Mayweather vs Pacquiao

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Truth is, those bums were actually bums who were unknowns. Tyson also lost in his amateur career so I wouldn't say it was that dominant. Guys like Ali had many fights against the very best fighters of his time. But if Fraser was your favorite I would think you'd know it was really Frazier. Ali, Frazier, Norton and Foreman fought each other several times as well as other feared fighters and heavy hitters like Ron Lyle, Ernie Shavers, and Sonny Liston.

Certainly wasn't that level of competition in Tyson's time which is why everyone latched on to him and rode him for everything he was worth. He was important to boxing cause there weren't really any other big draws at the time. Holyfield was considered washed up before facing Tyson, yet he beat the younger Tyson like the bitch he was cause not only wasn't he afraid of Tyson but Tyson feared him which is why he acted the psycho in their rematch and bit his ear off. You can make all the excuses you want for Tyson but he was just a thug who bullied lesser talent and made a hell of a career doing that until he met up with some guys who were not afraid of him.

No agenda here fellas. lol

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lulz. You have no idea what you are talking about, but its alright. Go with how you feel.
I saw it all from beginning to end. You cry about Tyson losing this person or that person but then when some journeyman came along and knocked his ass out only a few weeks after his mother passed suddenly losing someone is more motivation. You can blame Robin Givens too if you want to be that weak but, damn, now you say a woman took him out?

Evander Holyfield was past his prime and had been written off before he layeth the smacketh down on Tyson's scared ass. George Foreman won another championship when he was 45 years old. Ali beat legends when he came up in boxing. Whipped guys like Liston, Patterson, Cleveland Williams, and Moore. Missed many years of his prime when exiled and came back to compete at the top again. Many fights with other great fighters like Frazier, Norton, Foreman, Lyle, Shavers. And never took a 10 count, too much man for that bullshit. Many great fighters overcame far more than Tyson ever had to. Nobody elses fault that Tyson was just a dumb thug. That's just who he was.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw it all from beginning to end. You cry about Tyson losing this person or that person but then when some journeyman came along and knocked his ass out only a few weeks after his mother passed suddenly losing someone is more motivation. You can blame Robin Givens too if you want to be that weak but, damn, now you say a woman took him out?

Evander Holyfield was past his prime and had been written off before he layeth the smacketh down on Tyson's scared ass. George Foreman won another championship when he was 45 years old. Ali beat legends when he came up in boxing. Whipped guys like Liston, Patterson, Cleveland Williams, and Moore. Missed many years of his prime when exiled and came back to compete at the top again. Many fights with other great fighters like Frazier, Norton, Foreman, Lyle, Shavers. And never took a 10 count, too much man for that bullshit. Many great fighters overcame far more than Tyson ever had to. Nobody elses fault that Tyson was just a dumb thug. That's just who he was.

I cry? Weird. Tyson lost the only guy who kept his mind right in boxing. There was a distinct drop off after he died. He fought a match with gonorrhea because he was fucked in the head. He didnt fight some of the best ever? No shit. It wasnt his generation. He cant fight what is not there. The shear you dismiss him because he lost to Holyfield after being in prison and thought he was a shell of his former self is laughable. Douglas got him because Tyson wasnt even in shape. He didnt care about the fight. There isnt the great Tyson vs. Ali debate because he was some scrub. If you cant see the pure power and speed, then you are what I think you are and thats a hater. People have a tough time separating the person from what he does for work.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Lulz. You have no idea what you are talking about, but its alright. Go with how you feel.

Actually,you are making it clear you don't know what you are talking about. You seem to be the classic fan who watches a big fight and believes the media hype on guys without any prior knowledge or a history of fighters. Tyson fought at a crazy pace, sometimes only 3 weeks in between fights. Mostly tomato cans and when you watch his YouTube highlights they look like weekend warriors, few were legit heavyweights. Spartan is 100% right in this case, but that's how you build fighters by facing low level talent while working up.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually,you are making it clear you don't know what you are talking about. You seem to be the classic fan who watches a big fight and believes the media hype on guys without any prior knowledge or a history of fighters. Tyson fought at a crazy pace, sometimes only 3 weeks in between fights. Mostly tomato cans and when you watch his YouTube highlights they look like weekend warriors, few were legit heavyweights. Spartan is 100% right in this case, but that's how you build fighters by facing low level talent while working up.

