Lovie Smith Hired as Tampa Bays New Coach [merged]

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Lovie had a winning record and a Super Bowl appearance. Lovie was a winner his final season. I'll be quite honest that I wanted Lovie to leave Chicago. He's a good coach. Go Bucs!
No, he wasn't a winner his last year. He could have went 11-5 and it still wouldn't have mattered if he didn't make the playoffs, which he didn't.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, he wasn't a winner his last year. He could have went 11-5 and it still wouldn't have mattered if he didn't make the playoffs, which he didn't.

Winning 4 more games than you lost is still being a winner. It simply doesn't matter as much if you don't make the playoffs.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What the hell are you talking about?

The Burning Bear

Liked Posts:
Jerry Angelo is a candidate for the the Bucs' GM spot... Lovie and Angelo are probably friends but, for Lovie's sake I really hope Angelo doesn't get hired. Would really suck for him to finally look like he's put together a good staff and then have JA blow the whole thing again.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Lovie's bringin back Rod as DC, being reported now.. That's good news for Bears, hopefully they can reel in Frazier.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Congrats to Lovie. Guess all those people who thought he was stupid for refusing to be a DC this year and said he would never be a HC again were wrong. That NFC South is a tough division so will be interesting to see if he can succeed going up against the Saints, Rivera in Carolina, and the Falcons.

All of those people? Who are you talking about? From what I have seen around here is that nearly everyone thought he would be head coach again.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I'm sure the Tampa media is excited. Grown men love getting talked to like children by coaches at media sessions

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Well, looking at that defense, they have enough stud pieces at each level (McCoy, David, Revis) that bringing in a Tillman (CB or FS), Jennings, Briggs, or Peppers for cheap make be a good improvement. The problem we had is we were relying on those guys to be the stars while Lovie would be relying on them to just complement existing stars.
At this point in his career, Peppers is a drop off, not an improvement.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
One thing no one is considering here is that Lovie had a while lot more to work with at this point in Tampa. Decent line , strong running game and good receivers. Find a qb or develop Glennon and that team is scary good.

Sent from somewhere somehow

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Congrats to Lovie, I didn't think he would get a HC job right out the gate. Seems like a similar situation like he had when he came to Chicago.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Congrats to Lovie, I didn't think he would get a HC job right out the gate. Seems like a similar situation like he had when he came to Chicago.

I'm not surprised, I thought he would be picked up quickly this year. It will be interesting to see what his staff looks like on the O. I'm just glad he didn't end up in Detroit, that team just needs discipline and it should be a solid team.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Lovie is a great fit for the Bucs, but a terrible decision from an organizational standpoint. Hiring a HC before a GM is a real mistake and the Bucs will eventually regret it. They are establishing an inverted power structure that can only be dysfunctional.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I'm not surprised, I thought he would be picked up quickly this year. It will be interesting to see what his staff looks like on the O. I'm just glad he didn't end up in Detroit, that team just needs discipline and it should be a solid team.

I'm not totally surprised, I just thought he would have ended up as a DC somewhere first. I agree on him not going to Detroit...if that defense/team could be a little more disciplined, they could be very dangerous. Tampa has a good defense already and if Glennon can improve on his rookie year that offense may end up better than what he had here in Chicago. We'll see if Tedford is better than the OC's he had here.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was talking about the other thing we were talking about in the thread that got merged in all of here about Costanzo saying some of the vets didn't buy into Trestman. Mutiny was just hyperbole.

And the Briggs quote just sounds like nostaglia not someone really upset someone is gone. Again, the topic being discussed were the articles about people not buying in to Trestman and I was saying after Rivera left, Lovie still had complete control of the locker room.

Thread is still up and total bullshit created by the writer with in-congruent quotes.