Losing Interest?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I dont have a problem with people that blame the front office. They have done a pretty poor job assembling a championship team. But thibs had to go. he is the lovie smith of baskebtall coaches.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm honestly still unsure of Crystallas' point in all of this.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I dont have a problem with people that blame the front office. They have done a pretty poor job assembling a championship team. But thibs had to go. he is the lovie smith of baskebtall coaches.

Da fuck? How are they remotely similar? Lovie was a players coach that players loved. Thibs wore thin on the players and is far from a players coach.

As far as the front office, how many front offices have assembled a championship team in the past 15 years? I think overall, they've done a pretty good job. Better than most organizations for sure. If Rose never got injured, this team probably would have at least reached the finals, and possibly won. Right now, they're pretty much handcuffed by Rose's contract. The guy is making 20 mil a season and is a negative win player. I don't know how you fix something like that lol

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm pretty clear with my words. But it's kind of funny that my point is just criticisms are good (or lets call them just reactions) and over-reactions are discouraging. From there, those who like to over-react have stretched that very point to some exaggeration, then it is no longer my point. IDK what I expected honestly. I also said Chicago fans are pretty bad with it, but at no point does that mean Chicago fans are exclusive. This is another over-reaction.
Except, I don't think you're necessarily clear with the word sportsmanship or fan in this case. I understand you think you are, but if you were looking to have a discussion regarding it, you should at least qualify it based on your own definition.

If you are looking for sportsmanship on a message board, with the anonymity surrounding this - you're simply not going to get it. Look at any Packers thread on the Bears board, and you're bound to find out what you're leading to. But those aren't people who are fans, at least in my eyes. Those are people who have a fetish. Much like the people I described in my post above.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Many arguments stem from people having different definitions for the same word(s).

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Except, I don't think you're necessarily clear with the word sportsmanship or fan in this case. I understand you think you are, but if you were looking to have a discussion regarding it, you should at least qualify it based on your own definition.

If you are looking for sportsmanship on a message board, with the anonymity surrounding this - you're simply not going to get it. Look at any Packers thread on the Bears board, and you're bound to find out what you're leading to. But those aren't people who are fans, at least in my eyes. Those are people who have a fetish. Much like the people I described in my post above.

What I mean when I say I am clear with my own words, is that there are multiple posts by me that are being mashed together here. While they are separate points. Overlap? Sure, but all were in context to the flow of the chat, so new points were added. For example, what you quoted there and sportsmanship were in two different sub discussions in the thread. Where I defined sportsmanship, and it was not brought up again by me, until now since you ask about it.

Also note, my expectations were never disclosed.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Can you summarize your main points in all of this Crystallas? And what you mean by fans and sportsmanship and how Chicago are any different than any other city in terms of having bad fans? I'm still unsure of what you're trying to say. Part of me thinks you're trying to say athletes would rather play in say Milwaukee where the fan base is pathetic as opposed to a great sports town like Chicago, where fans have less patience yet more passion for the team? I'm just confused as to what you're trying to say is all.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Can you summarize your main points in all of this Crystallas? And what you mean by fans and sportsmanship and how Chicago are any different than any other city in terms of having bad fans? I'm still unsure of what you're trying to say. Part of me thinks you're trying to say athletes would rather play in say Milwaukee where the fan base is pathetic as opposed to a great sports town like Chicago, where fans have less patience yet more passion for the team? I'm just confused as to what you're trying to say is all.

No I can't. I believe what I said was clear enough. Also, that I sorted the points out and did not combine them into one point when a few points exist, therefore there is no single summary. Unless you guys are just trolling me to see the irony of me eventually over-react to a discussion on over-reacting, kudos.

I will add another point too, that I believe those who over-react are hard-wired or have such a deep habit of over-reacting, that I don't have the best method of explaining it to this type of person. So asking me to explain it may not be the best idea, perhaps seeing how it is so wide-spread, if someone had a good solution or explaination, it wouldn't seem like much of a problem. So yes, like talking to a wall.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it's just the Chicago fan generalization that leads me to believe so. Sportsmanship is a lengthy definition in itself, and for whatever reason I see these younger fans only applying part of it if any. It's not a mix and match(being selective), it's an all of the above deal. Grace in winning, grace in losing, courtesy, respecting rules of the game for all parties, not kicking someone while they are down.

And of course, it's going to seem like I'm directing this at specific people in the thread(while I'm not). But see, that is also arguably part of being sportsmanlike in discussion, not taking indirect comments and making them personal.
I had forgotten this post...so I'll just leave this here

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Good luck learning to beekeep from me with this attitude.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I had forgotten this post...so I'll just leave this here

I remember that post and I still don't see how that doesn't apply to fans for most, if not every city. It's not remotely isolated to chicago or even large market teams.

Furthermore, I don't think it's a generation or age thing either. There's plenty of older fans who could fit into the mold he's describing. Some of the biggest "meatballs" I know are older. I don't see any correlation whatsoever. It's strictly a matter of opinion and perception unless there was a study conducted that I'm unaware of.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I remember that post and I still don't see how that doesn't apply to fans for most, if not every city. It's not remotely isolated to chicago or even large market teams.
It's not...or at least I don't think he's saying it is.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I no longer know what this thread is about. I think I lost interest though.

im not sure if ive been ridiculed by crys for 7 pages or not :dunno:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyway... back on the subject in Bulls' fans losing interest in the Bulls.

Bulls fans are some of the most spoiled in the NBA.

We lived through the bliss of the 90's and when the team doesn't have a realistic shot at contending, Bulls' fans lose interest right away and decide they are not worth watching.

And while Bulls' fans are some of the best (if not the best) fans in the NBA, that is definitely a flaw in our fan base. And people on this forum are very guilty of it.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i didn't witness the 90's so i have nothing but the Miami sweep and Roses MVP year

j6ZBj.gif