Mayweather vs Pacquiao

TCD

Liked Posts:
Can't believe there is so much discussion still about one of the most boring main event fights in the last decade. Both guys put on a garbage fight and boxing fans who spent a lot of money on this fight deserve a refund. Would rather see Tyson bite Holyfield again this time in 1 round. Or better yet Beiber vs The Burger King..now that would have been worth the $100 bucks plus for the ppv and whatever stupid amount they were charging for live tickets.

P.S. the best fighter of the night was Lomachenko in the featherweight undercard bout. That Russian is goooooood. He and Walters need to go at it to unify the featherweight belts.

P.S. 2 = fuck both Mayweather and Pac. Talk to me about legendary fighters when these guys have over 100 pro bouts like the likes of Roberto Duran or over 200 fights like Willie Pep or Sugar Ray Robinson. That's why neither end up on my top 5 list of all time. Both combined don't have the same number of fights that some of the real legends of the sport have. Don't care who the opponents are or were when you have a career of over 200 bouts like Robinson did? FUUUUUUUCK Mayweather and Pac. Fuck em..they don't even belong in the same breath. Neither are the fighting fighters that those who paved the road for them were.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sugar Ray Robinson was #1, no question. I would have Sugar Ray Leonard close behind him, has an olympic gold medal. His pro career he defeated reigning champ Wilfred Benitez and went on to defeat Thomas "hitman" Hearns, Roberto Duran, and went up in weight class to beat Middleweight champ Marvin Hagler.

Reactions: TCD

TCD

Liked Posts:
Sugar Ray Robinson was #1, no question. I would have Sugar Ray Leonard close behind him, has an olympic gold medal. His pro career he defeated reigning champ Wilfred Benitez and went on to defeat Thomas "hitman" Hearns, Roberto Duran, and went up in weight class to beat Middleweight champ Marvin Hagler.

Leonard was fun to watch. So was Duran. When they met each other those fights were fun as hell. Maybe it was the era I don't know but electric fights and personalities. Them 2 dude did NOT like each other at all.

Should have had those two go for fight 4 instead of Mayweather and Pac.

No Mas!!! No Mas!!!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leonard was fun to watch. So was Duran. When they met each other those fights were fun as hell. Maybe it was the era I don't know but electric fights and personalities. Them 2 dude did NOT like each other at all.

Should have had those two go for fight 4 instead of Mayweather and Pac.

No Mas!!! No Mas!!!

Duran beat Leonard in a close decision the 1st time they fought. In the rematch Leonard had Duran so frustrated that in the 8th round Duran just stopped fighting and was quoted saying "no mas" multiple times and the fight is known as the No Mas fight. Leonard was known as an extremely smart fighter and was trained by Ali's trainer, Angelo Dundee.

Reactions: TCD

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
walters will destroy lomanchenko

they were saying manny should move down to jr. welterweight but i think a handful of them would handle a washed up manny pacquiao..the boy should just hang em up

all in all tho..i'm still pissed that floyd didn't stand perfectly still so manny could hit him

Treehorn

Liked Posts:

I would have to say Hagler was the best of the "big four" from that era and maybe I will open yet another can of worms here, but Leonard didn't beat Hagler. I have watched that fight at least 50 times and still just don't see how Leonard ended up with the decision. Hagler fucking dominated the middleweight division.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have to say Hagler was the best of the "big four" from that era and maybe I will open yet another can of worms here, but Leonard didn't beat Hagler. I have watched that fight at least 50 times and still just don't see how Leonard ended up with the decision. Hagler fucking dominated the middleweight division.

A rematch that should have happened. I was trying to remember about the years leading up to this fight and wasn't Leonard reluctant to go up in weight class and finally decided to do it.

Last edited:

TCD

Liked Posts:
Hagler liked to knock people the fuck out that's for sure. Does he still hold the Middle Weight record for highest knock percentage?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My only beef with people on Mayweather-Pac was how da fuck are people in an uproar on how Mayweather fought him. Its like no one had ever seen a Mayweather fight. lol Besides that, carry on.

