Lovie Smith Hired as Tampa Bays New Coach [merged]

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Tillman, Hester, Jennings end up in Tampa.

Hester, as WR? I'd make that trade as long as they promise to use him as WR.

I think I'd have to try to sign Tillman to see if we could get a trade now.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Anyone wonder if they would be interested in trading for Briggs if Lance is unhappy with things here?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure I'm really worried about an aged defense wanting to jump ship to play for Lovie.

Well, looking at that defense, they have enough stud pieces at each level (McCoy, David, Revis) that bringing in a Tillman (CB or FS), Jennings, Briggs, or Peppers for cheap make be a good improvement. The problem we had is we were relying on those guys to be the stars while Lovie would be relying on them to just complement existing stars.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So important question. Are we going to get a permanent Lovie/Bucs thread so that all the inevitable comparisons and shit storms that will ensure next year can be contained in one place?

Get your nooses ready!

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Phil had a lot of shit to fix when he got here and he's done just about all of it in a timely manner. Unfortunately, this isn't Madden where you just trade for and pick up whomever you want, whenever you want.

What did he fix last season? I'd say the WR position was the only one he attacked sufficiently and Alshon and Earl were both hurt (not Phil's fault) so we didnt get the full benefit of his effort.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would hate a guy who's about to overtake my team as the best team in the division for the foreseeable future as well you miserable fuck.

What have you been drinking? The guy vaccinates his team of success. He took a 10-6 team and couldn't make the playoffs. An 8-7-1 team won his division. Boy oh boy, yeah, quite afraid of your Wonka boy. But he does have that Lawn Jart Toss to Jeffery Play perfected. I'll give him that.

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
You think Lovie would take Wright Conte and Podlish?

marines1

Liked Posts:
kg2qvsv.jpg

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
What did he fix last season? I'd say the WR position was the only one he attacked sufficiently and Alshon and Earl were both hurt (not Phil's fault) so we didnt get the full benefit of his effort.

Yea that whole O-line and TE thing was just a byproduct of fixing the WR position...:obama:

Neolithic

Liked Posts:
Going to be interesting watching a Lovie Defense that doesn't have a HoF MLB to patrol the middle 20 handle a division with 3 top level pass catching TE's.

The Bucs have some nice pieces on D, but they will be torched down the middle unless they find someone to patrol that middle like Urlacher did here.

I suppose I don't really care how well it goes, though if it turns into a trainwreck, that will make for more news to watch people freak out over, and start the "Lovie hater/lover" war up again. :p

Honestly, I didn't see him getting another HC gig, but, the problems with predictions are...sometimes you are wrong. If they get Angelo back there too, I'll have to watch what happens, just because. :p

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I didn't see him getting another HC gig, but, the problems with predictions are...sometimes you are wrong. If they get Angelo back there too, I'll have to watch what happens, just because. :p

Lovie had a winning record and a Super Bowl appearance. Lovie was a winner his final season. I'll be quite honest that I wanted Lovie to leave Chicago. He's a good coach. Go Bucs!

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hope TB fans enjoy Lovie's monosyllabic press conferences.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
Lovie's back.

Lovie's back.

Lovie's back.

People are dancing in the streets.

The 2014 season got a lot more exciting.

tumblr_mt93pcgzUm1qkoopko1_400.gif

tumblr_m7hrekb1iT1qee6tdo1_500.gif

160y8fk.jpg

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lovie's back.

Lovie's back.

Lovie's back.

160y8fk.jpg

[video=youtube;CdvITn5cAVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdvITn5cAVc[/video]

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Lovie's back.

Lovie's back.

Lovie's back.

160y8fk.jpg

[video=youtube;r0MrKN2Tz5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0MrKN2Tz5A[/video]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Going to be interesting watching a Lovie Defense that doesn't have a HoF MLB to patrol the middle 20 handle a division with 3 top level pass catching TE's.

The Bucs have some nice pieces on D, but they will be torched down the middle unless they find someone to patrol that middle like Urlacher did here.

I suppose I don't really care how well it goes, though if it turns into a trainwreck, that will make for more news to watch people freak out over, and start the "Lovie hater/lover" war up again. :p

You could see Lovie go after Briggs to play the deep middle as a move to the middle for Briggs had been speculated over the years. That or draft a MLB with their 1st or 2nd round pick although I think they may be one of the teams that possibly would target Clowney in the first round to pair with McCoy.

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Band aids : Chilo Richal, rookie Pfree Agent James Brown, Street Free Agent Scott as end of the year starter while sure fire prospect DeCastro was on the board. There had to be free agents or get able players out there. He blew a once a decade defense.
No, that was Angelo.