What? Who did he duck? You are making it clear that you have no idea about boxing talent.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mike Tyson

Youngest Heavyweight champion at 20

Junior olympics KO record at 8 seconds

Voted hardest puncher in history

Angelo Dundee after the Tyson-Berbick fight:
“He throws combinations I never saw before. I was stunned. Nothing is supposed to bother me. I’ve worked with Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard, but I’m seeing [from Tyson] a three-punch combination second to none. When have you seen a guy throw a right hand to the kidney, come up the middle with an uppercut, then throw a left hook?”

Freddie Roach about Tyson:
"Early in his career, he was unbeatable. He feared no one and was always in great shape. Great speed and a great puncher."

Manny Steward about Tyson:
"What was so amazing about him was he was such a small guy in an era of tall fighters... just like Marciano was. Mike was 220 but he was fighting guys 240-250."

Miguel Diaz:
"Tyson was so great until D'Amato and (Jimmy) Jacobs passed away. He was a great, great champ. The speed on his punches... not the speed of how the threw them, I'm talking about the 'speed' in which the brain tells the muscle to 'throw' - was unbelievable."

Jersey Joe Walcott about Tyson:
"I think he is a great fighter and a great champion. He would have done well in any given time. I'm sure he would've done well in my time when all the great fighters of the 40s were around."

Trainer Ray Arcel about Tyson:
"He could have fit in at any time in the heavyweight ranks. He could punch hard enough to have beaten anybody if he could hit them. The guy's a natural fighter."

Eddie Futch about Tyson:
"I think he has the potential to be the greatest of all, because he has two things going for him: terrific hand speed and the power, combined. He can lose 11 2/3 rounds of a fight and then take you out with one shot"

Jose Torres , NY Boxing commisioner:
'Mike Tyson is so fast and so powerful that it is almost impossible to resist the guy's punching power. Wherever he hits you, you're going to feel it. He reminds me maybe of George Foreman, but Tyson's much faster than Foreman. He reminds me in style of Rocky Marciano, but he's much faster than Marciano, and he's much bigger, 217 pounds. And he's faster and much more powerful than Joe Frazier, with a better hook. I really have no one to compare him with in terms of punching power.'

Frank Bruno:
"I'd rather fight Lennox once every week than fight Tyson once every year."

In the post-fight interview after knocking out Michael Johnson with a brutal shot to the head Tyson answers the question how he went right to him after the knockdown:
"It's my style. You make your own openings. You time things..everything was set-up. When he went down the first time I knew i was going to hit him. And that's how it's planned. I'm the master of the pin-point. My shots are so accurate and so precise...not to be egotistic...but when they land they are so precise...I can't help it who you are...you have to go down, because there is a law when Mike Tyson hits you."

Jose Torres on seeing the Mike still as a kid working in the gym:
“When I saw Mike hit the heavy bag, move to one side, punch again, and move to the other side, I realized how extraordinarily difficult it would be to withstand this kid’s sledgehammer punches. I shook my head in disbelief.”

Eddie Richardson, after being knocked out by Tyson, was asked if he’s ever been hit as hard as Mike hit him:
“Yeah, about a year ago. I was hit by a truck.”

And there is Sterling Benjamin, the Jamaican who sagged under a furious body attack after 58 seconds of Round 1: 'He has a sledgehammer, man!'

Sammy Scaff, the 250-pound Kentuckian who buckled under a barrage of Tyson punches, finally succumbing to a left hook after 1:19 of the first:
'I sparred with Greg Page, and I went four rounds, with Tim Witherspoon,' said Scaff, whose nose was still bleeding half an hour after the fight, 'but I've never been hit that hard in my life.'

William Hosea after being knocked out in the first round by Tyson: 'He fights you like you stole something from him'

Buster Mathis Jr. after his bout with Mike Tyson.:
'Mike Tyson dropped me. and when I looked up, the count was on five. I said to myself, Damn, whatever happened to one to four.'

