Luongo Talks Blackhawks Or Panthers As Destinations

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're a meatball if you wouldn't want Lou over the crap we have.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You and Dews laugh, yet those benchings are the evidence of why Luongo in net is far from a re-assurance for the Hawks ... or any team. Again, he's an upgrade over Crawford, no one here is disputing that.

And Crawford only got 2.4 goals/game of support in this recent postseason, so are you going to tell me that series wasn't his fault, either?
Most goslies are as good as the team in front of them. Only a selected few can really steal games.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Most goslies are as good as the team in front of them. Only a selected few can really steal games.

If you say this then I don't understand why you'd be in favor of trading for a goalie with as big of a cap hit as Luongo.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
:/ - One thing I think is relevant is that Vancouver's coach seems to have some issues with coaching ... in that he isn't all that good at it -some of those goalie pulls are likely to have been a result of that.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
The reason Luongo hasn't won a cup - he's played for three shitty teams. End of story.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Teams so shitty that they won back-to-back President's Trophies?

And I'm sure the goalie had nothing to do with that team being shitty, eh?

You can't have it both ways. Luongo is a big part of their (regular season, mainly) success but also a big part of their (postseason, mainly) failures.

ChitwnRyan60452

@Chitown_Ryan
Liked Posts:
If the Chicago Bulls have taught us anything, it is that regular season wins mean nothing.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah the Canucks are really good in the regular season. Look at the teams they play the most tho, Minnesota, Colorado, Edmonton, and Calgary. the only player to show up for the Canucks vs the kings was henrik sedin. Luongo is one of the guys who can steal you some games.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Teams so shitty that they won back-to-back President's Trophies?

And I'm sure the goalie had nothing to do with that team being shitty, eh?

You can't have it both ways. Luongo is a big part of their (regular season, mainly) success but also a big part of their (postseason, mainly) failures.

And despite all of that, I'd rather take a chance on Roberto Luongo over Corey Crawford.

I'd like a tandem of Luongo/Crawford. It's not the Blackhawks will be trading Kane Bolland etc. for him.

Luongo>>Crawford.

The fact that all the Blackhawks would have to do mainly is absorb salary, I don't see the problem in acquiring Luongo.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For my no shit Sherlock statement of the day: If the Blackhawks had Quick or King Henrik I'd (we'd) feel a lot differently about the goalie situation.

I think at the end of the day there's two things I like about acquiring Luongo.

1. It shouldn't require the Blackhawks to lose a lot of talent

2. He's better than who the Blackhawks currently have.

Sure he has a big contract and may have faltered in the playoffs before. I guess I'd compare Luongo to Joe Johnson of the NBA, a great player with a bad contract, but just isn't the shutdown player like Quick or LeBron is.

Luongo playing with Keith and Seabrook in front of him for ~23 minutes a night would help immensely.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
For my no shit Sherlock statement of the day: If the Blackhawks had Quick or King Henrik I'd (we'd) feel a lot differently about the goalie situation.

I think at the end of the day there's two things I like about acquiring Luongo.

1. It shouldn't require the Blackhawks to lose a lot of talent

2. He's better than who the Blackhawks currently have.

Sure he has a big contract and may have faltered in the playoffs before. I guess I'd compare Luongo to Joe Johnson of the NBA, a great player with a bad contract, but just isn't the shutdown player like Quick or LeBron is.

Luongo playing with Keith and Seabrook in front of him for ~23 minutes a night would help immensely.

Really different situations though.

I'd be fine with taking Luongo, but it better be for the right price and a bunch of other things have to happen.

Luongo's killer isn't his cap hit, it is the length of his contract. Absolutely ridiculous for a goaltender that is 33 years old. A big risk.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'd be fine with taking Luongo, but it better be for the right price and a bunch of other things have to happen.

Luongo's killer isn't his cap hit, it is the length of his contract. Absolutely ridiculous for a goaltender that is 33 years old. A big risk.

A lot of ifs are still in the play with the new CBA pending, but what if the Blackhawks could stash Luongo in Rockford at the end of his deal?

Would that change your view on the contract?

I mean I would hope if Stan trades Hjalmerson for Luongo or whoever he trades, that it wouldn't be it, that he'd find players to fill those needs.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

That length is the only reason that you can get him without giving up real talent back. He is only make real money through age 38, still a risk, but not as big. He could be sent away pretty painlessly in those final four years to take care of the cap hit unless I am mistaken.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
A lot of ifs are still in the play with the new CBA pending, but what if the Blackhawks could stash Luongo in Rockford at the end of his deal?

Would that change your view on the contract?

I mean I would hope if Stan trades Hjalmerson for Luongo or whoever he trades, that it wouldn't be it, that he'd find players to fill those needs.

The whole thinking with signing these players to contracts that will likely be past their playing days is that they retire and you lose the cap hit.

The one nice thing about possibly stashing him is that you lose the cap hit and only have to pay him the salary, which will be a whole lot less than the cap hit.

The issue I have with taking on a Luongo with the thought of stashing him towards the end, is that it is basically 10 years away. So much can change that it is a huge gamble to take right now. Maybe too big of a risk, especially with the way the NHL has been trying to crack down on these contracts that attempt to circumvent the cap.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone please enlighten me on what I've been missing the last couple of seasons. A lot of you are saying Luongo will be better here because the Hawks defense is so much better...really, really? Isn't that the same defense that doesn't clear rebounds, the same one that refuses to put a body on anyone? The same one that has more turnovers than Pepperidge Farm? The one that forced a signing of two very ordinary defensemen as an "improvement"? The one where only an elite few forwards ever back check? The one with near the bottom of the league penalty killing? Is that the defense that's going to make Luongo "better" than he was in Vancouver? Wow....I missed that.

Damn, I need to pay more attention.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
headcase lol. wow

Sent from my Asshole using Tapatalk

Did we already forget what he's done in about say.. like half a decade of playoff exits.

The guy self destructs.

I don't want his ass here.

End of story.