Matt Nagy: Bears, including self, didn't handle success in 2018

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Just because he didn't have personnel that suit his system to me doesn't mean he hasn't been given a fair shake though. His unwillingness or inability to adjust to what he had is damning. I hope he does better with more suitable talent, but that doesn't change that he was shit at his job the first 3 years
but it’s not about fitting his scheme it’s those players suck. and aren’t starters on other teams.

Leno is bad and Massie is and was pretty bad too. immediately the 2 most important positions on the line are bad. Kyle Long was a corpse, and Pace failed to have anybody in the pipe line developing other than UDFAs. That right there are 3 huge holes on the OL he’s had to deal with since getting here, they couldn’ even win their 1 on 1s or get a push, what scheme works where your offensive line is so bad and so soft they can’t get a push? honestly tell me.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
You had one of the best defensive coordinators in the game. Connect the dots. he’s such a Special person

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Not to mention that after Lazor took over playcalling in week 10 and after a bye week to adjust to him the Bears averaged 33 PPG and 387 YPG over 5 weeks.
Butt hurt ego douche Nagy inexplicably took back play calling despite the fact that under his command during the 1st 9 weeks the Bears could achieve that yardage number only 1 time and reached that number of points a total of 0 times, zilch, nada.

The Bears offense predictably went back into the toilet puting up 16 pts vs GB and 9 pt vs NO averaging less than 300 YPG in those two games.

@westcoast bear fanatic blaming Trubisky or Leno or the talent level are just bullshit excuses that ignores the undeniably obvious, when the only variable was Nagy, the offense was almost unthinkably better without Nagy involved, only to plummet back to the Nagy playcalling shit level the moment he returned as playcaller.

Who yanks playcalling away from a guy whose offense that is averaging 2 touchdowns better than the previous playcaller? Testicle head, that's who.

But hey, Nagy has already proclaimed himself playcalling czar for 2021, what could go wrong?
You had one of the best defensive coordinators in the game. Connect the dots. he’s such a Special person
That’s the difference in a good coach…Vic left and the D declined. They were noticeably worse. Nagy replaced Fox and company, was given better weapons, and the offense has barely been better. Weird! I was under the impression the guru would have been able to take a noticeable jump from the fox days (especially with better weapons and not the Kendall wrights of the world).

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Nagy is still a clown. 2018 was the result of an easy schedule and down Packers team. 2019 happened because Vic left and the schedule got tougher. Three superbowls have been played since double doing so it is time for him to move on.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Nagy is still a clown. 2018 was the result of an easy schedule and down Packers team. 2019 happened because Vic left and the schedule got tougher. Three superbowls have been played since double doing so it is time for him to move on.
How can he move on when he has the 18 season play sheets taped to his bathroom to admire while taking a shit?

mecha

Liked Posts:
he's a weird dude. offensive head coaches lack discipline. it's shown. he should let his offensive coordinator do his job for him and worry about keeping the flock of sheep in line.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Glad that he learned so much from 2019, that he shit the bed in 2020, as well.

I'm willing to give Nagy the benefit of the doubt to see what he can do with Justin Fields. But if it's the same shit, we need to start thinking about replacing him. His leash should be about 1 season's length.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
in name only, Mack has not been the same since 2018

Mitch was worse in 2019 and 2020 compared to 2018

Leno and really the entire offensive line was better in 2018

TEs have had a huge drop off since 2018, with the exception of in the RZ last season

Some of that is on the coaching, but i would argue most of it is on injury and poor roster management

Schedule was cake in 2018.