Make coaches fulfill their whole contracts.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Why can't they get another job or upgrade? You can sign a new contract when the old one is fulfilled. And the coach that signs the contact probably read it and understands how contracts work. Why would he be negatively affected at all? that makes no sense to me.
When someone is forced to do something that they do not want to do, they usually will respond negatively.

There is a multiverse of stuff that does not make sense to you, yet they exist.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Well you get brownie points!!!!

I’ll be sure to place some on your kindergarten star chart. If you get 25 stars, you get a free pizza at Chuckie Cheeses!
How come you can never give a adult answer? You post only makes you look stupid.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
When someone is forced to do something that they do not want to do, they usually will respond negatively.

There is a multiverse of stuff that does not make sense to you, yet they exist.
Ya lol but that does not apply to anything we talked about. No one is forcing anyone. Your post is one of the things that make no sense to me.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How come you can never give an adult answer? You post only makes you look stupid.
“You post.”

I don’t really put forward much effort into a response when the main topic is preposterous

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So no one, not one of you think this is bad and team killing? No one thinks that organizations that invest millions in a coach and then valuable draft picks to get him his players to run his system should expect or want a coach to fulfill his contract? OK then I asked, you answered.
I think the more logical thing here is that you're a fucking idiot.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
So if the Bears did this, why would any good coach want to come to Chicago if he was going to be locked out of advancements? If all teams did this, top coaches would sign a one year contract only, which also hinders continuity.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So if the Bears did this, why would any good coach want to come to Chicago if he was going to be locked out of advancements? If all teams did this, top coaches would sign a one year contract only, which also hinders continuity.
We've gone over both of those things with him. He just doesn't get it.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Ya lol but that does not apply to anything we talked about. No one is forcing anyone. Your post is one of the things that make no sense to me.
Being forced to stay when something much better is available is the force I am talking about.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I don't know what you are talking about.

Well, people in 1040 were different. The only 'actor' I could find was Lady Godiva who rode a horse while naked through the streets to protest high taxes. She 'acted' on her beliefs that the people should not be taxed so highly. Even there, her husband, the Earl of Mercia, could not force her to stay (in the castle) when he said, "You can't leave!".
I sign a contact every year. I am held responsible to fulfill my contract. I've never heard of anyone not.

Notice what I wrote and how you responded to it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, people in 1040 were different. The only 'actor' I could find was Lady Godiva who rode a horse while naked through the streets to protest high taxes. She 'acted' on her beliefs that the people should not be taxed so highly. Even there, her husband, the Earl of Mercia, could not force her to stay (in the castle) when he said, "You can't leave!".
She got robbed of the Oscar that year, but in typical Academy fashion they made it up giving her one in 1052.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The solution is to not have contracts. Free to leave for another opportunity but also can be fired at any time without a golden parachute. No different than how 99 % of other jobs are.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I imagine you are the only one that claims to be a capitalist but doesn't want people in a highly specialized field to benefit from their capital.
I fee like wanting employee contracts to be treated like unbreakable obligations for indentured servitude fits pretty squarely with a lot of libertarian capitalist thought LOL

Canth

Liked Posts:
Isn’t it literally written into the rules, and I would assume contracts, that NFL teams cannot block a coach from interviewing for any HC position within the NFL? As in, per league rules, teams cannot block that from happening and it was voted on by the owners.

Teams can and will block lateral moves to key assistants.

I cannot remember for coordinators, but I think the “main” coordinator positions got added to league rules that cannot be blocked.

In addition, teams cannot block a GM hire with the caveat that the position must include control of the roster to avoid the block.

These are all rules that were voted on and accepted by the owners.

So, what exactly is the question here?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Another case in point, before the Bears hired Ian Cunningham, teams could make front office changes basically whenever they wanted. But the Eagles were pissed he got hired away, so they introduced a new league rule that moves like that cannot happen until after the draft now. That was adopted so a similar move cannot be made now. Again, all per NFL rules voted on by the owners.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I think teams need to start holding coaches to their contracts. I don't think it's fair to bring in players a coach asks for and then said coach gets stolen away. You teach your guys a system and then leave for a better job leaving your old team screwed and changing systems again. If we sigh a OC to a 3 year contract and invest picks and money into getting him his guys then he needs to honer the contract he signed. He can get his promotion when his contract is done. This drives me crazy. Am I the only who feels this way?
It would be nice if things worked that way in all cases, sports and everywhere else but that ship has sailed long ago.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I sign a contact every year. I am held responsible to fulfill my contract. I've never heard of anyone not.
Jesus, man. You've been told numerous times that movement for promotion is in every asst coach and coordinator contract. The End.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Jesus, man. You've been told numerous times that movement for promotion is in every asst coach and coordinator contract. The End.
No fkn shit. Who did not know that? It's been that way forever. I said (only) in coaching. Only is the key word here.