Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. St. Louis Cardinals
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't think the Bears should draft a QB in the first round even though we need a good one. But if the Bears feel they need to draft a QB it should be Mac Jones.

He is extremely underrated off a Heisman level season at Alabama, and yes Alabama Qb's have it easy. But I have never, ever seen a college QB with the consistency and accuracy on the deep ball that MAC Jones showed this season. I think he could be on the same level as Stafford, or Matt Ryan in their primes if the Bears got him a solid supporting cast.

I'm not sold on Wilson, Fields and the others outside of TLAW who's clearly number 1

jonimus

Liked Posts:
I'm on board.

I'm also on board of don't give up any significant draft capital for a free agent QB outside of Watson (who I don't believe is a real option.) Significant draft capital = 5th round or better.

I would prefer to sign trubisky to a cheap 1-2 year deal than gift up draft capital for a QB that's unlikely to produce better than Trubisky. Sign Trubisky and draft a QB. Don't force a QB in round 1 unless it's there.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm on board.

I'm also on board of don't give up any significant draft capital for a free agent QB outside of Watson (who I don't believe is a real option.) Significant draft capital = 5th round or better.

I would prefer to sign trubisky to a cheap 1-2 year deal than gift up draft capital for a QB that's unlikely to produce better than Trubisky. Sign Trubisky and draft a QB. Don't force a QB in round 1 unless it's there.

Exactly......especially a Qb who doesn't fit the OL

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya ive been saying i think he will end up the 2nd best qb this draft. And thats just assuming lawrence is 1 bc he’s the only one i havent really watched

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I hope the bears can get jones. It might require a trade up, but we know pace loves trading up for qbs. Hope it happens.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Damn where did all this M.Jones love come from? I remember CCS hating on him cause he's not mobile not even 3 weeks ago. I know i've been a fan for a long while so it wouldn't bother me at all if we took our shot on him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...

I have a feeling after all is said and done the Bears will be lucky to draft the 5th best QB at 20 without a trade up. 4 could go before 13 so it might be costly.

It might be Mahomes that is making teams more desperate than ever for an unreasonable expectation at QB.

Ryan BearDown

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. St. Louis Cardinals
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jones is the next Cade McNown. Not mobile and playing around tons of talent. If we trade up for Jones where does the OL help come from? Hed be another wasted talent. Might as well go all in on Wilson or Tray.
Why go in on Wilson or Tray when he's better than them. TLAW struggled mightily against Ohio State and Jones went off against them. Both Alabama and Clemson have amazing supporting casts

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why go in on Wilson or Tray when he's better than them. TLAW struggled mightily against Ohio State and Jones went off against them. Both Alabama and Clemson have amazing supporting casts

Grading QB's on the performance of 1 game each, even when it's against the same opponent, is the mother of all fuck-ups

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Jones is the next Cade McNown. Not mobile and playing around tons of talent. If we trade up for Jones where does the OL help come from? Hed be another wasted talent. Might as well go all in on Wilson or Tray.
Nah, Cade McNown was mobile and scrappy. Smaller QB. I actually saw a bunch of similarities between Johhny Manziel and Cade.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
The trend for mobile QBs could make him fall, but we’d need to upgrade our line significantly to give him a chance of succeeding.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nah, Cade McNown was mobile and scrappy. Smaller QB. I actually saw a bunch of similarities between Johhny Manziel and Cade.
Still remember the entitlement of McCown. First day of reporting to camp rookie year he pulls up an parks in the handicap zone and thought nothing of it