LSU pro day: Daniels who? Poles sees Nabers and BT, jr.

CalebsFingerNails

Liked Posts:
People like Jayden Daniels because he is the exact same QB as Justin Fields. I dislike Justin Fields because he did all of the same things in the NFL that I saw Jayden Daniels do in college. Jayden Daniels was elevated by two NFL level WRs one who is a Top-5 talent and the other who is a first round talent. LSU elevated Jayden Daniels, Jayden Daniels didn't elevate LSU.

Jayden Daniels will be a massive bust in the NFL whose stock rose because of your hype he earned from winning the Heisman trophy. JJ McCarthy's stock went up because he won a national championship.

Michigan had 18 players invited to the NFL Combine à record number.

Hype is everything in getting a player drafted at the top of the first and boosting s player's stock.

There is no hype for Drake Maye because he didn't do enough for his critics. Maye had no help me had no hype. He didn't win enough games he didn't play well enough against the best teams.

Yet somehow after so obviously being the 1A behind Caleb Williams for two years now in four months he's faltered? Don't believe the hype.
Caleb>everyone else

norton63

Liked Posts:
I’m okay with Odunze. Really, I am. There really isn’t much of a positional value difference between WR and DE. I think the question is use value: would the fourth or fifth target on our offense be worth as much as a starting rush end?

Yes, it is a question about talent. I can be persuaded that Odunze is a better player than Verse is. Fine. Also, I will NOT be upset if we snag Odunze. Personally, I’d rather trade back a bit and grab Brian Thomas, jr. Instead if we were to go WR. But, again, I’m nit picking.
And Nabors is a better wr than Odunze.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Depends on medicals. Latu is a perfect fit but may not be viable that high due to his neck. He's the best edge in this draft.
I've changed to Verse as my personal #1.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Unless Nabers has some sort of Carter-like fiasco before the draft, he will be long gone by #9

If Poles is going WR, and not trading up, I'd rather him take Odunze at #9. Also, I wouldn't be mad at them trading down in the 3rd, and picking up Brenden Rice.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
1711955535933.png

Ryan Poles, and Eberflus, just got rid of someone with the same skillset. Hell, they fired EVERY member of the offensive staff, except the Offensive Line coach. There's no quicker way for Poles/Flus to get fired, than doing this.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Who cares what riddick has to say, he's another goober who works for views now.

The only person who people should listen to is Hub Arkush, who has JJ mcarthy as his best QB and thinks the bears should trade down from 1 and take him.

His 2nd QB? Drake Maye! Notice a pattern for our old man hub arkush? And this guy gets a fucking yearly award vote in the NFL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The more I see of Daniels, the more I like him but CW>JD. Maye could be #4 by the time this is over.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LSU has a couple decent DT’s too. Don’t know if they worked out as well

Yogi

Liked Posts:
Summarizing Daniels's game tape red flags from the bigger analysis breakdown guys like Kurt Warner, JT O'Sull, Chris Simms, Brett Kollmann, and others:

• Only makes half-field reads
  • Doesn't throw to the middle of the field (at the lowest rate of all recently drafted QBs except for Fields)
  • Doesn't create his own plays or ad lib outside of running if 1st and 2nd read are covered
  • When Pressured:
    • Runs half the time
    • Passes a quarter of the time
    • Gets sacked the other quarter of the time (which is basically double the rate of "acceptable" qb'ing)

Louis Riddick or Dan Orlovsky liking his Pro Day moves the needle on exactly zero of these.

Meanwhile, these are all strengths of Caleb's to the point of being considered one of the best ever at the college level in each of them.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So to recap Louis Riddick had the Bears winning the Super Bowl with Mitch Trubisky.

"I believe in ball control," Riddick said. "I believe in running the football. I believe on being multiple on offense and I believe in playing stifling defense with good special teams."

So Riddick believes in playing Marty Ball. Marty Schottenheimer went 5-13 in the playoffs. You can beat mediocre and bad teams by playing Marty Ball but you will never win a Super Bowl.

Last edited:

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:

Yeah, I'm hoping he's going to have pie on his face. The idea that he thought Stroud was #1 QB last year and that means he should be listened to is pretty dumb. I'm going to put my faith in Poles. I just don't want him to make the same mistake Pace made by seemingly letting his confirmation bias about Mitch rule the day and, again seemingly not look hard enough at the other guys as well as the negatives with Mitch for that matter.

I know that's an insanely simplistic way to look at it, all I'm saying is that I hope Poles doesn't make up his mind too early, hope he give a good, hard look at the others. Cause if he misses with Williams and we have to watch one of these other guys like Daniels excel, I think Chi will implode on itself.

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:

The only person who people should listen to is Hub Arkush, who has JJ mcarthy as his best QB and thinks the bears should trade down from 1 and take him.

His 2nd QB? Drake Maye! Notice a pattern for our old man hub arkush? And this guy gets a fucking yearly award vote in the NFL.
If I recall Riddick predicted Trubisky would be the 2019 NFL MVP. That not only cancels his opinion now it should have gotten him fired on the spot back then

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
It's nice to know bears will have a qb who can get the ball to any receiver of any skill set.

Like I would not be as excited about the possibility of Nabers with Fields because I know he would rarely have the accuracy to hit him in stride

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I'm hoping he's going to have pie on his face. The idea that he thought Stroud was #1 QB last year and that means he should be listened to is pretty dumb. I'm going to put my faith in Poles. I just don't want him to make the same mistake Pace made by seemingly letting his confirmation bias about Mitch rule the day and, again seemingly not look hard enough at the other guys as well as the negatives with Mitch for that matter.

I know that's an insanely simplistic way to look at it, all I'm saying is that I hope Poles doesn't make up his mind too early, hope he give a good, hard look at the others. Cause if he misses with Williams and we have to watch one of these other guys like Daniels excel, I think Chi will implode on itself.
1/2 of everyone had Stroud as #1, including the Panthers staff, LOL.