Make coaches fulfill their whole contracts.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Jesus, man. You've been told numerous times that movement for promotion is in every asst coach and coordinator contract. The End.
It's impressive just how bad this thread is.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unless I'm misunderstanding, it sounds like the argument here is that contracts for coaches should be more like contracts for players.

An OC can sign a 4-year contract. But if he's offered a HC job (promotion) after 1 year, he's free to leave and take it.
A backup QB can sign a 4-year contract, but if another team offers them a starting QB job (promotion), he can't just up and leave unless the team trades or cuts him.

So it just sounds like a disagreement with how contracts are set up for coaches, which is a matter of opinion I guess.

If it WERE like that... it would be interesting. You'd either see coaches take only 1-2 year deals so they don't miss out on opportunities, or they'd take longer contracts but demand more money.

I'm personally fine with how it is. Coaches and players alike get shafted by team pretty often, so if a coach can leave for a better opportunity, then so be it.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I've called the OP an idiot multiple times on this board. I was told I was just calling him names. This post is proof that I wasn't. It's epically stupid.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I've called the OP an idiot multiple times on this board. I was told I was just calling him names. This post is proof that I wasn't. It's epically stupid.
And many have called you a idiot. I understand why. Internet tough guy who hates any opinion that is not his and there for must attack like a child. It's gotta be sad being you.