Mayweather vs Pacquiao

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont get sore with me cause you have no idea what you're talking about. You're the one who wants to call a fighter, who got stopped by Buster Douglas, Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Danny Williams and Kevin McBride, one of the greatest ever cause he knocked out guys like Sterling Benjamin, Sammy Scaff, and William Hosea. :lmao:

:crazydance:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;DbE2Rk2GJJU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbE2Rk2GJJU[/video]

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd just like to say, in closing, you look every bit as stupid as Tyson looked in his interviews and Manny looked in his post fight interview last night.

I was vaccinated

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
What? Who did he duck? You are making it clear that you have no idea about boxing talent.

You can't comprehend what people write. When did I say he ducked anyone? He fought bad fighters when Cus was alive and was dominated by Holyfield and Lewis. I don't think we base how great a fighter is based on talent, do we?

You're confusing talent with production and results. To better make my point, Jay Cutler is one of the most talented QB's in the league but obviously not a good one. Tyson never really beat anyone memorable and the two guys of his generation that were even at his talent level dominated him. I do think he had the talent to be the best heavyweight ever, but it just didn't happen for the many reasons people have already stated(Cus dying, Don King, going to jail on false rape charges, drugs, etc.).

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Dont get sore with me cause you have no idea what you're talking about. You're the one who wants to call a fighter, who got stopped by Buster Douglas, Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Danny Williams and Kevin McBride, one of the greatest ever cause he knocked out guys like Sterling Benjamin, Sammy Scaff, and William Hosea. :lmao:

To be fair to Tyson, Tyson admits he really didn't train for Douglas and was banging little Japanese girls 3-4 t a time leading up to the fight. He wasn't exactly focused. I still think he got a raw deal on the count on Douglas, Richard Steele is the fucking worst. But yeah, Holyfield and Lewis dominated him. Mcrbride was just a paycheck. I think he was getting beat by Botha pretty bad too until he landed a good hook that bailed him out.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair to Tyson, Tyson admits he really didn't train for Douglas and was banging little Japanese girls 3-4 t a time leading up to the fight. He wasn't exactly focused. I still think he got a raw deal on the count on Douglas, Richard Steele is the fucking worst. But yeah, Holyfield and Lewis dominated him. Mcrbride was just a paycheck. I think he was getting beat by Botha pretty bad too until he landed a good hook that bailed him out.
Actually Tyson was at his normal fight weight in time for the fight. What he actually said was he had to lose 25 pounds in the month before the fight and did that by training hard and not eating while in Japan. He didn't feel like it would hurt him cause he had done it prior to other fights that he won. If you watched the fight, whether Steele counted faster or not did not matter. Douglas wasn't that hurt. He pounded the canvas in frustration of getting caught and then just stayed down watching the ref and paying attention to his count and, of course, got up before he reached 10. Had Steele counted faster he would have gotten up faster as he was paying attention to the count the whole time. Contrary to what Silence said about Tyson not caring about that fight, he was very embarrassed by the loss and avoided media and even a Chavez fight he had planned on attending just cause he didn't want the subject being brought up.

Tyson fans are very deluded so I love to bust on them. Probably heard many say how Lewis dodged Tyson in his prime but when you learn the facts, the reverse is true. In the mid 90's Lewis successfully sued to force Tyson to make a mandatory defense of the WBC title against him or force him to give up the title. Tyson would refuse to fight Lewis and, instead, relinquish the WBC title and fight Evander Holyfield who was thought to be washed up.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Tyson was fun early on. He did intimidate people. Mike Spinks was scared shitless but did it for the payday. I do believe if Gus would have lived ten more years the story would be better but never know now. I do like Tyson now a lot better. Life humbled him as it can do sometimes.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think it's hate. Just a different era. When I was young you could ask anyone who the champ of the world was and they could tell you. Major fights would be on the network and the world watched. Go outside today and ask ten people who the heavy weight champ of the world is and I'll be surprised if two could tell you. PPV has had a lot to do with it but that's where the money is. This fight ended as expected. If you think he's the greatest ever that's fine. I would say an Ali or Surgar Ray which doesn't make it hate. Just a difference of opinion. The sad truth is boxing is kind of dead. But boxing is to blame for its own demise. Hell, I would be surprised if one random person could tell you who the heavy weight champ is. Sad really cause back in the day those guys were like super heroes.

maybe cause its kind of a dumb sport

I mean, you win by giving the other guy a concussion

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
[video=youtube;pCVhyrgWSBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCVhyrgWSBY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
wfyesjniub5hsp8wpoam.jpg

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Tyson was fun early on. He did intimidate people. Mike Spinks was scared shitless but did it for the payday. I do believe if Gus would have lived ten more years the story would be better but never know now. I do like Tyson now a lot better. Life humbled him as it can do sometimes.

