, DPOY, and a 30th overall pick that has turned into one of the top 20 players in the NBA.

Signed a free agent for less than 10M/yr who turned into an all-star starter.

And hired the coach of the year, which led the team to two straight seasons of the league's best regular season record.

Yep. They're horrible.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
its time to show they can make a trade for established talent though

this team needs something and im thinking some new faces may serve well

besides its time to trade Taj anyway

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
its time to show they can make a trade for established talent though

this team needs something and im thinking some new faces may serve well

besides its time to trade Taj anyway
Agreed. This front office is not horrible, but this is definitely a season to make a shakeup move for someone who will have an impact. This team as constructed is not winning a championship, and even with a trade, probably still isn't winning a championship.

The biggest problem for the team right now is actually Derrick Rose, and I don't see that stop being a problem any time soon.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Team is not fun to watch, but I still do because I'm a meatball.

Will be happy once Dunleavy comes back. I still think the offense will be different once the playoffs start. You can trade Snell, but for what? You can trade Noah, but for what? The biggest tradeable asset this team has right now is the Sacramento pick, and I'm hard pressed to give that away. Jimmy Butler is great, but frankly, I don't see him becoming an elite in this league. Mirotic has been a major disappointment in my eyes. I want Portis to get more minutes.

And Garfield Goose is the puppet, if there are certain people trying to make a look-a-like comment, it'd be smarter to go with Frazier Thomas.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
The other issue is the NBA season is 30 games too long. It's long been critiqued for waning interest through this long middle stretch. We will all perk up for the premier matchups from Christmas to New Year, lose interest again until trade deadline, then March. It's just the way it is

Agreed. This time of year, I just have too many other things going on.

Its a weird season because the Bulls are winning, but I still am not really excited for them like in previous seasons. I assume part of it is because its the same roster of last year, so there is no interesting subplots. I was just talking with a friend about how this season is just not as exciting, and he brought up that it might be because Hoiberg doesnt have a strong as a personality. He is very chill and not as fired up as Thibs.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I haven't lost interest, but perhaps I had lower expectations. We do have more wins than I thought and the offense/defense ratings have been interesting thus far, but otherwise it's about what I expected to see. I guess you could say I have more interest in what the Warriors are doing than what the Bulls are doing, but who doesn't want to watch a team break some records?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I think a lot of people are losing interest because Derrick rose is terrible now. When he played at a high level, he was exciting to watch and have bulls fans hope. With him playing like a mid level player, he's boring and frustrating to watch and fans are smart enough to realize we have no shot without a true superstar. We know the best we can do is maybe push Cleveland to 7 games. Maybe.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like watching Jimmy :shrug:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think a lot of people are losing interest because Derrick rose is terrible now. When he played at a high level, he was exciting to watch and have bulls fans hope. With him playing like a mid level player, he's boring and frustrating to watch and fans are smart enough to realize we have no shot without a true superstar. We know the best we can do is maybe push Cleveland to 7 games. Maybe.
Last season, when he actually did play, he played better than he has for the most part this season. Last year we weren't seeing 2-8 point games from him. He'd atleast get into double digits, even if he still had a terrible game. This year he's not even scoring, which blame the eye if you will, but it just looks like a complete shell of his former self. The writing is on the wall more than ever concerning him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This Rose looks sort of like FIBA Rose to me. Looking to pass a lot, will occasionally be aggressive trying to score, lots of missed jumpers, not really looking like the Rose we're used to seeing. How much of that is Rose being an actual scrub vs him sort of deferring to teammates is probably dependent on how much you think Rose sucks. So, about 90-10 scrub vs deference is what I'd guess the average poster here would say.

Also hard to say how much the double vision is affecting him still. He's starting to launch more 3s again instead of relying on the midrange like he was earlier in the year. I like midrange Rose much better, but I suppose he's actually making more 3s now so there's that.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Last season, when he actually did play, he played better than he has for the most part this season. Last year we weren't seeing 2-8 point games from him. He'd atleast get into double digits, even if he still had a terrible game. This year he's not even scoring, which blame the eye if you will, but it just looks like a complete shell of his former self. The writing is on the wall more than ever concerning him.

I personally wouldn't hold out hope that his eye is causing him to suck. The form on his shot is as bad as it's ever been and he looks to have lost all of his explosiveness and lift. His IQ is still below average for a PG and what's worse is he still thinks he's an elite player.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
On topic but potentially a derail and bigger than just Bulls fandom...

I've noticed that younger generations(Y/Z) of sport(s) fans have almost no concept of sportsmanship compared to generations prior(including when older generations were in adolescence). Mainly from the position of the fans, because those who dedicate huge portions of their time to playing organized sports(not considering organized in this sense as pickup games/leagues) become a mixed bag anyways.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On topic but potentially a derail and bigger than just Bulls fandom...

I've noticed that younger generations(Y/Z) have almost no concept of sportsmanship compared to generations prior(including when older generations were in adolescence). Mainly from the position of the fans, because those who dedicate huge portions of their time to playing organized sports(not considering organized in this sense as pickup games/leagues) become a mixed bag anyways.
How so?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

I think it's just the Chicago fan generalization that leads me to believe so. Sportsmanship is a lengthy definition in itself, and for whatever reason I see these younger fans only applying part of it if any. It's not a mix and match(being selective), it's an all of the above deal. Grace in winning, grace in losing, courtesy, respecting rules of the game for all parties, not kicking someone while they are down.

And of course, it's going to seem like I'm directing this at specific people in the thread(while I'm not). But see, that is also arguably part of being sportsmanlike in discussion, not taking indirect comments and making them personal.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it's just the Chicago fan generalization that leads me to believe so. Sportsmanship is a lengthy definition in itself, and for whatever reason I see these younger fans only applying part of it if any. It's not a mix and match(being selective), it's an all of the above deal. Grace in winning, grace in losing, courtesy, respecting rules of the game for all parties, not kicking someone while they are down.

And of course, it's going to seem like I'm directing this at specific people in the thread(while I'm not). But see, that is also arguably part of being sportsmanlike in discussion, not taking indirect comments and making them personal.
Ah I see what you're getting at. I'd tend to agree.