I also throw Roy Jones Jr. out there as an absolute beast. He seems to get lost in the shuffle but that was a bad man.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
My only beef with people on Mayweather-Pac was how da fuck are people in an uproar on how Mayweather fought him. Its like no one had ever seen a Mayweather fight. lol Besides that, carry on.

I also throw Roy Jones Jr. out there as an absolute beast. He seems to get lost in the shuffle but that was a bad man.

You have to remember that a ton of people that watched this fight were seeing Mayweather for the first time. And it was boring as fuck. Basically put the final nail in boxing's coffin. That said, I was more disappointed in Pac than Mayweather. I expected him to press Mayweather much like Maidana did in the first bout with Floyd. Then, to hear he had a shoulder injury pretty much confirmed this was all about the pay day in the end. Though, at least it seems he has good intentions with the cash. This fight was 5 years too late. Probably would've been a great fight before Pac went all in on his political career.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You have to remember that a ton of people that watched this fight were seeing Mayweather for the first time. And it was boring as fuck. Basically put the final nail in boxing's coffin. That said, I was more disappointed in Pac than Mayweather. I expected him to press Mayweather much like Maidana did in the first bout with Floyd. Then, to hear he had a shoulder injury pretty much confirmed this was all about the pay day in the end. Though, at least it seems he has good intentions with the cash. This fight was 5 years too late. Probably would've been a great fight before Pac went all in on his political career.
Can confirm. First time watching Mayweather...thought it was boring. Expected more aggression from Pac...didn't see it. Underwhelming for the bandwagon. Par for the course for those familiar.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
A rematch that should have happened. I was trying to remember about the years leading up to this fight and wasn't Leonard reluctant to go up in weight class and finally decided to do it.

Leonard was afraid to fight him, much like Mayweather was afraid of Pac. Leonard watched his fight against Mugabi and thought he was aging and thus decided he could beat him, again much like Mayweather and Pac. Hagler finally said fuck it after Leonard wouldn't give him a rematch and retired.

One thing people need to understand is that boxing is scored on how much damage punches are doing and many times its hard to see on TV. Leonard didn't come close to hurting Hagler, just ran most of the fight.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Hagler liked to knock people the fuck out that's for sure. Does he still hold the Middle Weight record for highest knock percentage?

Not sure about the percentage, but he could knock guys out with either hand and frequently switched from lefty to righty in fights. He was always in shape too. He is in my top 5 all-time boxers.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Leonard was afraid to fight him, much like Mayweather was afraid of Pac. Leonard watched his fight against Mugabi and thought he was aging and thus decided he could beat him, again much like Mayweather and Pac. Hagler finally said fuck it after Leonard wouldn't give him a rematch and retired.

One thing people need to understand is that boxing is scored on how much damage punches are doing and many times its hard to see on TV. Leonard didn't come close to hurting Hagler, just ran most of the fight.

My dad says the exact same thing. He's a big time boxing fan.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
floyd offered manny a undercard spot on his next fight..people hate him but the man shows nothing but respect and sportsmanship to his opponents

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
GO MONEY TEAM
The problem is boxing is a dying sport, and the biggest name in the sport is a f*cking joke that makes everything boring. Any true fan of boxing appreciates Mayweathers skill, but what his personality and style does to the sport just makes things worse. He had the biggest stage in the history of the sport and chose not to put on a show, just to play it safe. Smart? Yes. But something fans can get behind? Hell no. And what boxing needs is an American star who fans can get behind.

I do not even watch Mayweather fights live after the Shane Mosley fight. And anyone who likes to talk trash about him should do the same, otherwise you directly enable that piece of shit.

Mayweather has had a perfectly plotted career. A great boxer, yes. But greatest of all time? No one of this garbage generation of boxing(Manny and Floyds reign) can be considered for greatest of all time.

Last edited:

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
floyd offered manny a undercard spot on his next fight..people hate him but the man shows nothing but respect and sportsmanship to his opponents

LOL, like when he made that racist video about Manny where he says, "As soon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellow chump. We ain't worried about that. So they ain't gotta worry about me fighting the midget. Once I kick the midget ass, I don't want you all to jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. ... Once I stomp the midget, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/02/floyd-mayweather-racist-rant_n_703731.html