Michael Spinks:
"Boxing is the best job in the world to let off steam, and people are in trouble when Tyson wants to let off steam"

Someone asked one of Mike’s sparring partners if he’s ever really tried to open up on Mike and get the best of him in the ring:
“I’m no fool. I’m paid to survive, not to commit suicide.”

Sparring partner Corey "T-Rex" Sanders:
"I've never been in the ring with someone who hit that hard. It feels like he has bricks in both hands."

Commentator after live watching Mike Tyson fight Mike Jameson: 'He throws flurries and punches like a welterweight. Very seldom do you see heavyweights throw combinations of 5, 6 punches. But Mike Tyson does it'.

Nope, not one of the greatest ever. Not even close. lulz

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I cry? Weird. Tyson lost the only guy who kept his mind right in boxing. There was a distinct drop off after he died. He fought a match with gonorrhea because he was fucked in the head. He didnt fight some of the best ever? No shit. It wasnt his generation. He cant fight what is not there. The shear you dismiss him because he lost to Holyfield after being in prison and thought he was a shell of his former self is laughable. Douglas got him because Tyson wasnt even in shape. He didnt care about the fight. There isnt the great Tyson vs. Ali debate because he was some scrub. If you cant see the pure power and speed, then you are what I think you are and thats a hater. People have a tough time separating the person from what he does for work.
Now I see you are the one who has no idea what he's talking about. Tell me 1 quality fighter Tyson fought before Cus died. Cus died very early in Tyson's career within the first year of it, in fact. You're trying to tell me Tyson dropped off after the first year of his career? That's some serious stupid shit you be shoveling. Then you try to say he didn't care about the Douglas fight when he whined and cried for months that the ref didn't count fast enough when he knocked Douglas down? WTF? You say he was out of shape for that fight when he was at his most desired weight with no sign of body fat? You didn't even see this fight, did you?

While it's not his fault there wasn't better competition at the time, he did take the 10 count many times so not seeing him being as great as many believe. When the competition was presented to him in the form of the 'washed up' Evander Holyfield and then Lennox Lewis, Tyson was awful so, again, a bit stupid to just look at all the bums he beat up and claim that made him one of the greatest ever.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Truth is, those bums were actually bums who were unknowns. Tyson also lost in his amateur career so I wouldn't say it was that dominant. Guys like Ali had many fights against the very best fighters of his time. But if Fraser was your favorite I would think you'd know it was really Frazier. Ali, Frazier, Norton and Foreman fought each other several times as well as other feared fighters and heavy hitters like Ron Lyle, Ernie Shavers, and Sonny Liston.

Certainly wasn't that level of competition in Tyson's time which is why everyone latched on to him and rode him for everything he was worth. He was important to boxing cause there weren't really any other big draws at the time. Holyfield was considered washed up before facing Tyson, yet he beat the younger Tyson like the bitch he was cause not only wasn't he afraid of Tyson but Tyson feared him which is why he acted the psycho in their rematch and bit his ear off. You can make all the excuses you want for Tyson but he was just a thug who bullied lesser talent and made a hell of a career doing that until he met up with some guys who were not afraid of him.

Holyfield...ugh...dont get me started on those horrible fights. Both guys failed as fighters in those two bouts. Holyfield and his cheap ass headbutts and Tyson and his complete spazz out biting. Both guys disgraced the sport and those two bouts alone pretty much killed any interest in the heavyweight division for me. Lewis was a good fighter drew me back with his fights and was capable of bringing back dignity to the division but it was a little too late. His ass kicking on Tyson was more significant than headbuttfields...but even then Tyson was already long done. Again its a shame what happened to Tysons mental being because those fights between holyfield and lewis should have been legendary for the right reasons not the wrong ones.

You cant deny Tyson was a bad fighter when he was mentally stronger. You just cant. Completely two different fighters pre D'Amato and post..it was so obvious. And im not even a big Tyson fan but shit man find me another fighter in the history if the heavyweights that fought with speed of a featherweight and power as a super heavyweight... as Tyson did when he was chasing the titles the first time. Just cant do it. Ali himself said Tyson was the best heavyweight he had seen and would have beat him.And hell the guy could ko other fighters with body blows...thats not common lol no matter how bad the opponent is. Again defensive fighting? Tyson wasnt the greatest when not swinging..even though his speed made him hard to hit..but when he was hit? I will say he had a soft jaw.

