Lovie Smith Hired as Tampa Bays New Coach [merged]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All of those people? Who are you talking about? From what I have seen around here is that nearly everyone thought he would be head coach again.

Lol, umm no there were plenty of people at the start of the year who thought he wouldn't. There was a thread about it when he was first fired.

At this point in his career, Peppers is a drop off, not an improvement.

Peppers still had 7 sacks which is more than both of the Bucs starting DEs and that's while playing with absolute shit on the DL. Playing next to McCoy and as a backup mostly on passing downs may help him. Again, his issue is we needed him to be a star which Lovie wouldn't need him to be one in Tampa.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thread is still up and total bullshit created by the writer with in-congruent quotes.

Maybe but since we aren't in the playoffs, it's something to talk about if we pretend or assume it is true.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So I saw that TB is thinking about bringing in Jerry Angelo and/or Tim Ruskell as GM to team with Lovie and Rod. WTF! That's like saying, "You know that Hootie and the Blowfish, they really weren't half bad. It would be great if they got back together and put some of the same old stuff together."

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Winning 4 more games than you lost is still being a winner. It simply doesn't matter as much if you don't make the playoffs.
It doesn't matter at all actually. The only significance is a lower draft pick in the first round.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter at all actually. The only significance is a lower draft pick in the first round.

Well it probably matters in terms of momentum or morale but the point is it is still winning to be over .500 whether it matters or not.