LSU pro day: Daniels who? Poles sees Nabers and BT, jr.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I know I’ve been saying that it seems that Verse is the pick at 9. However, in the most recent PFF mock, they were discussing how these Edges aren’t as good as other years.

Brian Thomas, Jr. had a crazy good day at LSU’s pro day. You know who got ignored? Jayden Daniels. Poles is good with Prince CeeDubz. There will be no trading back from 1. Whoever thinks that shit’s a possibility needs to flush.

I digress. I’m thinking more and more that a slight trade back at 9 and acquiring BT, Jr. is a very good possibility.

They got a real good look at my dude Maason Smith. Make it happen!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know I’ve been saying that it seems that Verse is the pick at 9. However, in the most recent PFF mock, they were discussing how these Edges aren’t as good as other years.

Brian Thomas, Jr. had a crazy good day at LSU’s pro day. You know who got ignored? Jayden Daniels. Poles is good with Prince CeeDubz. There will be no trading back from 1. Whoever thinks that shit’s a possibility needs to flush.

I digress. I’m thinking more and more that a slight trade back at 9 and acquiring BT, Jr. is a very good possibility.

They got a real good look at my dude Maason Smith. Make it happen!

Happy that I can like your posts again.;):ROFLMAO:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t see it playing out that way, but bumrush the podium if that’s the case.
Not so sure. It depends on whats still there and how far you need to move. I posted elsewhere regarding enough balls to go around if we draft a WR that early and the Bear plan to extend our other guys. Makes a small trade down viable if we can get a 2 out of it and more overall help for the team.

Last edited:

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Nabers is there you run to the podium. I don't trust Allen to stay healthy and he's not getting extended for long. For a rookie to be able to learn from Moore and Allen is unheard of while still being able to get plenty of PT. Even if Allen walks in FA, we get a comp pick back in 2026 that's equal to what we gave up. We literally rented him for a year at that point to help our rookie QB have a top 10 WR in the game. What a move by Poles!

Edit- Basically if Allen or Moore go down (Allen hasn't played a full year in quite a while), we have NOTHING at WR behind them.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
with nabber having a good pro day i dont see him falling, he will likely be 1st or 2nd off the board for WR's...the only thing that will drop him is poor interviews.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I am torn between Odunze or Nabers being there....I think a QB hungry team will trade up and a WR will fall.
It could play out like this:
1.) qb
2.) qb
3.) qb
4.) WR1 — this is either Nabers or MHJ. It could also be Alt.
5.) qb 4 or OT 1 or 2
6.) WR2
7.) OT
8.) EDGE!
9.) with this play out, I see it as Verse. As good as Odunze would be, I don’t see us taking the 4th option or fifth if you include Swift at pick 9 when such a valuable position is available.

Now, suppose a team offers a second to move up and draft Penix. I could see Vegas doing this. With Verse gone, Brian Thomas, Jr., or an IOL become the targets. I’m so good with either JPJ or Graham Barton. I’d even consider DB1! Maybe grab a DT like Newton.

But, at 9, I still think it’s Verse.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I am torn between Odunze or Nabers being there....I think a QB hungry team will trade up and a WR will fall.
Yeah seems about as much of a lock as it can be that some team will trade up for JJ McCarthy and 4 QB's will go in the top 8.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
MHJ, Nabers, Joe Alt or trade out. We still need way too much in the trenches for what little picks we have.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
1.) qb
2.) qb
3.) qb
5.) qb 4 or OT 1 or 2
6.) WR2
7.) OT
8.) EDGE!
9.) with this play out, I see it as Verse. As good as Odunze would be, I don’t see us taking the 4th option or fifth if you include Swift at pick 9 when such a valuable position is available.

Now, suppose a team offers a second to move up and draft Penix. I could see Vegas doing this. With Verse gone, Brian Thomas, Jr., or an IOL become the targets. I’m so good with either JPJ or Graham Barton. I’d even consider DB1! Maybe grab a DT like Newton.

Teams will be calling the Jets who sit at pick #10 before they call the Bears for a trade up since it'll obviously cost them less to go to 10 than it will to go to 9. I don't see a team trading up for Penix but who knows.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1.) qb
2.) qb
3.) qb
5.) qb 4 or OT 1 or 2
6.) WR2
7.) OT
8.) EDGE!

Depends on medicals. Latu is a perfect fit but may not be viable that high due to his neck. He's the best edge in this draft.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
1.) qb
2.) qb
3.) qb
5.) qb 4 or OT 1 or 2
6.) WR2
7.) OT
8.) EDGE!

Are you assuming that someone moves up to #5 to take a QB?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Before FA, I wanted Odunze to fit the big player roll, now, Nabers is the better fit.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think pro days are over-rated by fans and the media.

Yes it is nice to see them healthy, but the body of work vs competition is more important to scouts.