LSU pro day: Daniels who? Poles sees Nabers and BT, jr.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I wish Alt would make it, but he’s not getting past TN. I think Verse will be the pick.

I dont know too much about Fashanu, except his pass pro is good but his stock has been falling for some reason.

I also think he and Williams were HS teammates.
A lot of why Fashanu is falling is that he has really, abnormally small hands. It explains some of the issues that he has had blocking in the past. I wouldn't be mad at him being taken at 9, can't say I'm a fan, though.

Bust

Liked Posts:
DAMAGED GOODS. PASS. CALEB IT IS

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know I’ve been saying that it seems that Verse is the pick at 9. However, in the most recent PFF mock, they were discussing how these Edges aren’t as good as other years.

Brian Thomas, Jr. had a crazy good day at LSU’s pro day. You know who got ignored? Jayden Daniels. Poles is good with Prince CeeDubz. There will be no trading back from 1. Whoever thinks that shit’s a possibility needs to flush.

I digress. I’m thinking more and more that a slight trade back at 9 and acquiring BT, Jr. is a very good possibility.

They got a real good look at my dude Maason Smith. Make it happen!

edge is pretty good imho

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Nabers is a beast on tape. It's a very hard choice between he and MHJ. Both will likely be very good pros.

Bust

Liked Posts:
When it's all said and done. Who will be this drafts Paku Nacua (Rich Strike) and end up dominating the field . . . hmmmmmmmm

rip arlington racetrack

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you think the guy (nabers) that many reports have teams saying they think is the top WR will fall and not odunze?
Yes. I’ve seen some mocks where he falls. People overestimating what GMs value put on pro days.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Here's a question: if for whatever reason the Cards trade down, and MHJ is available at 5 or 6, would you trade up for him?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Yes, I think he is a future pro-bowler/all-pro

Is this really the top 10 wr's from #ohiostate? The high scoring offense with all those athletes?

Do you think that school is way overrated when the only name brand in the last 10+ seasons out of the primo O-positions that is living up to their draft status is CJ Stroud? hmmmm

not my list . . . only the messenger

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes. I’ve seen some mocks where he falls. People overestimating what GMs value put on pro days.
I actually think Nabers was always high. The only reason mocks showed him drop was cause Odunze had a good combine. So really, the comment on the value of the pro day also applies to Odunze’s good combine.

But Nabers has always been the favorite to be the 2nd drafted WR. And if he had a HOF dad like the guy ahead of him, I think the conversation for best in the draft would be a lot closer than we’re fed.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's a question: if for whatever reason the Cards trade down, and MHJ is available at 5 or 6, would you trade up for him?
Depends on who is on the board and the cost to move up. To be less ambiguous, I’d be ok with with MHJ or Nabers and I’d not want to pay a premium to have to choose between them. I’d rather trade up for the guy who gets passed on. Assuming one is already gone at 5/6, I’d consider it for a future something… based on trade charts, it looks like it would ultimately cost us a future first or second. First would be way too expensive for a couple slots to me (up to pick 5). I’d probably do our 2025 2nd to move to 6 though. Not sure if that’s enough or maybe it’s too much… trade chart value is close though.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If it costs the Bears their own second next year and Miami’s sixth for 2025, sure. The Bears have 2 seconds and 2 sixes.

The swap, a 2nd, and a sixth for MHJ? Yes, please.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually think Nabers was always high. The only reason mocks showed him drop was cause Odunze had a good combine. So really, the comment on the value of the pro day also applies to Odunze’s good combine.

But Nabers has always been the favorite to be the 2nd drafted WR. And if he had a HOF dad like the guy ahead of him, I think the conversation for best in the draft would be a lot closer than we’re fed.
Its absolutely a possibility he goes very early. I think it comes down to if there is a lot of activity for QBs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
based on mocks? lnteresting
At the end of the day I think it comes down to how many QB needy teams trade up in front of the Bears.

People have been mocking WRs to NY and I think that is doubtful. It also would require Arizona to trade back significantly enough.

A few things have to fall in place, but I think either Odunze or Nabers fall to Bears.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think Odunze is a physically gifted red zone receiver that will be highly coveted in the NFL

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
People like Jayden Daniels because he is the exact same QB as Justin Fields. I dislike Justin Fields because he did all of the same things in the NFL that I saw Jayden Daniels do in college. Jayden Daniels was elevated by two NFL level WRs one who is a Top-5 talent and the other who is a first round talent. LSU elevated Jayden Daniels, Jayden Daniels didn't elevate LSU.

Jayden Daniels will be a massive bust in the NFL whose stock rose because of your hype he earned from winning the Heisman trophy. JJ McCarthy's stock went up because he won a national championship.

Michigan had 18 players invited to the NFL Combine à record number.

Hype is everything in getting a player drafted at the top of the first and boosting s player's stock.

There is no hype for Drake Maye because he didn't do enough for his critics. Maye had no help me had no hype. He didn't win enough games he didn't play well enough against the best teams.

Yet somehow after so obviously being the 1A behind Caleb Williams for two years now in four months he's faltered? Don't believe the hype.