Mac Jones, second best QB in this draft class

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Lol bad take. Cade McNown was a full on asshat, in every sense of the word. This was a lazy and stupid comp
Guess we will see in a year or two. Speaking of lazy, most punters are in better shape than Jones. Look up his pedigree. Think thats gonna translate to a tough December game in Chicago?

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guess we will see in a year or two. Speaking of lazy, most punters are in better shape than Jones. Look up his pedigree. Think thats gonna translate to a tough December game in Chicago?

there was some satirical article (although actually based off real history so maybe thats not the right word) but it went into detail how the ‘ripped’ qbs (mitch compared to brady they used as one of several examples) end up as shitty qbs. So cmon down mac jones

edit: i have tried looking for it and no luck so if anyone else knows where to dig it up that’d be awesome.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I find it hilarious that so many people on this board think there will be 5 QB's taken before our 20th pick. That has happened one time in the last 22 years. Very slim chance that happens.

Not sure what drafts 10 or 20 years ago have to do with this draft? Fact is there’s a number of highly rated QBs and a number of teams that really need QBs. Obviously we won’t know until the draft what teams really think of the QBs.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Tom Brady looked like a punter too.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Not sure what drafts 10 or 20 years ago have to do with this draft? Fact is there’s a number of highly rated QBs and a number of teams that really need QBs. Obviously we won’t know until the draft what teams really think of the QBs.

It has happened one time in several years. Not difficult to understand.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Jones is the next Cade McNown. Not mobile and playing around tons of talent. If we trade up for Jones where does the OL help come from? Hed be another wasted talent. Might as well go all in on Wilson or Tray.

Naw Cade McNown actually had some agility (40 Yard Dash: 4.76 seconds. Jones 4.91. McNown Shuttle 4.28. Jones 4.33)
The problem is..... He'd just reached his ceiling at UCLA.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
there was some satirical article (although actually based off real history so maybe thats not the right word) but it went into detail how the ‘ripped’ qbs (mitch compared to brady they used as one of several examples) end up as shitty qbs. So cmon down mac jones

edit: i have tried looking for it and no luck so if anyone else knows where to dig it up that’d be awesome.
Jamarcus Russell says hello. Hey I like Jones as a player. I just have a hard time believing he is going to succeed behind this line. Nor do I think he is there at 20.

Look at Burrows... who do you all think compares similarly... gotta be Wilson.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
You think the NFL of 20 years ago is relevant to the NFL of today? Interesting
I think 5 QB's have never been taken in the first 20 picks even recently. The point is one of the top 5 will most likely be there at 20. Getting it through your head now???

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think 5 QB's have never been taken in the first 20 picks even recently. The point is one of the top 5 will most likely be there at 20. Getting it through your head now???

I don't care if it's never happened. Teams don't draft players based on historical trends for fucks sake. They draft players based on need and talent. And heading into the draft it looks like there is need and talent. Not one team will give a shit about historical trends.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't care if it's never happened. Teams don't draft players based on historical trends for fucks sake. They draft players based on need and talent. And heading into the draft it looks like there is need and talent. Not one team will give a shit about historical trends.
You could have just said "Nope, not getting it". That would have been easier.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Maybe, maybe not. It’s already been a crazy offseason regarding QBs and it could get even worse. This could be the year where 5 QBs do go within the first 20 picks.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe, maybe not. It’s already been a crazy offseason regarding QBs and it could get even worse. This could be the year where 5 QBs do go within the first 20 picks.

It's certainly possible, I just don't think probable.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Jamarcus Russell says hello. Hey I like Jones as a player. I just have a hard time believing he is going to succeed behind this line. Nor do I think he is there at 20.

Look at Burrows... who do you all think compares similarly... gotta be Wilson.

I just have a hard time believing he is going to succeed behind this line.

^^^^^^
this above is the bottom line.

During the NC game.....the announcers joked about how Jones doesn't like leaving the pocket. Then on one of the next plays, the pocket broke down and Jones looked like a old man on a cane stumbling for a few yards. ?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I will tell you this, it's either Watson or one of the top 5 QB's in the draft. If not, shit show...
For the Bears, I agree. But Pace still needs to draft a QB at some point in the draft.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
For the Bears, I agree. But Pace still needs to draft a QB at some point in the draft.

If he doesn't get Watson, I believe he'll get one of them. Trade up or not, depends who he wants. I don't mind starting Foles this season as long as one of those rookies is sitting behind him.