Love Demands Trade to Cavaliers [trade official]

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Bird rights are made for the team trying to resign the player to have an advantage. This is why Melo didn't sign here. Cleveland gets his bird rights because they are a part of his contract.

So Bird rights are transferable then? I thought a player had to be with a team for 3 years? I can't keep up with the 100 idiotic NBA rules. I thought Minny would but not Cleveland.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
The Bulls still need a good guard. They are pretty week at the two positions.

I just don't get your argument here. Rose is the best PG in the NBA. Butler is a top 3 defender at SG. Kirk plays both positions pretty well and is a Wiley veteran, no matter how much you dislike him. Brooks, imo, is a good fit as a b/u PG, and can score. Snell is up and coming and can play some SG. I'd love to add another SG that can slash and score. I just can't hang with the pretty weak stuff! :nope:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just don't get your argument here. Rose is the best PG in the NBA. Butler is a top 3 defender at SG. Kirk plays both positions pretty well and is a Wiley veteran, no matter how much you dislike him. Brooks, imo, is a good fit as a b/u PG, and can score. Snell is up and coming and can play some SG. I'd love to add another SG that can slash and score. I just can't hang with the pretty weak stuff! :nope:

1. Butler doesn't play SG well at all. He is a small forward and defends whoever the best opponents SF or SG.

2. Hinrich is over-the-hill, can't shoot worth a crap and cannot be depended on anymore.

3. Brooks is a midget who is a huge defensive liability

4. Snell is up and coming? Really? I think that he doesn't hustle and cannot put the ball on the floor.

Other than Rose, the Bulls are over-all lousy at the guard position(s). I was sick of watching this parade of no talent actors paraded in front of me in the last two years and it appears to be more of the same. The Bulls management team has failed miserably giving Rose help in the back-court during his entire career with the Bulls and this is probably the worst it has ever been.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are weak at the shooting guard position...but not at the point guard position.

Remember the last two years with smurfs playing the point? Who could they defend?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
1. Butler doesn't play SG well at all. He is a small forward and defends whoever the best opponents SF or SG.

2. Hinrich is over-the-hill, can't shoot worth a crap and cannot be depended on anymore.

3. Brooks is a midget who is a huge defensive liability

4. Snell is up and coming? Really? I think that he doesn't hustle and cannot put the ball on the floor.

Other than Rose, the Bulls are over-all lousy at the guard position(s). I was sick of watching this parade of no talent actors paraded in front of me in the last two years and it appears to be more of the same. The Bulls management team has failed miserably giving Rose help in the back-court during his entire career with the Bulls and this is probably the worst it has ever been.

Wow...you are way off.

1. I mostly agree with this one.
2. No, he is still a good player and you can depend on him to do what he has been doing for the last 5, 6 years.
3. Rather dismissive of Brooks.
4. Did you see Snell over the summer? Not the player you describe.

Okay, this was another opportunity to bash the FO...you pointed the finger at the FO, but your solution was Rondo??? C'mon son!

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Saying the Bulls are weak in the back court is fucking laughable. They have a former MVP who is 25 years old, a journeyman that has proven to be able to play meaningful minutes, and two young guys that should be improved to play SG...oh yeah and Aaron Brooks is essentially a 3rd PG. They will be fine. Even if their back court was weak, the front court should be expected to be ridiculous. If Butler struggles at the 2 shift one of the 3 power forwards to some time a SF, give Dunleavy minutes at the 2, and go with a bigger lineup.

Liked Posts:
The 2 guard position is suspect but I think some of that were bulls fans overrating jimmy and expecting too much of him. Plus A LOT was expected of him especially after the Deng trade. Maybe Snell improves I'll have to see it to believe. But as long as Rose stays healthy we are set at pg. Plus Kirk is a solid defender and brooks is decent

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we can all agree that SG is by far our weakest position. PG though? Come on man...

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Well, I'll post this again..... basically, Korver is talking about Doug, but notice what he says about the 2 and 3 spots. There's no difference in Thib's system. It's a fallacy to think we need a prototypical SG, imo.

“He’s on a great team for him to fit in well,” said Korver. “There’s a real need for his skill set. He’s going to learn how to play defense. He’s going to have Jimmy taking the No. 1 (offensive) guy.

He’ll get the second guy. There’s no two and three in Thibs’ offense. You’re the guy who’s coming off the doubles [screens]. Or you’re the guy who’s not coming off the doubles almost for the wing.

He’s going to be the guy coming off the doubles and he’s going to be able to shoot that thing and put a lot of pressure on the defense.

Not to mention that Rose can and will play some 2.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are getting Rose back...so how the heck is the position weak? And you don't need a 6'6" backup point guard.

