Mayweather vs Pacquiao

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah pretty much. Bar atmosphere was pretty fun. Fight itself...meh. I get why Mayweather won, but to me it doesn't really show me much of anything. If that's how he wins most of his fights idk how you can put him way at the top.

But I'm also a total noob so :shrug:

He destroyed him. Mayweather makes you fight his fight. He even let pax punch himsel out. This isn't mma. This is complete thought and counters and Mayweather won with ease and it would have been the same 5 years ago. Pac didn't hurt him at anytime. People need to know who Mayweather is and stop acting like he should punch it out. It's not the name of the game. Not saying you just random people. Mayweather has been knocked down once. Once. Good lord he is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCD

Liked Posts:
Wasnt the fight i wanted but was the fight i should have expected.

I was in to it big time for the first 7 rounds then it trailed off on me. Love defensive fighting and smart fighting and mayweather is certainly one of the best ever in that department. Loved how aggressive manny was but end of the day you just cant hit mayweather he is too good at that side of boxing....eeer great at it.

Didnt live up to the hype but it lived up to the spectacle. I think thats the easy way for me to describe it. And pac was a dick after that bout..just a dick. Lost some respect for him not giving mayweather his due props. Mayweather on the other hand praised pac and he gained a lot more respect from me for thet..not that it fucking matters one way or another my giving either respect.

Again i didnt have invested interest in either going in really. Slight edge to pac but it was slim. Like both fighters and frankly both could still go another 4 years if they wanted to esp Mayweather with that defensive style of his.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Par for the course.....

Boring......

Thank goodness I didn't pay

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
about as uneventful as i imagined it would be

i figured Floyd would control the fight...his style is not a fun one to watch unless you're into boxing like that but its effective...held Pac to 81 punches landed out of 429 thrown

one of the greatest defensive fighters ever if not the best

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
LOL, you're making my point. Always an angle with Floyd. Oscar was done and coked out of his mind, but still a name. Hatton was tiny, lol never had punching power at 147 are you nuts? Hatton is the name you came up with, lol. You guys are Floyd fanboys but know little about the sport thats for sure. Canelo, dude is what 23 when he fough Floyd...again NOT in his PRIME.

I think Floyd wins easy tonight, but not fighting guys at their peak is what will hurt his legacy and he will never be considered the best ever, not even close.

that's mr. fanboy to you

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
So who was the Ring King?
[video=youtube;f5N_wxrnIK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5N_wxrnIK8[/video]

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
anddddddddddddd still

Will be called a not top boxer by the haters. He made pac fight his fight and nothing else. Pac three 400 and something punches. Lol he was so scared to get smoked. It wasn't even a fight after round 5. May weather destroyed him. I love the hate

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
Will be called a not top boxer by the haters. He made pac fight his fight and nothing else. Pac three 400 and something punches. Lol he was so scared to get smoked. It wasn't even a fight after round 5. May weather destroyed him. I love the hate

from the first round i kept saying that manny was scared of the counter..it took until the 4th round until he landed something that hurt floyd to open..i had manny only winning the 2nd round and the 4th

a complete wash

Monster

Liked Posts:

I don't think it's hate. Just a different era. When I was young you could ask anyone who the champ of the world was and they could tell you. Major fights would be on the network and the world watched. Go outside today and ask ten people who the heavy weight champ of the world is and I'll be surprised if two could tell you. PPV has had a lot to do with it but that's where the money is. This fight ended as expected. If you think he's the greatest ever that's fine. I would say an Ali or Surgar Ray which doesn't make it hate. Just a difference of opinion. The sad truth is boxing is kind of dead. But boxing is to blame for its own demise. Hell, I would be surprised if one random person could tell you who the heavy weight champ is. Sad really cause back in the day those guys were like super heroes.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
from the first round i kept saying that manny was scared of the counter..it took until the 4th round until he landed something that hurt floyd to open..i had manny only winning the 2nd round and the 4th

a complete wash

It wasn't so much the counter as it was the lead right hand, which is the classic way to attack a lefty and how Marquez was so successful against Pac in his 4 fights with him. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, one of the fighters was going to look old and it was Pac. He just didn't move his feet like he used to. Mayweather fought his fight and is a great defensive fighter but he is nowhere near top 5 of all time. I wish this fight had happened 5 years ago when Pac still had some power, something he hasn't had for the past few years. I still think he would have lost, but might have had a punchers chance.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:

Top fighter of his generation sure. Of all time, no. He just didn't fight the top guys when it mattered. I'm not sure I would call what he did tonight "destroyed" but he dominated in his usual fashion.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
It was impossible for the fight to live up to the hype

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies

To be fair, the intensity of the hate for Mayweather comes from what an absolute scumbag he is.