Frazier was my favorite because he wasnt a yapper and that left hook was evil..god damn eeeeevil!! And with all of this said i think or hope we can all agree that the best era of heavyweight fighting was the 70's and it will never ever be that good ever again. I miss the fuck out of those bouts even though i am only familiar with them through historical documentation as i was way to young to know the energy in real time. But tapes show a lot more sometimes.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't believe people actually watch this garbage.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now I see you are the one who has no idea what he's talking about. Tell me 1 quality fighter Tyson fought before Cus died. Cus died very early in Tyson's career within the first year of it, in fact. You're trying to tell me Tyson dropped off after the first year of his career? That's some serious stupid shit you be shoveling. Then you try to say he didn't care about the Douglas fight when he whined and cried for months that the ref didn't count fast enough when he knocked Douglas down? WTF? You say he was out of shape for that fight when he was at his most desired weight with no sign of body fat? You didn't even see this fight, did you?

While it's not his fault there wasn't better competition at the time, he did take the 10 count many times so not seeing him being as great as many believe. When the competition was presented to him in the form of the 'washed up' Evander Holyfield and then Lennox Lewis, Tyson was awful so, again, a bit stupid to just look at all the bums he beat up and claim that made him one of the greatest ever.

This whole paragraph shows you never watched his documentaries and the words out of his mouth and the downfall of his mind. I suggest you watch it. Then, come talk to me about what was happening. Besides that point, did you not read the numerous quotes i posted by "real" experts. Seems they think you are stupid as well.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holyfield...ugh...dont get me started on those horrible fights. Both guys failed as fighters in those two bouts. Holyfield and his cheap ass headbutts and Tyson and his complete spazz out biting. Both guys disgraced the sport and those two bouts alone pretty much killed any interest in the heavyweight division for me. Lewis was a good fighter drew me back with his fights and was capable of bringing back dignity to the division but it was a little too late. His ass kicking on Tyson was more significant than headbuttfields...but even then Tyson was already long done. Again its a shame what happened to Tysons mental being because those fights between holyfield and lewis should have been legendary for the right reasons not the wrong ones.

You cant deny Tyson was a bad fighter when he was mentally stronger. You just cant. Completely two different fighters pre D'Amato and post..it was so obvious. And im not even a big Tyson fan but shit man find me another fighter in the history if the heavyweights that fought with speed of a featherweight and power as a super heavyweight... as Tyson did when he was chasing the titles the first time. Just cant do it. Ali himself said Tyson was the best heavyweight he had seen and would have beat him.And hell the guy could ko other fighters with body blows...thats not common lol no matter how bad the opponent is. Again defensive fighting? Tyson wasnt the greatest when not swinging..even though his speed made him hard to hit..but when he was hit? I will say he had a soft jaw.

Frazier was my favorite because he wasnt a yapper and that left hook was evil..god damn eeeeevil!! And with all of this said i think or hope we can all agree that the best era of heavyweight fighting was the 70's and it will never ever be that good ever again. I miss the fuck out of those bouts even though i am only familiar with them through historical documentation as i was way to young to know the energy in real time. But tapes show a lot more sometimes.

Stop it! You are making to much sense.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
This whole paragraph shows you never watched his documentaries and the words out of his mouth and the downfall of his mind. I suggest you watch it. Then, come talk to me about what was happening. Besides that point, did you not read the numerous quotes i posted by "real" experts. Seems they think you are stupid as well.
Oh geez. :obama:

Yeah, I've never seen people, even "experts", over hype fighters in boxing before.

Boxing is 90% mental and Tyson was just mental. If you want to be considered one of the greats in boxing history, you have to have some great fights/rivalries to show for it. Tyson has no such super fights to point to, none that he didn't get knocked down on his ass anyway. haha

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh geez. :obama:

Yeah, I've never seen people, even "experts", over hype fighters in boxing before.