Yeah, I've heard Tyson on the radio a few times, and he definitely sounds like a humbled man. Also has a great sense of humor about himself. I was at a convention a couple years ago with my wife for her work, and he was hired by one of the vendors to sign autographs. These middle aged douchebags were getting his autograph and asking him to take pictures with them. Not only were they asking for pictures, but a bunch of them also asked Tyson to pretend to be biting their ears for the photograph. He happily obliged, but I felt sorry for the guy and kept on thinking how far he's fallen.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He destroyed him. Mayweather makes you fight his fight. He even let pax punch himsel out. This isn't mma. This is complete thought and counters and Mayweather won with ease and it would have been the same 5 years ago. Pac didn't hurt him at anytime. People need to know who Mayweather is and stop acting like he should punch it out. It's not the name of the game. Not saying you just random people. Mayweather has been knocked down once. Once. Good lord he is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After what I've heard about how boxing works in the past few days, I totally get how Mayweather won and won handily in terms of boxing. I mean, I knew he won at the time too just kinda based off of the commentary. I don't think Pac was gonna have a chance at winning unless he managed to actually do something to Mayweather (ie knockdown or whatever). That wasn't happening. With a bit more knowledge, I'll tip my hat to Mayweather's defensive style. It's boring as heck, but he knows what he's doing.

I guess as a super noob, I just wanted someone to get knocked down or something and that wasn't going to happen. I had an idea going in that nothing like that was going to happen though so I don't really know what I was expecting to see. I had fun either way so I guess that's all that matters.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can't comprehend what people write. When did I say he ducked anyone? He fought bad fighters when Cus was alive and was dominated by Holyfield and Lewis. I don't think we base how great a fighter is based on talent, do we?

You're confusing talent with production and results. To better make my point, Jay Cutler is one of the most talented QB's in the league but obviously not a good one. Tyson never really beat anyone memorable and the two guys of his generation that were even at his talent level dominated him. I do think he had the talent to be the best heavyweight ever, but it just didn't happen for the many reasons people have already stated(Cus dying, Don King, going to jail on false rape charges, drugs, etc.).

I can comprehend just fine. You keep saying he didnt fight anyone. He fought everyone he could. You keep confusing generations. You cant fight whats not there. Then, Holyfield and Lewis? After Tyson spent 3 years in jail fucking his therapist?

I see you recognize his talent and basically agree with me so Im not sure why you are arguing with me. Maybe it is a miscommunication. So we will move on

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually Tyson was at his normal fight weight in time for the fight. What he actually said was he had to lose 25 pounds in the month before the fight and did that by training hard and not eating while in Japan. He didn't feel like it would hurt him cause he had done it prior to other fights that he won. If you watched the fight, whether Steele counted faster or not did not matter. Douglas wasn't that hurt. He pounded the canvas in frustration of getting caught and then just stayed down watching the ref and paying attention to his count and, of course, got up before he reached 10. Had Steele counted faster he would have gotten up faster as he was paying attention to the count the whole time. Contrary to what Silence said about Tyson not caring about that fight, he was very embarrassed by the loss and avoided media and even a Chavez fight he had planned on attending just cause he didn't want the subject being brought up.

Tyson fans are very deluded so I love to bust on them. Probably heard many say how Lewis dodged Tyson in his prime but when you learn the facts, the reverse is true. In the mid 90's Lewis successfully sued to force Tyson to make a mandatory defense of the WBC title against him or force him to give up the title. Tyson would refuse to fight Lewis and, instead, relinquish the WBC title and fight Evander Holyfield who was thought to be washed up.

You have busted no one. You have dismissed all facts and just said your opinion is right. You look like a tool.