Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Miles will be very comparable defensively on the Pacers. Playing on a team with a good defensive strategy helped Stephenson a lot. Miles has more length, is taller, and average athleticism. Miles is not as strong, but he should be fine.
True, but Stephenson is a pretty good defender in his own right as well. He did do a decent job on Lebron and that's not an easy task even if you have a whole team behind you.

I also like his shooting more. I think Miles will be a better fit.
Miles is a far better shooter for sure, I'm just thinking that the Pacers will miss the secondary ball handler much like the Bulls always do. They didn't have a whole lot of shooting though so Miles will definitely help in that regard. They did add Stuckey though, who I completely forgot about. He can probably provide a lot of the same offense that Stephenson provided in which case, you're probably even more right about Miles.

As far as the bench goes who knows. The Pacers fell apart last year. I am not sure if they can recover from it. If they can though they can still be the number 1 seed. They have a lot of talent. People forget that the Pacers made the ECFs 2 seasons in a row and two years ago Stephenson was not playing at the level the played at last year.

I think the biggest question mark with the Pacers is not talent. It is how are they going to come back from whatever burst that team. I don't think I have ever seen a team fall that far that fast in the NBA, without an injury or six.
Yeah I guess we'll see if whatever internal stuff was rumored sticks or not. How much of a locker room issue was Stephenson really...how did Evan Turner mess things up, if at all...did PG really bang Hibbert's girl? Team chemistry is definitely more of an issue than the talent.

czman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the real issue with the Pacers is going to be who is the point on that team. Who is going to get them into there offense and facilitate. That is what they have been missing since the beginning though, and I don't think Stephenson was great at it. Hill is the real issue on that team. They are paying him a lot of money to be a spot up shooter, slasher, who is bad at running an NBA offense.

I don't think Stuckey solves that either. The pacers saving grace is that James left the Heat. The Heat had a lot of perimeter defense. If the Cavs move Wiggins their perimeter defense will take a hit and that will help alleviate the need for more ball handling. If the Cavs do move Wiggins it probably makes the match ups more favorable for the Bulls and Pacers. It also forces James to defend the best offensive player night in night out. I think James wore down last season a bit. Wiggins would allow James to take the lesser offensive player and that would allow him to stay fresher.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Love. I really want to see how these teams look before I go to far out on a limb with who is out and who is in the ECF. Matchups are very important in basketball and James/Waiter/Irving/Love/Verajo is not a great defensive team and not a team that is going to lock people down on the perimeter. The Bulls may not need that second ball handler if the Cavs trade for Love. I kind of want to talk myself into the Cavs trading for Love actually making the matchup for the Bulls and Pacers more favorable. Just want to see what the teams look like firs.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I kind of want to talk myself into the Cavs trading for Love actually making the matchup for the Bulls and Pacers more favorable. Just want to see what the teams look like firs.
I do as well, but perhaps it's only to try to temper my fear of their offense being so ridiculously good we can't handle it. We'd have the advantage in big men either way, but Love is just so good offensively that I'm not sure how we'll deal with him and Lebron and Kyrie simultaneously. I guess we'll really have to see the teams play before we can say anything. It's truly all guesswork at this point.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Miles will be very comparable defensively on the Pacers. Playing on a team with a good defensive strategy helped Stephenson a lot. Miles has more length, is taller, and average athleticism. Miles is not as strong, but he should be fine.

I also like his shooting more. I think Miles will be a better fit.

As far as the bench goes who knows. The Pacers fell apart last year. I am not sure if they can recover from it. If they can though they can still be the number 1 seed. They have a lot of talent. People forget that the Pacers made the ECFs 2 seasons in a row and two years ago Stephenson was not playing at the level the played at last year.

I think the biggest question mark with the Pacers is not talent. It is how are they going to come back from whatever burst that team. I don't think I have ever seen a team fall that far that fast in the NBA, without an injury or six.