Boxing is 90% mental and Tyson was just mental. If you want to be considered one of the greats in boxing history, you have to have some great fights/rivalries to show for it. Tyson has no such super fights to point to, none that he didn't get knocked down on his ass anyway. haha

He didnt have a great rilvalry? Thats why isnt one of the greatest of all time? Experts over hype a boxer?

:speechless:

TCD

Liked Posts:
Stop it! You are making to much sense.

People always forget that tysons physic was completely different after his jail time also. He lifted way too many fucking weights in jail lol. He really did though he went from a fighter build to a body builders build and it wasnt good for him. It really a shame and i cant emphasize that enough that he never found the right guys to be in his corner after the D man died. He was exploited badly in the MTV era of fighting. Had he stayed the course that D had him on? Shit..just shit. He was also eating drinking, shitting and sleeping fighting during that early period. As he said he used to do nothing but train, learn and watch tapes of old fights. Guy was obsessed with fighting and dedicated as hell. No politics, no drama just fighting.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He didnt have a great rilvalry? Thats why isnt one of the greatest of all time? Experts over hype a boxer?

:speechless:
What great fighter did he beat? What made him great, beating up journeymen while also getting knocked out by one? Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one. Point to something that made him one of the greatest fights cause the best fighters he fought in his time easily beat him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What great fighter did he beat? What made him great, beating up journeymen while also getting knocked out by one? Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one. Point to something that made him one of the greatest fights cause the best fighters he fought in his time easily beat him.

It has been explained numerous times. Also, Holyfield didnt handily beat him. It went 11 rounds and Holyfield kept head butting. The second fight. Tyson went in there to do what he did. He even said it. Tell me you are tolling. My head is about to explode how you keep saying who did he fight? He wasnt in the fucking generation. Everyone in that generation said he would have been dominant but you dont think so because you watched his fights live 25 years ago.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
People always forget that tysons physic was completely different after his jail time also. He lifted way too many fucking weights in jail lol. He really did though he went from a figher build to a body builders build and it wasnt good for him. It really a shame and i cant emphasize that enough that he never found the right guys to be in his corner after the D man died. He was exploited badly in the MTV era of fighting. Had he stayed the course that D had him on? Shit..just shit. He was also eating drinking, shitting and sleeping fighting during that early period. As he said he used to do nothing but train, learn and watch tapes of old fights. Guy was obsessed with fighting and dedicated as hell. No politics, no drama just fighting.
WTF is wrong with you people? You have every excuse under the sun for why this guy got his ass kicked by a bloated cruiser weight and destroyed by a far better champion while also being knocked out by a bum. My question to you is a very simple one, what made him great besides beating up on guys nobody ever heard of and losing to the higher quality fighters?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It has been explained numerous times. Also, Holyfield didnt handily beat him. It went 11 rounds and Holyfield kept head butting. The second fight. Tyson went in there to do what he did. He even said it. Tell me you are tolling. My head is about to explode how you keep saying who did he fight? He wasnt in the fucking generation. Everyone in that generation said he would have been dominant but you dont think so because you watched his fights live 25 years ago.
TKO. You really latching on to the headbutt stuff, haha. 1 judge had Holyfield ahead by 7 points while the other 2 had him ahead by 4 before the TKO in the 11th. Wasn't that close.

No way in hell he would have dominated in the golden age of HW boxing. Throwing him in with the likes of Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman etc would just make him look like a little boy among men, kind of like Lennox Lewis did to him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
TKO. You really latching on to the headbutt stuff, haha. 1 judge had Holyfield ahead by 7 points while the other 2 had him ahead by 4 before the TKO in the 11th. Wasn't that close.

No way in hell he would have dominated in the golden age of HW boxing. Throwing him in with the likes of Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman etc would just make him look like a little boy among men, kind of like Lennox Lewis did to him.

:whoosh:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont get sore with me cause you have no idea what you're talking about. You're the one who wants to call a fighter, who got stopped by Buster Douglas, Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Danny Williams and Kevin McBride, one of the greatest ever cause he knocked out guys like Sterling Benjamin, Sammy Scaff, and William Hosea. :lmao: