Lovie Smith Hired as Tampa Bays New Coach [merged]

cobbland

Liked Posts:
I'm just curious, when you watched all those games where Charles Tillman dominated Calvin Johnson aka Megatron, what coverage was Tillman in against Megatron?

Tillman ignored Lovie's gameplan and played man coverage on Calvin Johnson since Lovie didn't make adjustments and was too stubborn to play to someone's strength.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weirdly I heard on Sirius NFL that Tampa might hire Angelo as well. That would be a big mistake.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Yeah - the Glazer family really should do their homework and consult this board before they make such foolish mistakes.

Sent from somewhere somehow

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Yeah - the Glazer family really should do their homework and consult this board before they make such foolish mistakes.

Sent from somewhere somehow

Nah, all they have to do is look at the Bears offensive ineptitude during his stint with the Bears.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah, all they have to do is look at the Bears offensive ineptitude during his stint with the Bears.

Because no one ever learns from their mistakes the second time around. Don't know what the Pats ever hired Bill Bellichek after he was fired by the Browns.

GChoc

Liked Posts:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 6m

The Bucs are hiring Lovie Smith to be their new head coach, two sides are finalizing the contract tonight
Expand

notyaPretlaW43

Liked Posts:
Per Jay Glazer, @JayGlazer: The Bucs are hiring Lovie Smith to be their new head coach, two sides are finalizing the contract tonight

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the Bucs were offensive juggernauts this year under Shitano.

Which is why it should be a top priority for them to find out what Lovie's plan is on offense. Ask him why all the troubles on offense during his stint with the Bears, why couldn't he find a good coordinator after 9 years etc. It's possible Lovie has learned from his mistakes, but because of his offensive troubles with the Bears, I'd expect teams to approach him with some trepidation. He got fired because he couldn't build an offense, and that's a bag he has to carry around until he proves otherwise.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
Lovie's back.

Lovie's back.

Lovie's back.

tumblr_mok12v0v9W1qhnfryo1_500-1.gif

tumblr_mjl5nmwQmX1r9uuuso2_500.gif

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Good for Lovie, I wish him well ( except 1 week next year when I hope he gets his ass handed to him).

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Lovie and the Bucs have a deal for 4 years. Guess now we'll see some movement on the Bears roster heading south.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Lovie and the Bucs have a deal for 4 years. Guess now we'll see some movement on the Bears roster heading south.
Congrats to Lovie.

I can see Peppers being cut & heading there, Briggs being traded there, and possibly Peanut (if we don't re-sign him).

Darkman

Liked Posts:
Bucs at Bears should be interesting next year.