Matt Barkley is a leader of Men

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you operate a dink and dunk offense well, you can be successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at what he did on the first play. I think he is willing to go long.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at what he did on the first play. I think he is willing to go long.

I was just saying I'm good with dink and dunk if they execute. Not that Barkley was only dink and dunk. I only got the highlights of the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
whats so hard to understand abount not reaching for a QB if you dont have to? so far every QB in the draft is marginal.. so IF Barkley can improve and show something maybe we can pick a developmental QB in the 2nd or later rounds..

Great whatever. Anything that happened today should have no effect on the Bears approach to finding their next QB. Barkley did nothing to change my opinion of him. If Bears brass thinks today has changed the teams QB situation they should all be fired. As a fan please feel free get as giddy as you want.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Is their any truly compelling evidence at this juncture that the QB's in this draft will be better than Matt Barkley in the NFL. Like Windy has said all of a sudden the last five games are must see TV. They will also probably decide the future direction of this team.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is their any truly compelling evidence at this juncture that the QB's in this draft will be better than Matt Barkley in the NFL. Like Windy has said all of a sudden the last five games are must see TV. They will also probably decide the future direction of this team.

A lot of people are saying they know what Matt Barkley is.

My assertion is we have no idea. In 64 relief passes he was terrible. In 1 start he was very good with a ton of other starters missing.

Let see what he is, he has talent.

If Barkley plays well I bring him back and I might wait till round 2 to pick a QB. If he looks backup ish I will draft the best a available QB I can get my hands on.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Great whatever. Anything that happened today should have no effect on the Bears approach to finding their next QB. Barkley did nothing to change my opinion of him. If Bears brass thinks today has changed the teams QB situation they should all be fired. As a fan please feel free get as giddy as you want.

No it shouldn't.

But 6 good games should a little.

Can't have 6 good games without having a good game in the 1st game.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

My assertion is we have no idea. In 64 relief passes he was terrible. In 1 start he was very good with a ton of other starters missing.

If Barkley plays well I bring him back and I might wait till round 2 to pick a QB. If he looks backup ish I will draft the best a available QB I can get my hands on.

I am all down for letting Matt Barkley start the last five games. He played well today in his first career start.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:

At this juncture I would have to agree thats the best plan. It will be interesting to see the last game when Matt will have Alshon to throw to.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let him finish the season. Tell Jay to start packing.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Things We Learned About Bears Today

The Bears actually have two QB's on the team who just might turn into quality QB's in Barkley and Connor Shaw. Under pressure they both showed leadership and accuracy and threw TD passes in the NFL.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Barkley...good game. Do we still look for a Qb in da draft.....YES

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns

Pace likes Barkley, too.

And that means everything.

Barkley’s success Sunday or beyond won’t preclude Pace from drafting a quarterback early on in this year’s draft. But Pace never saw Barkley as the punch line that he had seemingly become after going from a prized high school recruit for Southern California to a fourth-round pick of the Eagles in 2013 to roster fodder.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Matt Barkley turns into Carson Palmer-esque lite? He certainly makes the last five games interesting now. Come on Barkley and seize these opportunities.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

If Bears brass thinks today has changed the teams QB situation they should all be fired

i AGREE 100%

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barkley had some serious inaccuracies on easy throws.....you can chalk it up to first game start jitters, but I think he is a just a sub par NFL back up.....

We still need to go get a QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Best case scenario: Barkley plays really well and the Bears bring him back to compete with a 2nd round pick (Davis Webb)

Middle Scenario: Barkley plays okay and is brought back to compete with a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Worst case scenario: Barkley sucks and the Bears need to sign a vet and draft the best QB they can get probably 1st round pick.

The last 5 games will be very interesting.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe Matt Barkley turns into Carson Palmer-esque lite? He certainly makes the last five games interesting now. Come on Barkley and seize these opportunities.

Barkley offers a slight glimmer of hope.

Cutler and Hoyer offering nothing. We know exactly what they are.