This is true, but the East is stronger than it was 2 years ago. I think the Pacers take a step back, but having Stephenson off the team will at least help the locker room situation. They'll definitely be around.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is true, but the East is stronger than it was 2 years ago. I think the Pacers take a step back, but having Stephenson off the team will at least help the locker room situation. They'll definitely be around.
It's also probably worth noting that they really had no other competition to get to the ECF the past couple years. Bulls were never really in contention for obvious reasons and the rest of the East of obviously terrible. With everything sort of evening out after Lebron going back to Cleveland, Indiana is no real lock to make the ECF, especially after losing Stephenson. I guess we'll see how things turn out once the season starts, but I'm seeing Bulls/Cavs in the ECF as a far higher probability than anything else.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Bulls gets Love, the East is the Bulls in a run-away. If he goes to the Cavs, they win the East in all probability but the Bulls have at least a decent chance. If noone signs Love, the Bulls will be the favorite in the East.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hey whatever dude, I don't have to impress anyone. Especially you. After all, you wanted to challenge me to a fight. Go ahead, set up a boxing match, whatever you want. It would be my pleasure. But if LJ came at me to fight, I'd kick his fuckin ass. I'm giving up 10 lbs and 5 inches only, I don't care how good he is at basketball, he wouldn't find me an easy fight.
Still waiting on your source for this ridiculous, neanderthal statement. Take your time. I know youre busy praying for professional athletes with injuries. The Africans with ebola dont need no stinkin prayers. Not like that stuff actually makes a difference anyways.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So,about Paul George....

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
WOW....I can't tell if you are Special person or a troll. Probably both. Why does anyone take what he types about anything seriously.

I keep you off guard ..... and then .....

POW_cartoon_sound_effect.png

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Still waiting on your source for this ridiculous, neanderthal statement. Take your time. I know youre busy praying for professional athletes with injuries. The Africans with ebola dont need no stinkin prayers. Not like that stuff actually makes a difference anyways.

Here's the ridiculousness of your bad trolling, but first, let me say how much of an idiot you are. Imo, you bring disgrace to the good trollers.

I said this to someone else, not you.

Or did Love ruin their negotiating ability by coming out and demanding trade to Cleveland? Just another player that wants to hook up with LJ and do it the easy way. Welcome to the NBA today. I look forward to kicking his ass!

You said this too me.

Are you the SG the Bulls have been looking for?

I joked......

Unfortunately, I'm a PF in a 6'3" body. Which is probably why I played LB instead.

Then, your clever remark was...

So you wont actually be kicking anyones ass then.

Then I played along with your trolling self.

Feel free to give it a try when you want. Put it this way, I wouldn't bet on your Boy LJ against me. He pussy in my book. In a fight, I'd kick his ass. At basketball, not so much.

Then you said this as if you had one an argument or something. You didn't say anything, man.

The interwebz is strong with you

very rich stuff.

The bottom line is you are just another troll that like to follow me around and try to bait me. I get tired of your trolling in 5 minutes!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Follow you around? NO. I just post in the same threads as you and happen to notice you acting like a moron in every single one of them. You said you cant wait to kick his ass. My responses are telling you that you do not play on the Bulls, hence having zero merit in saying "I cant wait to kick his ass". Then saying so you wont be kicking anyone's ass, that equals me trying to fight you? Again, you said "after all, you wanted to challenge me to a fight" and once again i ask you

SOURCE?

I know you like forums because you're most likely some neglected child who no one wanted to hear from, but there comes a point where you just need to shut your mouth and let the men talk. Go sit at the children's table and if you play nice, i'll have CODE bring you over a piece of cake when you're done eating your vegetables.

czman

Liked Posts:

I think we spoke to soon.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
so yeah it seems like Ray Allen is sorta hesitating joining the Cavs although hes probably waiting for them to get Love

but i wonder if they could sell him on reuniting with thibs? dude would complete the roster perfectly

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Naptastic

Liked Posts:

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Cleveland can have Allen FAIC but hopefully Marion doesn't go there.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Cleveland should call up Shaq too and see if he's got 1 more year left in him.