Love Demands Trade to Cavaliers [trade official]

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Well, it seems this is a done deal. Can we now move on from Kevin Love? I'm tired of hearing people whine about other players that do not want to come to the Bulls. As long as the NBA is structured to allow LJ and his homies to hook up in Lake Erie after hooking up in South Beach, I look forward to kicking their ass.

I like the team we have now, and I'm not afraid of Cleveland with Love. I don't care if they sign Allen and Marion, either. Kyrie is nothing if Rose plays, period! We got Jimmy to throw at LJ, and Pau, Taj, and Niko to slow Love down.

I don't see the Cavs being anywhere the same threat that the Heat was. Bosh and Wade used to kill us. I think adding Pau, Niko, and Doug, would have really helped us this year against the Heat. The Cavs are not the same threat, imo.

And for everyone that doubts Euro players potential, who says the Cavs coach is gonna step in from the Euro league as a coach? We don't even know if this guy can coach in the NBA yet. And we have Thibs!

Let's play Ball! :bullbang:

attachment.php

Report: Wolves, Cavs have 'handshake agreement' on Wiggins-Love trade

By Matt Moore | NBA writer
August 4, 2014 8:46 pm ET
love_threat_out.jpg

Kevin Love could be looking at a new zip code soon. (USATSI)

In an interview with ESPN New York radio, reporter Brian Windhorst, pretty well-connected to the Cleveland Cavaliers, reports that there is a "handshake agreement" between the Cavaliers and Minnesota Timberwolves for a Kevin Love trade.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wish the Bulls could at least jump in and take Kevin Martin from Minnesota. He'd do a lot for this team

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
we'd have to trade Taj to get him....no thank you

martin put up empty numbers anyway he was a non factor with OKC

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I wish the Bulls could at least jump in and take Kevin Martin from Minnesota. He'd do a lot for this team

The only two trades I got to work on the trade machine are Taj, or Dunleavy and Snell. :nope:

Liked Posts:
For this year at least, I won't be scared of Cleveland. The 2011 heat lost the finals and won the ecf because rose didn't have help (all those losses were close). And remember how well that lakers superteam did last year? Lol

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
we'd have to trade Taj to get him....no thank you

martin put up empty numbers anyway he was a non factor with OKC
I'm sure there's a way to do it without trading Taj...probably something involving Dunleavy, Snell, and maybe some small filler like a 2nd rounder. Idk what Martin's salary is this year, but it averages out to 7M per so that probably means he's still making less than that this year (assuming backloaded contract).

There's a lot of benefit as he can create his own shot, hit 3s, score with ridiculous efficiency, and enable everyone's ideal of having Butler at the SF. Also clears the way to let Doug have more minutes right away.

Idk...perhaps he is just an empty stat machine, but we could use his skill set on the team and perhaps his stats would be less empty here with less shot creators on the team. :dunno:

It's all wishful thinking anyway, he's going to rot away in Minnesota.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
For this year at least, I won't be scared of Cleveland. The 2011 heat lost the finals and won the ecf because rose didn't have help (all those losses were close). And remember how well that lakers superteam did last year? Lol

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Part of me is interested to see how the Love thing plays out with Love not committing to anyone long term. Would it be crazy to think he could leave after one year? :dunno:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Part of me is interested to see how the Love thing plays out with Love not committing to anyone long term. Would it be crazy to think he could leave after one year? :dunno:
If they don't win, I can see him bolting

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm still not understanding how Minnesota's FO hasn't been reprimanded for talking about this trade publicly and basically saying, "As soon as Wiggins can be traded per league rules, he'll be traded."

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I'm still not understanding how Minnesota's FO hasn't been reprimanded for talking about this trade publicly and basically saying, "As soon as Wiggins can be traded per league rules, he'll be traded."

It seems that this latest article pushes those boundaries, I agree.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It seems that this latest article pushes those boundaries, I agree.

But how dare the NBA intervene in a situation that brings more intrigue (see: money) to their league! You know, just like they did with the Chris Paul to the Lakers fiasco that was stopped because the fucking Hornets were owned by the league and trading him would make that franchise less valuable. The hypocrisy of the NBA never ceases to amaze.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
If they don't win, I can see him bolting

I can think of a lot of reasons. Why wouldn't he want to go home? The Clips and Lakers are both really close to Santa Monica where he's from. I can see Love not jiving with the Cavs, but that's my opinion. I'm not sure how the money is for the Cavs yet, either.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can think of a lot of reasons. Why wouldn't he want to go home? The Clips and Lakers are both really close to Santa Monica where he's from. I can see Love not jiving with the Cavs, but that's my opinion. I'm not sure how the money is for the Cavs yet, either.
This whole going home thing...idk I guess it makes sense. LA is always an enticing place to be anyway, so I can see that happening. Money wise though, Cleveland will have his Bird rights from the trade so they'll be able to offer him the full max.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
This whole going home thing...idk I guess it makes sense. LA is always an enticing place to be anyway, so I can see that happening. Money wise though, Cleveland will have his Bird rights from the trade so they'll be able to offer him the full max.

So Cleveland will have Bird right's and other teams won't? Fuckin NBA! :smh:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Cleveland will have Bird right's and other teams won't? Fuckin NBA! :smh:
Bird rights are made for the team trying to resign the player to have an advantage. This is why Melo didn't sign here. Cleveland gets his bird rights because they are a part of his contract.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah im not as scared of this Cavs team as i was of Miami (not to say i think we're 100% beating them)

the Cavs wont even be on the same planet defensively as Miami was....yes Bron will still be able to give Rose issues but i don't except the defense overall to be so on point

when it was crunch time Miami just got stops as evident by that 18-3 run in game 5

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah im not as scared of this Cavs team as i was of Miami (not to say i think we're 100% beating them)

the Cavs wont even be on the same planet defensively as Miami was....yes Bron will still be able to give Rose issues but i don't except the defense overall to be so on point

when it was crunch time Miami just got stops as evident by that 18-3 run in game 5
Yeah they don't have another good perimeter defender other than Lebron. Plus Rose will have people to pass to to get shots so we're not dead in the water when Lebron guards Rose in the 4th. Cleveland is arguably even weaker than Miami was up front with only Varejao (flop city), and Thompson (decent shot blocker) really there to defend the rim, which isn't much better than seeing Haslem and Birdman out there. With Pau being able to play in the post and Mirotic being able to draw defenders away from the rim, there's not going to be too many issues there imo.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do not believe that there is anykind of handshake agreement whatsoever. Its just another example of a reporter wanting a headline. It would be stupid of either Love's camp or the Cavs to say anything of the kind. I'll believe it when I see it, not before. Who in their right mind would want to go to Cleveland? Maybe someone from Detrot buts that's about it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bulls still need a good guard. They are pretty week at the two positions.