Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Because multiple reports came out saying if they couldn't find a trade partner they were going to cut him. Even once we traded him, Ian Rappaport said the same thing. It's been discussed for months. It was known he wasn't gonna be here in 2016.

Pace nor Fox EVER even hinted about a cut. It was media reports which carries half water.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
If you look at it realistically, Desbro or Guapo would have owned Pace on a deal for Bennett.

Clam boy name-dropping on a completely irrelevant GM correlation. Why don't you worry about not getting banned again instead of trolling.....clam:obama:

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Bears freed up 5 mil and picked up a 4th round pick for a player already out the door. If Bennett stayed in Chicago another year he would of half assed it or spent atleast half the year injured.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I thought Fox was a players coach. A coach that commands the locker room, rallies the players around him, and gets 100% buy in.

And in every single interview you see with Chicago Bears players, be it after practice during the week, in post-game press conferences after a win or a loss, one thing is consistent: The players have bought in completely, and love working for Fox and company.

Guess not.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
why would pace cut him ? makes no sense with the leverage we had to trade him he could afford to let him sit a year behind Miller just to prove a point

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
in 2014 sure, in 2015 zach miller had a better year, stats show that.

You do know Bennet only played in 10 full games last year right?

You do know that Bennett had more catches and the same exact yards which was padded with a fluke 87yrd Miller TD

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Nah, he was getting cut. It was known league wide. I'll believe insiders and reports of a random message board guy.

It's called speculation and not "known".

Also you don't have to believe anybody on here I for 1 never said they were going to cut him or keep him or trade him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I thought Fox was a players coach. A coach that commands the locker room, rallies the players around him, and gets 100% buy in.

And in every single interview you see with Chicago Bears players, be it after practice during the week, in post-game press conferences after a win or a loss, one thing is consistent: The players have bought in completely, and love working for Fox and company.

Guess not.

Exactly. And you ship out the ones that don't buy in.
It'll be funny to watch martellus implode when he realizes he is the 4th option on offense in his contract year.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It'll be funny to watch martellus implode when he realizes he is the 4th option on offense in his contract year.

Has any player ever imploded as a member of the Patriots?

For such a hot head and loose cannon the greatest coach and franchise in the modern history doesn't seem intimidated.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's called speculation and not "known".

Also you don't have to believe anybody on here I for 1 never said they were going to cut him or keep it trade him.

No. It was well known. Their wasnt one major nfl beat writer who didn't know that or fail to report it. But keep crying about it, maybe it'll change something. Now, the last piece pace will cut loose will happen next off season, and it'll be cutler.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Why would he not buy in? This guy get's player to buy in.

He was under contract.

It would be a contract year where playing well could land him another big contract.

Seems pretty simple to me. Solid pro-bowl player, in a contract year, playing under a coach that gets all his player to buy in....

No matter how you spin it, we lost this trade. Marshall trade 2.0.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
No. It was well known. Their wasnt one major nfl beat writer who didn't know that or fail to report it. But keep crying about it, maybe it'll change something. Now, the last piece pace will cut loose will happen next off season, and it'll be cutler.

They didn't know shit it was speculation.

Also there is not "crying" it's called discussion which is something you do here on a message board.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Has any player ever imploded as a member of the Patriots?

For such a hot head and loose cannon the greatest coach and franchise in the modern history doesn't seem intimidated.

Randy Moss? Is your memory that freaking short sighted that he got traded mid season for a fucking 4th rounder? Or maybe Albert Haynesworth who was a major headache for Bill that he cut him after 4 months (right after a sideline altercation with pepper johnson) get the fuck over it.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter
Wheeling and dealing continues: Bears are trading TE Martellus Bennett to Patriots for draft-pick compensation, league sources tell ESPN.

Gronk and The Black Unicorn on the same team? :lmao:

Laugh now, but they'll be scoring on people in bunches.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would he not buy in? This guy get's player to buy in.

He was under contract.

It would be a contract year where playing well could land him another big contract.

Seems pretty simple to me. Solid pro-bowl player, in a contract year, playing under a coach that gets all his player to buy in....

No matter how you spin it, we lost this trade. Marshall trade 2.0.
Win or lose. I dont really care. Ill miss Marty but i dont know the specifics behind why he was traded. It is what it is.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Randy Moss? Is your memory that freaking short sighted that he got traded mid season for a fucking 4th rounder? Or maybe Albert Haynesworth who was a major headache for Bill that he cut him after 4 months (right after a sideline altercation with pepper johnson) get the fuck over it.

Pretty mature how angry you get over the Internet.

Moss was let go because he was done athletically and requested the trade. That was obvious by his production after leaving. There was no reports that he "imploded". If you find one please post it.

Thank you internet tough guy

Status
Not open for further replies.