Marty Reasoner, we hardly knew ye (HAWKS acquire Taffe)

cheps_oner

Liked Posts:
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=534819

The Chicago Blackhawks have acquired center Jeff Taffe (TAYF) from the Florida Panthers in exchange for center Marty Reasoner.

Taffe, 29, recorded two points (G, A) and four penalty minutes in 21 regular-season games with Florida during the 2009-10 campaign. The Hastings, Minnesota, native also tallied 56 points (28G, 28A) in 61 regular-season contests, and added seven points (G, 6A) in seven postseason tilts last season with the American Hockey League’s Milwaukee Admirals.

Originally selected by the St. Louis Blues in the first round (30th overall) of the 2000 National Hockey League Entry Draft, Taffe has registered 21 goals and 23 assists in 174 career regular-season NHL contests over parts of seven seasons with the Phoenix Coyotes (2002-04, 2005, 2006-07), New York Rangers (2005), Pittsburgh Penguins (2007-09) and Florida (2009-10). Taffe has also notched 309 points (137G, 172A) in 389 regular-season games in the AHL with Springfield, Utah, Hartford, San Antonio, Wilkes-Barre and Milwaukee, as well as 21 points (6G, 15A) in 24 career AHL postseason tilts.

Reasoner, 33, was originally acquired in a trade with the Atlanta Thrashers on June 24, 2010.

-cheps oner

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully this mean that Niemi is ready to sign a deal, but then again the Hawks were in no position to have a $1.1m 4th liner either.

PS. Beat you to it in the Hawks transaction thread. This is hardly a deal that warrants a thread of its own. :p

[quote name="roshinaya"]Hopefully this mean that Niemi is ready to sign a deal, but then again the Hawks were in no position to have a $1.1m 4th liner either.

PS. Beat you to it in the Hawks transaction thread. This is hardly a deal that warrants a thread of its own. :p[/quote]

sure it does. :clap:

bierboy

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

sure it does. :clap:[/quote]

Now boys....

It's interesting if he ever stepped foot in Chicago.

Also interesting Tallon and Dudley are Stans main partners in these trades. Pretty lucky they don't just tell him to fuck off IMO.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are professionals. But I bet Stan won't be getting any Xmas cards from them.

[quote name="roshinaya"]They are professionals. But I bet Stan won't be getting any Xmas cards from them.[/quote]

Just a little Ironic NONE of the other professional GM's are bailing him out. Other than Burke taking Versteeg.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taffe has his own poster rank now.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Just a little Ironic NONE of the other professional GM's are bailing him out. Other than Burke taking Versteeg.[/quote]

Minnesota did?

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Just a little Ironic NONE of the other professional GM's are bailing him out. Other than Burke taking Versteeg.[/quote]

Yes, other GM's are all teaming up and picking on little Scooter because his daddy made a booboo on their BFF.

While I am not denying that there might be some resentment among his peers, I am highly doubtful that there would be anything more than that. While the GM's have a country club atmosphere they are still professionals looking to improve their teams first and foremost before bothering with petty grudges.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Great move again, Stan...dumping more salary for a player not needed. Finding some sucker to take him....wait, I mean....

(kidding - no panties in a bunch please, calm down Taloniacs)

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Ok, so now where does this leave us financially at the moment? How much does Taffe make, anyway? I doubt very much.

Gemini13

Liked Posts:
[quote name="CLWolf81"]Ok, so now where does this leave us financially at the moment? How much does Taffe make, anyway? I doubt very much.[/quote]

IIRC 550 or 575K.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Well... it could be just as easy to maybe say that the hawks are being fleeced by talon and dudley, not the other way around. Only time will tell I guess.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="CLWolf81"]Ok, so now where does this leave us financially at the moment? How much does Taffe make, anyway? I doubt very much.[/quote]

Bowman can now "officially" announce the signings of Skille, Hendry, and Bickell with the knowledge that the Hawks have room to sign Niemi even with a very steep arbitration hit.

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
Did anybody really believe the assertion that league gms were blacklisting Stan? If anybody had an axe to grind with the Hawks it would be Dudley and Tallon. Let's see. Dudley gave away the store in the Buff trade, and then Dudley worked with Stan once again in the Ladd trade. Now Tallon just did us a favor and gave us some salary cap relief. Thank you Mr. Tallon, that was very nice of you.

And I still like the return in the Barker trade with Minny, and the Versteeg trade with Toronto, and Edmonton gave us a pick for Fraser. And the Islanders gave us two picks for our #30 pick on draft day.

And keep in mind the most respected hockey mind alive is Scotty Bowman.

Folks, coaches and gms are hired to be fired. They know that as much as we do.

Also, dont' you think if Dudley or Tallon were great hockey minds there would have been greater demand for their services? Jobs in Atlanta and Miami don't impress me. Both have a tradition of letting fools run their organizations, as their records over the last 10-15 years proves.

Regarding the trade, the hawks traded a 4th line guy with a 1.1 mill cap hit, for a 4th line guy with half the cap hit. Sounds like circumventing the salary cap to me. We'll see if the league approves the trade.

-5Minutes

bierboy

Liked Posts:
[quote name="5Minutes4Fighting"]...Sounds like circumventing the salary cap to me. We'll see if the league approves the trade.

-5Minutes[/quote]

How could they allow this when they shot down the Kovie deal?

:eek:bscene-buttred:

whiteevo

Liked Posts:
fuck, that reasoner jersey i just had made up is worthless now.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Taffe probably won't even play in the NHL. The only good part of this move is that we gained salary space, otherwise it sucks.