Matt Nagy: Bears, including self, didn't handle success in 2018

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Wasn’t foles a SB MVP though? And has a historic season under his belt? Sure looked like a pile of dung last season…except when he was chewing out Nagy on the sidelines for calling a timeout when they were marching and allowing the D to sub. Looked good there
again, i said that’s on him for his player evaluation. you don’t have a point here other than crying about Nagy who many expected to magically fix the offense when he has had to work with sub par talent at the 2 most important positions on offense. give him a chance with actual talent.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Nagy is such a tool. He has been around elite level football ( pro, college) for over 20 yrs, he acts like it was a shock that teams didn't roll over for them after the 2018 12-4 season.

All his revisionist history bullshit, we would have won the Super Bowl and we were rockin'.

They wouldn't have won the SB and it was Vic and his defense that were rockin'. Dude was exposed as a fraud when Vic left and unless, after no one worth a fuck would take the job, the lucked into lightening in a bottle with Desai , he will be a goner sooner rather than later.
he says he felt like they were meaning in the past tense.

do you need your eyes checked doc?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
again, i said that’s on him for his player evaluation. you don’t have a point here other than crying about Nagy who many expected to magically fix the offense when he has had to work with sub par talent at the 2 most important positions on offense. give him a chance with actual talent.
Actually have not cried over nagys incompetence. I have made many points about why he is bad at his job that can’t be attributed to the QB. You choose to ignore them and want to say there’s not enough evidence and he needs more talent to be evaluated. There’s more than enough games and examples to evaluate Nagy by now. You don’t need top flight QB snd LT play to make an evaluation. I think you may be 1 of 10 people I’ve heard either in real life or on the internet that actually hold out hope he stops being a moron. Now, you may end up right but I seriously doubt it

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Actually have not cried over nagys incompetence. I have made many points about why he is bad at his job that can’t be attributed to the QB. You choose to ignore them and want to say there’s not enough evidence and he needs more talent to be evaluated. There’s more than enough games and examples to evaluate Nagy by now. You don’t need top flight QB snd LT play to make an evaluation. I think you may be 1 of 10 people I’ve heard either in real life or on the internet that actually hold out hope he stops being a moron. Now, you may end up right but I seriously doubt it
who the hell said top flight?

every QB he’s had since he got here is a back up quality QB. he hasn’t had a single snap with a starting caliber QB since he’s gotten to the NFL. you are severely underestimating how that handicaps an offense.

he also has had some pretty shitty offensive lines since he’s gotten here too.

Leno is awful, especially in the run game
Daniels is solid
Whitehair is solid
RG has been a turnstile
and Massie is pretty bad too

these are “points” you conveniently don’t make when evaluating Nagy

Enasic

Liked Posts:
who the hell said top flight?

every QB he’s had since he got here is a back up quality QB. he hasn’t had a single snap with a starting caliber QB since he’s gotten to the NFL. you are severely underestimating how that handicaps an offense.

he also has had some pretty shitty offensive lines since he’s gotten here too.

Leno is awful, especially in the run game
Daniels is solid
Whitehair is solid
RG has been a turnstile
and Massie is pretty bad too

these are “points” you conveniently don’t make when evaluating Nagy
If everyone knows Mitch sucks, the HC should probably be aware right? Why come out and throw 50 times with a shit QB against GB in a one score game? Is he that clueless?

Why continue to start coward when he’s not even a backup level OL? The OL had decent talent. Leno, while never great, completely fell off a cliff once Nagy got here.

Why after Howard averaged over 5 YPC do you switch up the run blocking scheme in 18 and continue to do it with lesser results?

Again, these are poor decisions all on Nagy, not the QB. There’s countless other examples of incompetence. Sure, he didn’t have a great QB. Good coaches adjust. Nagy kept trying to jam a square peg in a round hole again and again. He made boneheaded decision after boneheaded decision. Professional players in the know like Olin, brown, Briggs, media members, and even knowledgeable fans pointed these failures out game after game. Nagy never learned.

I get your point. Mitch isn’t good. Fine. Nagy did nothing to adjust and scheme around his personnel. I’m willing to bet that dalton will have one of his worst seasons as a pro under Nagy. I’d love to eat crow…but it’s coming

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If everyone knows Mitch sucks, the HC should probably be aware right? Why come out and throw 50 times with a shit QB against GB in a one score game? Is he that clueless?

Why continue to start coward when he’s not even a backup level OL? The OL had decent talent. Leno, while never great, completely fell off a cliff once Nagy got here.

Why after Howard averaged over 5 YPC do you switch up the run blocking scheme in 18 and continue to do it with lesser results?

Again, these are poor decisions all on Nagy, not the QB. There’s countless other examples of incompetence. Sure, he didn’t have a great QB. Good coaches adjust. Nagy kept trying to jam a square peg in a round hole again and again. He made boneheaded decision after boneheaded decision. Professional players in the know like Olin, brown, Briggs, media members, and even knowledgeable fans pointed these failures out game after game. Nagy never learned.