You are right about Rose. He is special and I think that he will play with a huge chip on his shoulder. But hold that aside for a minute. When the other guards on your team are named, Brooks, Hinrich, Butler, and heaven help us, Snell, that is a big problem for me. Rose is going to be doubled a lot because we do not have anyone in the back-court to share the playmaking with him. Ideally, the Bulls should pair him with a guy who can shoot and handle the ball as well. They do not have that. They have never had that as long as Rose has been here and that is dumb.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow...you are way off.

1. I mostly agree with this one.
2. No, he is still a good player and you can depend on him to do what he has been doing for the last 5, 6 years.
3. Rather dismissive of Brooks.
4. Did you see Snell over the summer? Not the player you describe.

Okay, this was another opportunity to bash the FO...you pointed the finger at the FO, but your solution was Rondo??? C'mon son!

:) Good post. We will agree to disagree then. I talked about Rondo mainly because it'd be fun to watch Rose and Rondo play together. Tell me that that wouldn't be pretty exciting and fun to watch. And the Celtics were supposed to be interested in trading him. But the truth is that I would take any good guard that was available that could take pressure off of Rose in the back-court and think that the lack of one will prove to be an achilles heel for the team.

Others here claim that somehow the addition of Gasol, Mirotic, and McBuckets will solve the problem regarding pressure on Rose and the lack of anyone behind him at the guard position. I think that this is a pipe dream full of corned beef hash, not the real stuff.

Can you envision a trip down the floor with the Bulls on offense against a team that has two athletic physical guards? The Bulls team is:
1. Rose
2. Butler
3. Gasol
4. Noah
5. Dunleavy/McBuckets/Mirotic

Who, does Rose give the ball to when he is trapped? There would already be 10-12 seconds gone in the shot clock when he gives the ball up. Who does he give it to and you know that the pressure will shift to whoever it is he gives it to. Who has the skill set to get his own shot or get away from pressure and pass it to someone else?

This is what is going to happen on a regular basis. Then Thibs will have to go smaller and put in a Hinrich or Brooks and move one of the bigs out of there. Who moves?Teams are all about creating mismatches at a position and taking advantage of the other team's line-up. Lacking a decent 2nd guard is a big time mismatch weakness. That is what I am saying.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Others here claim that somehow the addition of Gasol, Mirotic, and McBuckets will solve the problem regarding pressure on Rose and the lack of anyone behind him at the guard position. I think that this is a pipe dream full of corned beef hash, not the real stuff.
Don't you diss corned beef hash...that stuff is delicious.

Can you envision a trip down the floor with the Bulls on offense against a team that has two athletic physical guards? The Bulls team is:
1. Rose
2. Butler
3. Gasol
4. Noah
5. Dunleavy/McBuckets/Mirotic

Who, does Rose give the ball to when he is trapped? There would already be 10-12 seconds gone in the shot clock when he gives the ball up. Who does he give it to and you know that the pressure will shift to whoever it is he gives it to. Who has the skill set to get his own shot or get away from pressure and pass it to someone else?
Gasol or Noah. They both have elite passing ability from the PF/C position. If they double off of a shooter, that's dumb because they're leaving a knockdown shooter open. Even if they double off Butler, he can get the initial pass and swing it to one of the bigs or hit the open shooter if they rotate. Or he can just give it back to Rose. They're not dead in the water.

This is what is going to happen on a regular basis. Then Thibs will have to go smaller and put in a Hinrich or Brooks and move one of the bigs out of there. Who moves?Teams are all about creating mismatches at a position and taking advantage of the other team's line-up. Lacking a decent 2nd guard is a big time mismatch weakness. That is what I am saying.
Mismatches usually work both ways. If we go small and have Brooks and Rose for example, yeah we're lacking height defensively, but that combo is faster than whoever the opponent is throwing out there as well. Two guys who can get into the paint almost at will and make a play. Plus, Rose is a very good defender when he wants to be so having him guard a SG for a small stretch isn't that big a deal.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
the Bulls should pair him with a guy who can shoot and handle the ball as well. They do not have that. They have never had that as long as Rose has been here and that is dumb.

oh they had a guy like that

they just stupidly let him go so they could have the pleasure of overpaying Boozer :pity:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

You keep going on about this ....... Would you agree that John Paxson know's a little about playing G? I hope so, anyhow. Check out this Waddle & Silvy podcast where Pax not only talks about the different ways to penetrate an offense, but also Pau's ability to post up. He also talks about how San Antonio just won a Championship with little G penetration.

You can find it here. You might start it at 11:30 to hear what I'm saying. Having a G create offense is ONE way. With all due respect, this pretty much squashes what you're saying, imo.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
The Bulls have been paying dearly for letting Ben Gordon go for years now.

Holy shit, Man, careful what you start......

Shitstorm.jpg