I get your point. Mitch isn’t good. Fine. Nagy did nothing to adjust and scheme around his personnel. I’m willing to bet that dalton will have one of his worst seasons as a pro under Nagy. I’d love to eat crow…but it’s coming
you continue to underestimate the importance of a QB in the NFL. how do you simply adjust to having a back up QB under center? he couldn’t throw further than 10 yards. and he did adjust his offense for Mitch in 2020. watch the film between Foles’ offense and Mitch’s, it was completely different.

the OL fell off a cliff because they sucked. Leno had a decent year in 2018 however, so you’re just making stuff up at that point. and maybe he started coward because pace failed to have somebody in the pipeline developing? Bars and Mustipher were raw UDFAs they legitimately might not have been ready.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
you continue to underestimate the importance of a QB in the NFL. how do you simply adjust to having a back up QB under center? he couldn’t throw further than 10 yards. and he did adjust his offense for Mitch in 2020. watch the film between Foles’ offense and Mitch’s, it was completely different.

the OL fell off a cliff because they sucked. Leno had a decent year in 2018 however, so you’re just making stuff up at that point. and maybe he started coward because pace failed to have somebody in the pipeline developing? Bars and Mustipher were raw UDFAs they legitimately might not have been ready.
I keep pointing out specific situations that have nothing to do with the QB. Game management, personnel decisions, play calls, undisciplined play, the list goes on. I don’t doubt Nagy would look better with a great QB, big deal. All coaches would…but you don’t need a great QB to evaluate the competency of the HC. Over 3 seasons, he has shown to be a poor HC/OC. It’s barely debatable at this point but agree to disagree. We’re all bear fans and entitled to our opinions. Cheers

Brownie

Liked Posts:

You win, Matt. This is exhausting.

In the future, I will know better than to debate these points with you. After all, you've already talked your way into the pants of people way more important than me, like George and Teddy.

Hope it all works out. Have a blast on gameday.. and as always: Be You, my dude...

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
You win, Matt. This is exhausting.

In the future, I will know better than to debate these points with you. After all, you've already talked your way into the pants of people way more important than me, like George and Teddy.

Hope it all works out. Have a blast on gameday.. and as always: Be You, my dude...
There is no debating or having genuine discussions with him.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
in name only, Mack has not been the same since 2018

Mitch was worse in 2019 and 2020 compared to 2018

Leno and really the entire offensive line was better in 2018

TEs have had a huge drop off since 2018, with the exception of in the RZ last season

Some of that is on the coaching, but i would argue most of it is on injury and poor roster management

In name only????

Jesus fucking christ.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I keep pointing out specific situations that have nothing to do with the QB. Game management, personnel decisions, play calls, undisciplined play, the list goes on. I don’t doubt Nagy would look better with a great QB, big deal. All coaches would…but you don’t need a great QB to evaluate the competency of the HC. Over 3 seasons, he has shown to be a poor HC/OC. It’s barely debatable at this point but agree to disagree. We’re all bear fans and entitled to our opinions. Cheers
Not to mention that after Lazor took over playcalling in week 10 and after a bye week to adjust to him the Bears averaged 33 PPG and 387 YPG over 5 weeks.
Butt hurt ego douche Nagy inexplicably took back play calling despite the fact that under his command during the 1st 9 weeks the Bears could achieve that yardage number only 1 time and reached that number of points a total of 0 times, zilch, nada.

The Bears offense predictably went back into the toilet puting up 16 pts vs GB and 9 pt vs NO averaging less than 300 YPG in those two games.

@westcoast bear fanatic blaming Trubisky or Leno or the talent level are just bullshit excuses that ignores the undeniably obvious, when the only variable was Nagy, the offense was almost unthinkably better without Nagy involved, only to plummet back to the Nagy playcalling shit level the moment he returned as playcaller.

Who yanks playcalling away from a guy whose offense that is averaging 2 touchdowns better than the previous playcaller? Testicle head, that's who.

But hey, Nagy has already proclaimed himself playcalling czar for 2021, what could go wrong?

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is also the variable that when the offense took off they were playing shot bag defenses and then they played 2 good defenses to close out the year.

Nagy has been a disappointment as a player caller.

There were major personnel issues, but he didn’t seem to care. Guys who only run “their system” are pretty much useless. If you don’t have the personnel to run your system you are as big a part of the problem as anything.

I am interested to see what he does with better personnel on offense.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
There is also the variable that when the offense took off they were playing shot bag defenses and then they played 2 good defenses to close out the year.

There were major personnel issues, but he didn’t seem to care. Guys who only run “their system” are pretty much useless. If you don’t have the personnel to run your system you are as big a part of the problem as anything.

agreed. people take my defense of nagy as an endorsement. i don’t think he’s been given a fair shake and people are too eager to throw him to the wolves, this year he needs to sink or swim.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
agreed. people take my defense of nagy as an endorsement. i don’t think he’s been given a fair shake and people are too eager to throw him to the wolves, this year he needs to sink or swim.
Just because he didn't have personnel that suit his system to me doesn't mean he hasn't been given a fair shake though. His unwillingness or inability to adjust to what he had is damning. I hope he does better with more suitable talent, but that doesn't change that he was shit at his job the first 3 years

Brownie

Liked Posts:

Well said.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just because he didn't have personnel that suit his system to me doesn't mean he hasn't been given a fair shake though. His unwillingness or inability to adjust to what he had is damning. I hope he does better with more suitable talent, but that doesn't change that he was shit at his job the first 3 years
It is hard to run anything if value when your OL is getting ass whooped.

Lazor looked good because the OL was finally winning consistently against trash defenses.

The OL was non competitive against GB and NO.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is more talent on offense now.

We will see if Nagy can develop it and call a game it can execute.

This OL should be better, but it is not at the level to run what KC runs. A rookie LT, an okay vet RT, that is not good enough to do 40+ shotgun snaps a game with no help.

This is where I am interested to see if Nagy can check his ego and not hand Jenkins and Ifedi out in the wind.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Your first point is kinda moot because Nagy has played poor defenses in his 3 years as HC. Unfortunately for him, the lazor offense against poor defenses was better than anything Nagy was able to do against bad defenses….and lazor did that in what, a few games? Nagy couldn’t do it in 3 years